G36 Picture Thread

Got my new Aimpoint Micro replicas from RSOV today, celebrated with pics. First pic is the space in the storage room my wife graciously allows me to have for my beloved HKs.

gunroom.jpg

And some close-ups - first is the micro on an SRC railed Carry handle on a CA8

ca8s_in_room.jpg

And here's a sort-of closeup of my CA carry handle homemade mod with micro aimpoint:

g36s_in_room.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have the G&P G36 long front-end upgrade set or something similar to it? I'm looking into purchasing and was wondering how the longer barrel attaches to the barrel already in place. Any help would be appreciated.

It just screws on to the same thread the flash hider goes on.

Alright, which pin are you talking about? The sling pin, or that cone shaped pin behind the plate?

It's the pin behind the plate located towards the front and on the underside of the foregrip. You push in the little metal plate and pull the pin out. You then put the bipod into the notch and re-insert the pin.

So my Echo1 G36C has begun to not feed BBs properly. At first I thought it was the hop-up design, since the magazine well's little semi-circular nub at the top of the feed tube shows considerable wear. BBs were appearing inside the receiver, but were not chambering at all.

I swapped in a one-piece SRC metal hop-up, which fit just fine into the Echo1 body. After cutting off the feed tube from the magwell in order to make the new hop up worked, I found out the BBs are no longer rattling loosely in the receiver anymore, but they are still having a hard time feeding. The feed nozzle just doesn't give enough space or time to let a BB enter the chamber. Sometimes the weapon will feed on full-auto for several rounds, but it never feeds on semi-auto.

The SRC hopup helped considerably, but did not completely fix the issue. I have a 70 percent feed success rate on full auto, and about 30 percent with semi, compared to zero to 10 percent with either with the original hop-up.

The gearbox has never been opened up.

Does anyone know how to fix this and could tell me? Thanks.

SIDENOTE: The SRC one-piece hop-up is an excellent upgrade idea. The original TM design using two plastic pieces is flawed.

Courtesy of Galactica, my G36 has some new bits.

dscf2153ra1.th.jpg

dscf2154lu2.th.jpg

EDIT : Also, I have now officially spent more money extra parts than the gun was initially bought for.

What's annoying is, JG came out with this exact version (Minus the vert grip and Sniper KV stock) very recently. But meh, This is a Version 1 JG G36C, still running strong.

Edited by ollie_ty

hi

i'm running a TM G36c and a CA G36k

i've been thinking of changing the flash hider on the C for something that looks better - i think the C flash hider looks pants. I've been thinking of putting a 'birdcage' type on there or even the flash hider from a fulllength G36.

What do you think - does anyone have any useful photos

thanks

I recently put a birdcage on my G36C/K and it certainly does look the business (also good for using M4 QD Suppressors), no photos yet but I'll get some up shortly. Also worth considering are some of the G36-oriented flash-hiders Madbull makes which look very nice IMO.

I recently put a birdcage on my G36C/K and it certainly does look the business (also good for using M4 QD Suppressors), no photos yet but I'll get some up shortly. Also worth considering are some of the G36-oriented flash-hiders Madbull makes which look very nice IMO.

would be good if you could get some photos up...

i'm gonna look up the madbull flash-hiders as well...

My g36k project is rolling. It is an Echo1 36k with a modified sight rail, Star outer barrel and flash hider, Socom Gear STANAG magwell adapter, and a M4 length Black Python tightbore, and a CA VFG. It still needs a re-work of the internals, a China Aimpoint M4 sight, and some MAG HK marked mid-caps.

302bct3.jpg

I really dislike every brand of magwell adapter. Would it have killed them to get rid of all that wobble? But I dislike trying to carry enough G36 mags on me more.