G36 Picture Thread

I have put my G36 for sale lately, but I had a second thought about it and felt something embarrassing running through my stomach, like if I would regret it...

I thought about setting it up in a simple -yet efficient- configuration and couldn't help but love it again. I decided to keep it :P

It's indeed a rock-solid gun, simple looks and what I like about it is that it has as much accessories and configuration possibilities as an M4.

Here's my favourite look :

post-47590-1206793798_thumb.jpg post-47590-1206793825_thumb.jpg post-47590-1206793858_thumb.jpg post-47590-1206793889_thumb.jpg post-47590-1206793916_thumb.jpg

And all the accessories I have for it :

post-47590-1206793952_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture request for full length G36s?

I know, I know, I always ask for these pics. I just like look of the full length rifle :)

The internet is full of them, if you can't find pics of the full length g36, then I really don't know what else to say.

I feel kinda dirty now

The pistolgrip/gearbox is out for maintenance, and for some dumb reason I managed to break the stock of my G36...

So today I took it off, and as I put the remainder of the gun (reciever, foregrip, rail, magwell) down, I got this idea:

I know it's blasphemy, and damn well near pervertion, but here goes...

How 'bout a bullpup-config stubby/PDW version of the G36?

So I grabbed a pad and a pencil, and made a drawing of how I'd imagine it'd be.

Now, you'll have to excuse the ######-poor drawing, but I barely passed art class, am not very good with proportions, and this was a five minute sketch :P

Disclaimer: this may hurt your eyes or make you die a bit inside. I am not liable for any unforseen consequences of you seeing this drawing.

Linky (READ DISCLAIMER ABOVE)

Any thoughts, ideas or flames?

It's based on the idea of the following stock G36 parts:

- G36k upper reciever

- G36k length barrel

- Large type G36c foregrip

- Flat-top type G36c top rail

I figure it ought to be fitted with something like a Comp.2 red-dot with cantilever mount and work off STANAG magazines...

Think I just might do this as a project after my upcoming M14 and 2nd G36k projects :>

(And yes, you'd have to produce a lower reciever, pistolgrip and modify the loadingmechanism for it to work properly)

It's not a bad idea, it is a bad drawing. Maybe cut and past a photo in photo shop.

I made some SL/9 bullpups photos in the past.

Now where are you going to put the motor of the gearbox? V6 gearbox?

what about the trigger action and selector?

oh yeah one more thing, DON'T USE STANAGS!! :ranting2:

Apart from that, goodluck with your project. :D

Yeah, the drawing is bloody horrible :P

Think I might pick up a ruler and make a somewhat proper one later on today and get back here with an update...

Haven't thuroughly thought this one through, regarding the internals. I reckon it's a matter of moving stuff forward and maybe beefing the size up a bit to allow for easier implementation...

I figured though, you could have the barrel internally be short as *albartroth* (foregrip length or so), and basicly move an entire G36 pistolgrip forward, complete with gearbox, motor etc and just attach it further forward on the gun...

It'd require a substantial amount of bodywork though.. Seems I've got my work cut out for me :>

Hey, I was just looking over your idea of the G36 bullpup. I must say I have though about this as well and while I was working on a mates AUG I figured It might be posible to use and tweek parts of an AUG's trigger system, wiring harness, and the like.

It's just an idea, and youd probably need to get you hands on a AUG, but I figured I'd out it out there.

Best of luck and let us all know how it works out :D

P.S.

I just thought of this. I got a PPA magwell converter a while back and I wasn't very satisfied with it. It had som defects and a fairly large crack on the inside triger side of the magwell, which ended up breaking and being a severe problem after a few games. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problems and if there were any preferances between the PPA and CA converters. Some mag referals would also be much appriciated.

TYVM :P

Ceriph

Edited by Ceriph

Ok, ladies and gentlemen, here it is;

The latest version of the G36 Franken-PDW!

g36pdwvb4.jpg

That's...ish what I had in mind...

Now, I have no clue as to how to do the internals, my guess is that I'd have to MacGyver some new fancypants feedingsystem from mag to hopup so I can fit a mechbox and motor behind the hopup...

Anyone love or hate the FrankenPDW yet? :P

...And all the accessories I have for it :

post-47590-1206793952_thumb.jpg

The rail thing at the very top, is that supposed to go on top of the scoped carrying handle? If so, Where do you get it?

Pkekyo-Nor: It is a decent design but I do see some flaws. The magwell is way far back and I don't think its possible to do that. The gearbox has to be behind where the mags go in. Personally, I would start out with a SL8 body. From there you can make a custom stock where it can accomodate the gearbox behind the magwell. Depending on the stock you can use a version 3 or maybe version 6 if you want it to be smaller.

