China made ACOG with markings?

alyaspogi

It's junk. Sort of...

It's actually very nicely made and has a very clear sight picture.

However, because of the way it's designed it's very hit-and-miss whether the adjusters will work properly.

Almost everybody who owns one seems to complain that the adjusters don't move the point of impact.

When I got mine I stuck a laser on the RIS of my M4, tried twiddling the adjusters and, surprise-surprise, only the final couple of clicks of the adjuster actually move the crosshair nearer to the laser dot.

It turns out that the springs that are supposed to push the lens assembly around inside the scope aren't long enough to do their job. As a result the adjusters might push the crosshairs one way but the springs won't allow the lens to move the other way and, after that, the adjusters won't work properly.

It's actually not that hard to pull the scope to bits and work on. I placed a couple of tiny washers behind each spring and that gave them enough range of motion to allow the scope to wrok properly.

If you fancy a bit of a DIY project (that makes a very nice scope when it's working properly. The sight picture it really nice, especially compared to a SUSAT) then go for it but if you expect it to work well out of the box then forget it.

It's junk. Sort of...

It's actually very nicely made and has a very clear sight picture.

However, because of the way it's designed it's very hit-and-miss whether the adjusters will work properly.

Almost everybody who owns one seems to complain that the adjusters don't move the point of impact.

When I got mine I stuck a laser on the RIS of my M4, tried twiddling the adjusters and, surprise-surprise, only the final couple of clicks of the adjuster actually move the crosshair nearer to the laser dot.

It turns out that the springs that are supposed to push the lens assembly around inside the scope aren't long enough to do their job. As a result the adjusters might push the crosshairs one way but the springs won't allow the lens to move the other way and, after that, the adjusters won't work properly.

It's actually not that hard to pull the scope to bits and work on. I placed a couple of tiny washers behind each spring and that gave them enough range of motion to allow the scope to wrok properly.

If you fancy a bit of a DIY project (that makes a very nice scope when it's working properly. The sight picture it really nice, especially compared to a SUSAT) then go for it but if you expect it to work well out of the box then forget it.

can you make a picto tutorial on how to fix it?

Archived