G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see more and more people using a mag converter with the G36. There are several models (or rather, brands) out there though.

So question is: What STANAG mag converter do you guys recommend? And do they work fine with MAG 100rds rds? Or is there any other magazine brand that should be preferred in this case?

I see more and more people using a mag converter with the G36. There are several models (or rather, brands) out there though.

So question is: What STANAG mag converter do you guys recommend? And do they work fine with MAG 100rds rds? Or is there any other magazine brand that should be preferred in this case?

i use the Private Parts Airsoft G36 > M4 Magwell adapter. i like it except for the fact that it doesnt hold my VN style hicaps in very snugly(it wiggles around and on occasion it causes misfeeds). however with the normal style M4 mags it doesnt wobble or anything. im actually moving to getting a regular G36 magwell due to the fact that it looks correct with the g36 mags. as for using MAG midcaps i have no idea but i assume they would work pretty good too.

Okay, thanks. I'm not too fond of the look of a G36 with STANAG mags, but then again I'm even less fond of the bulkiness of the G36 mags, and as I'm going for a low profile rig I just can't drop the thought that it might be a good idea. Have heard some bad stories about bad feeding with the magwells though, but I guess that might have been sorted out in recent releases, considering so many uses them nowadays and seems pleased with them too.

Thanks. :)

I installed the private parts magwell conversion a while ago and a box of MAG midcaps just came in the mail today and I am sad to say that they feed miserably right now. I'm hoping that after time they will break in and be able to feed at least halfway decent. One of the magazines will feed one bb at a time with a smack to the bottom in between every shot. My CA hi cap however feeds like a charm so...

I'm not sure where it gets stopped but if I hit the magazine after it stops feeding I can hear several bb's click up into the tube so I'm guessing it's at the joint between the magwell and the magazine. I'll try taking the midcaps apart and clean/lube them later but that shouldn't be it since they're very new.

The Badger would like to propose a conundrum to you, a riddle if you will.... (bonus cookie for reference)

Hes been wanting a dual optic carry handle for a while but nowhere has it in stock, plus he doesn't want to pay $150+ for it when he already has a pair of scoped carry handles lying around. He has a rail rigged above one with a standard RDS at the moment, but would like something a bit more... streamlined. So he came upon this.

now he wonders, if he was to clamp this onto the top of his carry handle, how would it sit. He further more issues a challenge for anyone with the applicable parts to give it a try, as hes sure that others will(see may some day) be interested in the results.

Preemptive thanks guys

Badger, that wouldn't work, it doesn't have a RIS mount. You would need something more like this:

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=2425

Yes, but he was wondering weather there was some way of mounting the one he posted directly onto the scope part of the carry handle. He highly doubts it but is always currious