G36 Picture Thread

Nothing wrong with experimenting and trying new things. That's what leads to innovation. The G36 is far from a perfect weapon.

But you can use the parts and accessories available already for that specific piece. What it looks like IMHO is your armorer had a bunch of G-36 parts, and a bunch of M-4 parts, and needed to rig together a gun with what he had.

Not a fan of it...but meh...

The G-36 is it's own unique piece.

Next thing you know, somebody somewhere will be putting M-4 crane stocks on M249's.......oh wait... :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What it looks like IMHO is your armorer had a bunch of G-36 parts, and a bunch of M-4 parts, and needed to rig together a gun with what he had.

Did you see who posted the picture?

Its AirsoftGI. They just throw accessories together to make more variations to sell.

So yeah, you're right.

From a design standpoint, youre crossing two totally different animals. Magpul stuff (the PRS and M93B and PMAG, in your case) is utilitarian and scaled (designed) for the likes of an M4. In that sense, the Magpul stuff makes the M4 look more rugged without changing the proportions of the rifle. The G36, however, is more of a sleek (almost sci-fi) looking firearm.... The bulkiness of both stocks (and their size compared to the G36) just doesnt mix.

It's kinda like putting a Porsche's whale-tail wing on a Lamborghini Murcielago... Functionally, both are great assets; visually, they just dont make a pleasing mix. I think G36 stocks are best suited for the G36. Same goes for Armalites. Imho the G36 needs sleek parts to keep its sleek appeal.

Compare the PRS on this to this. See, in the second photo, how the PRS looks like it just belongs? The lines flow naturally (no doubt one requirement of the PRS design) using both the stock and rifle's appeal together.

From a functionality standpoint, those would be interesting setups to try :P

Just my $.02

From a design standpoint, youre crossing two totally different animals. Magpul stuff (the PRS and M93B and PMAG, in your case) is utilitarian and scaled (designed) for the likes of an M4. In that sense, the Magpul stuff makes the M4 look more rugged without changing the proportions of the rifle. The G36, however, is more of a sleek (almost sci-fi) looking firearm.... The bulkiness of both stocks (and their size compared to the G36) just doesnt mix.

It's kinda like putting a Porsche's whale-tail wing on a Lamborghini Murcielago... Functionally, both are great assets; visually, they just dont make a pleasing mix. I think G36 stocks are best suited for the G36. Same goes for Armalites. Imho the G36 needs sleek parts to keep its sleek appeal.

Compare the PRS on this to this. See, in the second photo, how the PRS looks like it just belongs? The lines flow naturally (no doubt one requirement of the PRS design) using both the stock and rifle's appeal together.

From a functionality standpoint, those would be interesting setups to try :P

Just my $.02

Well put, I somewhat agree. At first I didn't particularly like these model either, but they grew on me. The way I see it, it's kind of like when a good friend of yours get glasses or braces put on. It takes getting used to at first, because you're used to seeing them a certain way.

Heckler Und Koch for the win, honestly why do people butcher g36's a spas 12 stock would look better, I think in the case with most guns and the g36 especially is less is more, sure you could the weird looking ris rail foregrippy thing and 4 m203's but it wouldn't look right jsut liek those g36's, sure they are unique, but unique in a bad way, in a way that makes ghandi cry for blood.

Well put, I somewhat agree. At first I didn't particularly like these model either, but they grew on me. The way I see it, it's kind of like when a good friend of yours get glasses or braces put on. It takes getting used to at first, because you're used to seeing them a certain way.

Hmm. Braces and glasses seem to be more astetic than stocks... I believe that replacing a G36 stock with that of an Armalite is more like changing the legs of your friend with those of a horse. That might be a bit harder to get used to!

Using a armalite stock instead of a G36 one means your loosing your ability to fold and your gaining one of (the thousands of) armalite faults by having that huge buffer (?) tube in the way.

As for the magazines the Germans decided to use the ones they do because they didnt want to use the ###### STANAG ones. They made theirs to be lighter, more reliable, readily available to clamp together and use see through plastic to see how many rounds are left. These advantages are also incorporated into most airsoft mags too. Personally i prefer the mag release mech over the armasuck style one too :)

IMO the more M4 stuff you use, the more you're shooting yourself in the foot ;)