G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for double post.

What looks best on g36c, aimpoint or acog?

And does http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&...product_id=3227 fit g36?

Cheers

That suppressor should fit fine provide it's the same threading as that of the G36 barrel. As for sights that's mostly a matter of opinion, though I think ACOG optics look goofy on G36s for the most part.

Newest G36KSK to my armory. Keeping this one, unlike every other G36 I have :P, and is my new primary.

Though I can tolerate the stock and mag adapter (I am a G36 purist), have you considered getting a an actual KAC RAS replica for a handguard? That one just never sits well with me.

I like the ACOG on the modded C rail though.

Though I can tolerate the stock and mag adapter (I am a G36 purist), have you considered getting a an actual KAC RAS replica for a handguard? That one just never sits well with me.

If I have the funds in the future, yes. Right now it's a G&G one, so it's not a very good replica of the real one, but it works for me :P

Nice, is the carry handle a modified C one or is it retail? If its retail, care to share? If its modified, nice job!

Oh, also, what happened to the selector switch markings?

its a modified star rail , the markings are not there as it has been sprayed OD, looking to get some color pictures up but i've had little good natural light of late

2391905083_acb6e61706_o.jpg

Well, apparently I am the question ###### today, but here goes another carry handle question:

First off, that is a great looking G36kA1 there dude, good job :).

Same question as I had for Puding though, is your kA1 carry handle a modified C? Both of yours and Puding's look great (I screwed up my hack job on a C handle and couldn't get the curve at the back end correct :(), and I was wondering if yours was hand-done as well, or a bought kA1 handle. The reason I ask is because, whether its photo angle or lighting, yours looks like it has the extra 1/4th inch clearing the real steel handle has.

Also, whats the front strip around the handguard for? IR Signature? And did you actually get an IR band or is it just something velcro-able?

OK I will stop being annoying, just a couple of things from recent pics caught my interest.

And thanks for the response Pudin, I would look forward to color pics, it looks great!

Well, apparently I am the question ###### today, but here goes another carry handle question:

First off, that is a great looking G36kA1 there dude, good job :).

Same question as I had for Puding though, is your kA1 carry handle a modified C? Both of yours and Puding's look great (I screwed up my hack job on a C handle and couldn't get the curve at the back end correct :(), and I was wondering if yours was hand-done as well, or a bought kA1 handle. The reason I ask is because, whether its photo angle or lighting, yours looks like it has the extra 1/4th inch clearing the real steel handle has.

No, that one looks like a modified C-rail.

The "KSK" rail has a small bend in the front while the "C" one has a continious slant in the front.

Also, the small metal parts that hold the screws reach up very close to the the height of the clearance, on a KSK rail you would see the extra height as a gap between that metal parts and the upper side of the clearance - if you get what I mean. ;)

Also, whats the front strip around the handguard for? IR Signature? And did you actually get an IR band or is it just something velcro-able?

I have a rubber boot-band in the same spot on my rifle, I use it to put the muzzle cap there when it's not on the rifle.

Apart from that, I can't think of a reason for a band there.

No, that one looks like a modified C-rail.

The "KSK" rail has a small bend in the front while the "C" one has a continious slant in the front.

Also, the small metal parts that hold the screws reach up very close to the the height of the clearance, on a KSK rail you would see the extra height as a gap between that metal parts and the upper side of the clearance - if you get what I mean. ;)

Yeah, it just seems that my hack job seems to have much less clearance, and I am always on the lookout for a kA1 carry handle replica, hence the excitement everytime. SRC is making a "KSK" handle, but its just a hacked C one as normal, not with the extra clearance above the receiver.

I have a rubber boot-band in the same spot on my rifle, I use it to put the muzzle cap there when it's not on the rifle.

Apart from that, I can't think of a reason for a band there.

I just see it in a lot of real steel pics of it, and was wondering what exactly its for.

quickest one I could find:

jpeg-28wz2904-20070930-img_15801814.onlineBild.jpg

And of course, thanks again Nickless for the info :).

Altered Soul, please stop quoting pictures. If you continue, I will report your posts.

I recently became the owner of the M4 mag well for my G36C... Have yet to test it out (after like 2-3 months of owning it...). Hopefully it will work flawlessly!

Edited by SgtBojangles

web2wm1.jpg

the full length barrel kit arrived yesterday - wee...

all i need now is a c mag and then one day the dual optic carry handle and my g36 project will be complete. (i already have the single optic carry handle)

all i need now is a c mag and then one day the dual optic carry handle and my g36 project will be complete. (i already have the single optic carry handle)

The dual optic (by STAR) is very crappy. I recommend either somehow picking up an SRC A2 handle (single optics bridge with railed top), or to just grab a hand guard short rail and do it yourself. The STAR handle with optic and rail isn't as useful though, as the rail is recessed more than an SRC or custom job. Therefore, some longer attachments might not work as well (like an EOtech or similar).

Edited by Altered_Soul