G36 Picture Thread

Gah! I cant decide!

I already own a g36c, I want to get another and make it either a KE or an E, but i cant decide!

Full length barrel or K length?

and then, once that dilema is sorted, Solid stock or no?

sigh..

Do people find the full length barrel long and cumbersome? or is it okay?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just run a G36C with interchangeable front sets, inner barrel stays C-length; I don't see any need to change the inner barrel length it seems to have good range as it is (and fellow skirmishers have commented as such mid game too!) Planning to upgrade it to a tight-bore to get a bit more accuracy but apart from that its fine. This way you can fill any role you like in a matter of minutes provided you have the parts to swap over.

I just run a G36C with interchangeable front sets, inner barrel stays C-length; I don't see any need to change the inner barrel length it seems to have good range as it is (and fellow skirmishers have commented as such mid game too!) Planning to upgrade it to a tight-bore to get a bit more accuracy but apart from that its fine. This way you can fill any role you like in a matter of minutes provided you have the parts to swap over.

QFT.

Yeah, that does sound like a good idea, and then the money i would have spent on the new gun could go to moar parts. The inner barrel thing was worrying me but i guess once i have the bits if I see a need for a longer inner barrel i can get it.

cheers

glad I could help :).

Also, I would recommend getting the Laylax foregrip pin to replace the one that comes stock, if you're changing front sets regularly you will probably lose the default pin (as I did), but the Laylax one has a special mechanism on it which means the pin is simply not going anywhere unless you want it to.

cool, yeah thanks for the heads up, the shop I'm going to order from has those in stock, and my pin is getting a little loose too.

ill make the order tomorrow, will post pics up next week.

Also, I like the look of the K front with the sl9 rail.

In the mean time here is my current g36c

g36crn8.jpg

g36c2si1.jpg

Edited by WhutJP

Absolutely. I dunno if you have the parts, but an SL8 top rail with an EOtech 553 and some folding BUIS might be real slick. Top it off with a KAC or Tango Down (or clone) vertical fore grip :P A black flash suppressor would go a long ways as well. I'd sure like to see how that combo works out if possible.

My main question is whether TM and CA bodies are interchangeable.

from what other people have said in the past; yes they are.

I don't own a CA though, but I have heard them described as "high quality TM clones." (not my words)

Edited by p.briden
Easy. Squeeze a little metal strip, pull the sling pin out, and the bipod comes off.

sounds easy enough!!! knowing me ill screw it up. anyway once the bipods removed whats left under the front? what lumps of plastic? is there any chance anyone could post a pic or two?

cheers

millest

dscf2081lb7.th.jpgthpix.gif

There's a pic. You can see that strip of metal, it's in the raised square by the sling pin at the top of the foregrip. You push DOWN on the raised part, then the pin slides out freely.

Also, here's a pic of my modified Iron sight. Made with a LEGO rod.

dscf2082kw6.th.jpgthpix.gif

Cheers,

Ollie

Edited by ollie_ty

Star G36.

g36_1.jpg

g36_2.jpg

g36_3.jpg

For the photos it has an M4/M16 magwell conversion but I've also got the regular magwell, which I'll probably use more. It's nice to know though, that I can use M4/M16 mags when operating with my team, who primarily uses M4 variants.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Quick G36 noob question:

I have a broken G36C (brothers). The selector and GB are fubar'd completely. If I bought a used TM G36, could I just drop the internals in? Or a new TM compatible GB?

My main question is whether TM and CA bodies are interchangeable.

What is your G36C? If it was a JG or CA, then yes. they're interchangable. I have both TM and CA bodies on my JG G36K.