Heres me and my 30 second mspaint cutup:

franken36wk2.jpg

It looks familiar....

I put a selector switch on the stock because if you were to use the v3 gearbox, it would be simplier to leave it there...

Hope that helps. I really gotta go to bed.

Yeah, P90 internals popped into my head earlier as well... Doesn't the P90 feed from the top though? I've never actually seen the insides of one...

But yeah, I reckon feeding system would have to be modified to get it to work...

Really, I hadn't thought it through regarding internals, I just found out I wanted a weapon that looked_like_that :P

So no, using an SL8 body or whatever is out of the question, though in and of itself it's not a bad idea...Well, it kinda is a bad idea, the point is to keep it small, not make it even bigger than it absolutely has to be...

Methinks it'll give me a headache when I get started...I'll have to start eventually though, 'cause methinks it'd be sexxeh!

Haxortheworld: No! - because I said so...

Well the picture I have is with a full length handguard and barrel. With the c-length handguard and barrel, the size would go down considerably. It is just that with your design, there is no way it would work with the magazine that far back. If you want, you could move the "receiver" forward but that would involve cutting up the handguards. As for the sl8 body, I suggest it because it would be easier for you to customize. With a regular g36 body, you have a buttstock hinge to worry about and cut up. With the SL8 body, you wouldn't have to worry about the hinge, as well as having a more secure foundation when you make a stock for it.

Here another pic I have. This was done with photoshop, but rushed so it still looks like ######. Everything should be to scale.

franken36funla5.jpg

It looks a bit more like your drawing. I also added near-to-scale models of the g36c and k (they have been flipped so don't worry about the ejection port). It has a barrel length of a g36k but its shorter than the g36c! Also note the buttstock. With the SL8 body, you can make a stock that is very secure to the rest of the body. As for the hopup, the only way I can suggest is keep the g36 one and make it so the magwell can come off easily so you can take it off and adjust the hopup.

It would be awesome if you did it. Just know its going to take a lot of time and money.

*edit: I was wrong, the g36k is not in scale. The g36c is however.

Edited by MrBlanks
Yeah, P90 internals popped into my head earlier as well... Doesn't the P90 feed from the top though? I've never actually seen the insides of one...

But yeah, I reckon feeding system would have to be modified to get it to work...

Really, I hadn't thought it through regarding internals, I just found out I wanted a weapon that looked_like_that :P

Euh a gearbox has nothing to do with the feeding. That's the hop up unit's job.

Yes the P90 feeds upside down, but you don't need to use the P90's hop up.

You can use the G36 hop up unit.

First picture of my SL9SD in progress.

mprojekt%20sl9sd%201.jpg

***The G36C foregrip and the Mk 23 SOCOM silencer are there to help give -me- an idea of where the G36K foregrip and the 290mm or 293mm suppressor will be.

Notes:

-I started with a CA8-2 which now has my Echo 1 G36C gas tube assembly.

- The mechbox is being swapped out completely for a custom aluminum shell I'm getting from the Q Project. I'm still waffling on which helical gears I am going to use. All internal mechanical components and contact surfaces are being moly-coated with Sentry Solutions Smooth-Kote and just-in-case lubricated with a minimal amount of synthetic-friendly moly grease (just because I can).

- I will be custom-fitting the wiring using 16 AWG silver-coated copper, telfon insulated wire. Ultra Deans and silver solder will be used and I will be sleeving all wires.

- The real SL9SD rifles appear to be fitted with one of the two "standard" G36K foregrips - with picatinny rail attachment lugs and the one that has the built-in weaver-style rail on the bottom.

- The sound suppressor is 293mm x 40mm and made by Brugger & Thomet AG (I have email correspondence with Karl Brugger that confirms these dimensions). My replica will probably make do with a 290mm x 40mm off-the-shelf mock silencer until I can build another fake that has the correct dimensions.

-The measuring tape and ruler indicate the 1150mm length of the realsteel SL9SD.

- The CA8-2 and the STAR SL9 and STAR SL8 bodies are not entirely canonical; this is especially noticeable with the thumbhole stock. On the realsteel rifle, the thumbhole is slightly longer and has a flat section between the arcs. The only way I'm going to make that happen is to fabricate my own stock, which is something I'm already working on as I have access to 3d modelling software and a rapid prototyper that "prints" in ABS Plus plastic. But that will be a while since I can't quit day job yet. :(

Edited by mprojekt