MadBull Barrett M468...

Victory

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/news.php

MadBull Airsoft: Shotshow 2008- Barret M468 and More News from Madbull- they will naturally will be present on Shotshow 2008. Announcement of licensed Barret M468 is mouth watering:

Gents,

We will display some MadBull latest products at SHot Show, including Licensed Barrett M468, Wilson Combat UT-15, Stun Grenades, JP Rifles, and more at our US distributor's booth JAG Precision #26112.

Please come by and visit us anytime during the Shot Show.

Well, there goes my project...so much for being unique!

Good news for the rest of you, though.

-Vic

P.S. Simon...yeah, I see you there. You and your liscensed Barrett goodness! Looks like I might own two M468s.

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/news.php

Well, there goes my project...so much for being unique!

Good news for the rest of you, though.

-Vic

P.S. Simon...yeah, I see you there. You and your liscensed Barrett goodness! Looks like I might own two M468s.

good chance that it will be priced out of the budget of most kiddy airsofters. Just hope the acme companies don't get a hold of it.......THEN YOUR DOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to me... its just another M4...

yeahh, when i read about the airsoft m468, i thought the same thing too. even the real steel is very similar to m4 other than the 6.8mm round it fires. but externally, it looks and functions the same as a standard ar15 m4a1 with some RIS. but this is airsoft. still im pretty sure a mad bull 468 is more or less the same internally and externally as most of the existing m4's already out in the airsoft market. you can probably slap on the $$$ VFC conversion kit and make it look 90% like a m468, and even so, itll still look 75% like a m4. by picture, i can tell the difference between m4 and m468 by focusing on details. but i dont know about you guys, if someone had a vfc or madbull m468 at my airsoft field, i wouldnt be distinguish it or isolate it from the other m4's in the field

sorry if i sounded offensive to anyone, i'm open to criticism

And there arn't too many AKs huh? :rolleyes:

But yeah, there are alot of AR-15s out there. But then again theres alot of variants of the system. So I don't see any problem with it, expecially when they are making AR-15s that are in the mainstream such as the Barrett M468. Now if they started in on the LWRC line...Or the Colt 1020. Then it's going too far. Such as G&P, they should just make kits to convert guns.

And there arn't too many AKs huh? :rolleyes:

Well you missed my point. there ARE too many AK varients too (geez, its just an AK with a donkey wang slaped on the front), but I mean that I'd like to see alot more "unique" guns out there. I mean, just where IS that F2000 GnG promised us a year and a half back? Another M4? Doesn't make much sense actually... I mean, to most people, realistically speaking, it doesn't matter what kind of M4 they buy. Most newbies you talk to just want to be able to afford a gun, and the ones that are serious skirmishers skirmish M4's because they're practical. They don't go looking for a 468; i think we're just the rabid ones who want a CASV or a 468 and wont settle for anything but. Honestly, I dont think these'll do well.

I think companies have put a stop on producing new guns, due to the whole ACM craze, whats the point of spending money, energy and time in a product (maybe not so popular) if someone else will clone it and sell it for cheaper, eventually beating them to the sale of that "unique" product... :unsure: as if they make armalites, everyone and their grandmother will buy one, makes me cry <_<

I think companies have put a stop on producing new guns, due to the whole ACM craze, whats the point of spending money, energy and time in a product (maybe not so popular) if someone else will clone it and sell it for cheaper, eventually beating them to the sale of that "unique" product... :unsure: as if they make armalites, everyone and their grandmother will buy one, makes me cry <_<

a lot of people would still prefer a G&G F2000 over a ACM or JLS F2000. it's the brand, reliability, and trust factor. i know more ppl who don't buy clones than those who do, me personally being one of them. although reviews for the A&K M249 are super, i'd still get the CA over the A&K anyday even though it is 2x more expensive. i think more ppl would buy a Magbull F2000 or Tavor (etc) over a Magbull M468. not everyone and their grandmother will buy a M468. and i bet 9 out of 10 airsofters have never even heard of the barrett m468

and my post earlier wasnt meant to specifically target ar15 variants but AKs, M16s and other guns where they slap some rails on it, a new flash hider, maybe a grip or something, and call it an all-new product. again, i'm not trying to attack m16's and ak's. i think theyre both awesome. but enough is enough, literally. all i'm asking for is some creativity and ingenuity

yay an m4 with a funny mag and "M468" or "cal 6.8" or whatever stamped on the side.

that's exactly my point though. It's just got different trademarks and a different rail on it; it's functionally equivilant to cheaper M4 RIS'.

And the fact that 9/10 people wouldnt know what a 468 is just dooms it even further to failure. Your not going to have newbies going "I want a 468", you're going to have newbies going "I want an M4 or an AK, or maybe just something i can afford". The buissiness these days in airsoft is catering to the crowds; thats why clones are doing so well. But to have an abscure model that looks like any old M4 to a newbie is just a bad thing. I'm not saying they shouldnt make it; im all about options. But i still cant for the life of me understand why they, meaning madbull, would release an M4 as their first product rather than something that has a slightly higher demand. There is an over saturation of M4s on the market and it doesnt make good buissiness sense.

that's exactly my point though. It's just got different trademarks and a different rail on it; it's functionally equivilant to cheaper M4 RIS'.

And the fact that 9/10 people wouldnt know what a 468 is just dooms it even further to failure. Your not going to have newbies going "I want a 468", you're going to have newbies going "I want an M4 or an AK, or maybe just something i can afford". The buissiness these days in airsoft is catering to the crowds; thats why clones are doing so well. But to have an abscure model that looks like any old M4 to a newbie is just a bad thing. I'm not saying they shouldnt make it; im all about options. But i still cant for the life of me understand why they, meaning madbull, would release an M4 as their first product rather than something that has a slightly higher demand. There is an over saturation of M4s on the market and it doesnt make good buissiness sense.

Riiigghhhtttt.

Which is why the HK416 totally sold like...three units total. :rolleyes::D

Nah, in all seriousness, i hear you and i agree with you BUT there is STILL a market for high end replicas.

Good news everyone...speaking with Simon a bit, I might be able to get ahold of one for a review.

Also, according to Simon, and you heard it here first, they have obtained liscensing from Barrett, but they are currently awaiting A.R.M.S. to liscense their copy of the S.I.R. rail system.

He also said something about Barrett coming out with a new rifle...I'm guessing a gas piston M468.

-Vic

YES

the REC7 (Reliably Enhanced Carbine engineered: 2007)

thats the gas piston one. but i think i still want the M468, as the REC7 will be like $2700 (im talking about real steel, jeez)

but im very interested in airsoft versions of both. ill sell my m4 hands down to get an m468 or REC7

now my M16A4/M203 though... :D

Vic: got any more info on it? pic? i guess that wont come til the licensing of the ras though...

-Joe

p.s.: thats why my unique rifle s the m14 sopmod... almost no one has those. ive never seen another in person

Archived