G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a pic of a real steel G36K receiver (with markings/trades)?

Here you go. It's a C not a K, but the Markings are identical except this one Letter:

http://www.gun-world.net/german/hk/g36/atr04.jpg

On the newer ones (produced after 2002/2003 or so) the "Warning" and manufacturer markings are moved to the right side of the receiver. The top left G36C is a newer one, the lower right G36K an older. Notice markings underneath ejection port and above trigger on the upper left one.

http://www.gun-world.net/german/hk/g36/ss05_04.jpg

Left side looks this way now:

http://www.gun-world.net/german/hk/g36/milipol2005_24.jpg

Military markings like on the German or Spanish Army G36 differ from these again.

I just wish someone would release a G36A2 handguard and the aluminium G36KA1 rail (the "KSK rail").

I tried getting a real A2 handguard, but when I received it it was a normal G36 handguard, without the attachment points for rails, and I don't feel like taking my chances to buy another one...

Also, real KA1 rails are expensive :(

@ Altered Soul:

There are real rails that look like the SRC one, being the same hight as a C rail bot otherwise looking like a KA1 rail.

I've seen promo-pics of a G36V with a rail like that, and also pics of the G36KV3 that Norway considered buying before the 416 was chosen (afaik the KJK, Kystjegerkommandoen, G36K's are normal KA1's, not 100% sure though).

I just wish someone would release a G36A2 handguard and the aluminium G36KA1 rail (the "KSK rail").

I tried getting a real A2 handguard, but when I received it it was a normal G36 handguard, without the attachment points for rails, and I don't feel like taking my chances to buy another one...

You are welcome (at least when they come back in stock...):

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ea-g36-handguar...-marui-aeg.html

@ Altered Soul:

There are real rails that look like the SRC one, being the same hight as a C rail bot otherwise looking like a KA1 rail.

I've seen promo-pics of a G36V with a rail like that, and also pics of the G36KV3 that Norway considered buying before the 416 was chosen (afaik the KJK, Kystjegerkommandoen, G36K's are normal KA1's, not 100% sure though).

Yeah, but I barely see them and they just aren't as ergonomic as the KA1s. I just wish a true replica would be made, so I don't have to bust my balls and bank trying to get a real one (that might not fit proper). I had a shot at a Doc Rak rail, but failed to complete the deal :(. I am sure one will come eventually.

And yeah, here's a Norwegian (sp?) G36 I believe, with the "KA1" carry handle/rail:

G36A2_norwegen.jpg

Edited by Altered_Soul
And yeah, here's a Norwegian (sp?) G36 I believe, with the "KA1" carry handle/rail:

G36A2_norwegen.jpg

If the KA1 and the KSK rail are the same, this is not a KA1. The KSK is longer than the G36C and the optics carry handle, reaching the rear end of the receiver, while the one seems to have the same length that the G36C one. Also, the KSK is higher than the G36C rail, and although I can´t be sure because of the pic angle, this seems to be higher than the G36C but lower that the KSK (I´m not sure if I explain clearly enough. I´m sorry but guess that my English is not the best).

By the way, could someone give a link to the SRC rail you are talking about?. I did some search but couldn´t find anything.

Sorry for quoting the pic, could someone remove it or tell me how can I do it myself? (so I don´t do it again).

Edited by spaniard

remove the

[img][/img]

tags around the photo-link when you are making the post and it will only show as a link.

/EDIT: and I do believe that that is the actual KSK rail, possibly from an early production run.

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor

It is the "KSK"-rail (officially called "sight bridge aluminium middle-high") too, but an earlier version. It's the same height, but he's right about the length, it is shorter than the current produced ones. They made the current one longer to stretch the sight line a bit, for better accuracy with the flip-up iron sights often used on them.

There have been several versions of the "KSK" rail, actually so many different that it's pretty hard to list them all. Not sure if even H&K knows all variants of that rail :D

hi folks another strange one from me :D

im thinking of getting a g36k front end, only the hand grip part, for my g36c and i know the barrel will be no where near the end but what im thinking of doing is getting one of the sound hogs (and a silencer too) to try and create a bit of an intimidating cqb beast that sounds like its about to chew you up.

the thing is i know i have to modify the handgrip as the picture below by cutting a gap for the silence etc to stick through but i was wondering if anyone had done anything similar or had pics.

heres the pic:

g36idea.jpg

the silencer in red is meant to reflect it been inside the barrel and on to the 36c length barrel, the same set up would apply for the soundhog

cheers

millest

@ Spainard:

Yep sorry, was responding to the KV rail comment by Panzergraf, should have been more clear

Here is a KA1 rail (or as TXP says, one of many probably lol):

user442_pic945_1210061103.jpg

And also, the SRC rail, off of TSDs site (look at Coming Soon! SDGE0637):

http://www.airsoftsd.com/images/flyers/SRC%20G36%20Flyer.JPG

And to keep with the proper spirit of the thread, the most bizzare configuration of my primary G36 I have ever done. The self-dubbed G36CV-SD:

41720060154hm.jpg

41720060125xt.jpg

Edited by Altered_Soul
What caused the mis-match in colour? :unsure:

Couple things, first is that camera flash makes it look more separated than real light.

Second, The stock is not exactly the same finish as the TM body, which is not the same as the CA carry handle I had on it lol.

Thirdly, I don't know why, but I took those pictures after a cleaning and polish. So it looks WAY too shiny due to flash. I haven't done anything since, other than change out parts ;).

Same gun, big difference, almost three years later:

G36sandIdZ007.jpg

hi folks another strange one from me :D

the thing is i know i have to modify the handgrip as the picture below by cutting a gap for the silence etc to stick through but i was wondering if anyone had done anything similar or had pics.

cheers

millest

I did just that on my G36. Although i used only a silencer and not an amplifier. The silencer on there is about 150 mm to give you some perspective. Heres some pics that were posted a while back.

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01421.jpg

All you really have to do is dremel out the side of the front of the hand guard to get the clearance... If that makes sense :unsure:

Iv had my G36 this way for 3 years now and i love it, i wouldn't swap out that style for anything else.

P.S. i hope this helps out. :)

Edited by Ceriph

But aaah, look at what I just stumbled across:

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=7905

Does anyone know what kind of material these AG-foregrips are made of?

Is it like cheap-ish ABS like on the JG/TM G36 series, or is it more like the glassfiber polymer or nylon used on the CA and STAR?

Kinda hard to judge from just that pic.

I just ordered a CA G36, can't wait 'till I get it in the post! I'll put up pictures as soon as I can.

On a side note anyone know what the finish looks like on this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3965 ? I'm looking to put it on my CA but don't want to much of a texture/colour clash. Other then that it looks like you need to shell out $100~ to get a STAR handguard w/ Bipod to have a bipod on a CA :(

cheers

I just ordered a CA G36, can't wait 'till I get it in the post! I'll put up pictures as soon as I can.

On a side note anyone know what the finish looks like on this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3965 ? I'm looking to put it on my CA but don't want to much of a texture/colour clash. Other then that it looks like you need to shell out $100~ to get a STAR handguard w/ Bipod to have a bipod on a CA :(

cheers

It is pretty much a perfect match to the CA's color and texture.