G36 Picture Thread

Would anybody be interested in getting a custom run of ksk handle replicas made? I've got the dimensions and I'm pretty sure its something that wouldn't be to hard to machine - especially at a professional level. It would be pretty expensive if you did it individually but if there was a group the costs could be cut.

I would be too even if it costs the same as the real steel. The real one is very hard to get, and it does not fit exactly the AEG (real handles are slightly shorter than replicas).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stars are nearly right IIRC, I think the font used is slightly different though. The armycode bodys have accurate trades as far as im aware and are really nice quality. The ca body is nice but the trades are classic army ones

Id well be up for a limited run of KSK handles :)

Anyone? :)

STAR is the only other one I know of except for after-market body kits like Army Code.

EDIT: someone answered while I was typing this - oh well.

Edited by n00bTard
Yep should do. All AEG g36s are cross compatable as far as im aware :)

Thanks. My finger's hovering over the Buy Now button but I just can't decide on CA or TM.

TM from what I've read = real trades but poor finish / ABS body.

CA = No trades but Glass Fibre. I can't win!

Gut feeling tells me CA but can I be arsed with doing the upgrade with the Army Code receiver?... even if I can find one in the UK. :(

Thanks. My finger's hovering over the Buy Now button but I just can't decide on CA or TM.

TM from what I've read = real trades but poor finish / ABS body.

CA = No trades but Glass Fibre. I can't win!

Gut feeling tells me CA but can I be arsed with doing the upgrade with the Army Code receiver?... even if I can find one in the UK. :(

I have a TM G36c that i have had for like 4-5 years and beat the ever loving tar out of and the body hasn't had any structural problems at all. not to mention the stock gearbox ATE a Systema M120 spring spitting out something equivalent to a m70 spring lol.

the TM g36 is by far one of the toughest sonbitch AEGs I have seen in my ten years.

on the other hand i have seen 2 or so CAs that the stock got cracked just from shipment.

My CA36C has without a doubt been a worse performer than my TM. I also broke my stock and handguard on my former CA36K. Now that I'm making the CA36C my primary weapon, I just changed most of the internals over, especially the superior TM hop unit that made the gun shoot straight and long. The TM has seen about 60 000 shots stock and several thousand just by changing the spring to an M100.

New set up for my G36.

G36005.jpg

Gonna replace the Bushnell with an ACM 552 as the BUshnell brilliant as it is doesn't have a roll cage, hence the damage at the top. Not sure what battery i'm gonna use either, eithe a stick in the forend or a PEQ15.

Hmm, what do you guys think of JG g36's? I'm wanting the full length g36 so that rules out TM, and CA seems to sound not spectacular from the posts on here. Heres what I was thinking of picking up: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4623

BTW nice looking g36 bigal :)

Its made by star, I got mine from UNCo. It also has no sights so the rail runs the full length.

Would anybody be interested in getting a custom run of ksk handle replicas made? I've got the dimensions and I'm pretty sure its something that wouldn't be to hard to machine - especially at a professional level. It would be pretty expensive if you did it individually but if there was a group the costs could be cut.

What if we (or you since you have the dimensions :P ) contacted Paul from ebaybanned, he sells a lot of cnced rail systems for relatively cheap and his website said that he knew the cnc-ist (or something like that). Maybe if we convinced him that a bunch of us G36 owners would go crazy for them he might look into it.

What if we (or you since you have the dimensions :P ) contacted Paul from ebaybanned, he sells a lot of cnced rail systems for relatively cheap and his website said that he knew the cnc-ist (or something like that). Maybe if we convinced him that a bunch of us G36 owners would go crazy for them he might look into it.

Good idea - I've got a picture that I made up when I was looking at having one built, its on my webspace but due to late bills I can't access it just yet.

Ideally if we are to get the best replica we could pitch into buy a real one and send it over, however if they are that hard to get and don't fit properly, that might not be possible. What I imagine is better to do is to get as much measurements as we can, and maybe if someone if someone is skilled with CAD we might be able to get a 3d model that could assist with;

1) Working out the dimensions that we don't know, and angles of stuff

and

2) If we get it done through a workshop that uses a cnc the cad model may assist them.

I have a freind doing a design course so its possible that he could get a cad model done, but I dunno yet.

Anyway, this is kinda off topic, I may make a new thread or just pm me.

Cheers.

Shiny plastic. Not good.

...said the guy that opted for TM over CA :P

Ignore the doomsayers here, I have a CA that has taken all the abuse I've been able to throw at it, it still performs great, even looks the part still,  - which is ALOT more than I can say for even a stock TM. Was going to replace my CAs stock with a C-length one and ended up getting a TM due to accessibility... Got MAJORLY dissapointed, basicly, the stock has gone in the parts-bin and will never be used again, nor will I sell it to anyone else either, due to it being utterly *suitcase* :)

If you want to feel quality, get a CA. If you're a ###### for trades (much like myself), get the Army Code bodykit for it...

/EDIT: oh, yeah. if those KSK rails turn out decent, put me down for one :)

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor

Well, to be honest I haven't gotten around to grabbing the Army Code kit for it mysef either, the CA trades are... let's say they're not intrusive, so it hasn't really bothered me, and I've gotten a chance to prioritize other purchases. I still feel the rifle is the dog's danglies, even without correct trades. They will be there one day though...after I've bought a £20k car and blown about £5k more on this bloody hobby :P

I would easily be down for a KA1 handle (the KSK handle as it is sometimes referred to). It has to be correct through, full rail on top, 1/4th of an inch higher clearance, etc. Doc Rak used to make some nice ones for RS, but good luck getting one of those nowadays. The new SRC one is just a modified C rail, no extra clearance like the real deal.

I have a TM G36c that i have had for like 4-5 years and beat the ever loving tar out of and the body hasn't had any structural problems at all.

ill vouch for this, my old TM G36 took untold abuse (smacked into doors walls, bodged mag swaps etc) and kept going strong