• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Joe.

Normally the rail looks like this.

kwa_k36c_jpg.jpg

(from airsoftatlanta)

I cut away some of the area underneath the rail, as you can see. The previous owner added a bit of rail to where the G36C rear sight usually is, making the whole thing a continuous rail.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

capaciouszepher how does the longer outer barrel attach under the long front end? i want that longer look barrel for my 36e when i order the jg one but their barrels somehow seem shorter then that. is it a different part youve bought or the standaard barrel?

cheers

millest

capaciouszepher how does the longer outer barrel attach under the long front end? i want that longer look barrel for my 36e when i order the jg one but their barrels somehow seem shorter then that. is it a different part youve bought or the standaard barrel?

cheers

millest

I think they seem shorter because he doesn't have the bayonet lug on the barrel.

Yeah, I think the E has the same barrel length. I have removed the bayonet lug on mine, which as Ollie said, may make the barrel look longer.

The mag was made by cutting a section out of the middle of the BB feeding portion of the mag and reattaching the top and bottom together. Then I cut down the shell of the mag, re-grooved the bottom for the base plate and cut down the fake rounds to fit.

Once you get into it, it's pretty self explanatory.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Yeah, I considered the short SL9/8 mags, but I like this one better as it's a little bit longer and has the fake rounds.

As far as quality, the STAR is ok. If I were buying new I'd probably go for a classic army over it, but the STAR has some nice features. Externally it has full trades, which is nice, and the externals are of good quality except for the connection between the outer barrel and gas block. My outer barrel snapped at this point, when the pervious owner had it. So I JB welded it back together and it seems really solid now (and you can't the joint when the handguard is on). It also has a quick change spring feature on the gear box which is nice. Hopup seems a little less than satisfactory, I'll be upgrading to a Guarder 50% clear rubber soon. The wiring harness is pretty shoddy, and is a very tight fit against the body causing wear on the wires from the body and from the mags (which rub against the wiring through the magwell). I had to replace the whole wiring harness and I've still got to mess with it. STAR also solders all of the connections (to the trigger switch, motor contacts etc.) which is a bit senseless in my mind, and makes upgrading or removing the motor a pain.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Done a bit of customising with my G36 last night

i got a K forend grip so its longer at the front but i had no inner barrel extention

so i cut out the front so the silencer slides in about 3 inchs in then screws on leaving about 8-9 inches out the front, then i gorrila glued the silencer on because the threads were on the way out it could be a tad neater but i had no access to my tools last night and had to use a stanly knife to carve it out

DSCF2573.jpg

DSCF2574.jpg

DSCF2575.jpg