G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Badger has a five pack of STAR 140 rounders and really is not impressed with them. They don't feed particularly well in any of his six g36s (4 JG and 2 CA). He cleans them out before every game but when in the field just gives up and uses highcaps.

Is there a particular midcap you recommend then? I'm reading a fair number of reviews saying that they are good to go, no feed issues at all in TM's or CA's and lock in firmly in SRC. I dont really want to dump 65$ on a box of 5 of them from Kastway if they are going to suck!!!

I'm open for suggestions, honestly.

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

I've had a few MAG midcaps; though costly, they feed very well. Some people like NeoVenom use standards exclusively, thought that could be costly as well.

I've heard SRC's G36's were pretty good, at least the newer gens. I myself have never used one as I've either owned CA's or JG's - JG ones (my current one) has had some finicky selector issues, but is a great starting gun. My CA's trigger contacts melted after a while, which is sort of the reason I sold it - however I do like the CA's externals, they're not as glossy as the JG's.

I personally love the look of the K - it's not as long as the E (more maneuverability) and the inner is the same length as an M4's, so you may be comfortable with that. Rails are also upgradeable on the handguard if you wish. SRC's carry handles (provided you get one) also have a rail on top now, so you can attach your own RDS for a dual optic setup.

Why aren't you looking into TM's? They're stock FPS is around 280 on .2's, and their parts are just top notch - I'd personally get one if I had the money.

I've had a few MAG midcaps; though costly, they feed very well. Some people like NeoVenom use standards exclusively, thought that could be costly as well.

I've heard SRC's G36's were pretty good, at least the newer gens. I myself have never used one as I've either owned CA's or JG's - JG ones (my current one) has had some finicky selector issues, but is a great starting gun. My CA's trigger contacts melted after a while, which is sort of the reason I sold it - however I do like the CA's externals, they're not as glossy as the JG's.

I personally love the look of the K - it's not as long as the E (more maneuverability) and the inner is the same length as an M4's, so you may be comfortable with that. Rails are also upgradeable on the handguard if you wish. SRC's carry handles (provided you get one) also have a rail on top now, so you can attach your own RDS for a dual optic setup.

Why aren't you looking into TM's? They're stock FPS is around 280 on .2's, and their parts are just top notch - I'd personally get one if I had the money.

Thanks, I broke down and bought the SRC today. I'll keep you guys updated. I have a friend who has a CA, and I have held another CA in the store and was very pleased with the externals, although their internals are nothing short of abysmal for a base to work off of (really only thing salvagable is the gears, bushings, shell, and cylinder, everything else is in dire need of scrapping). I plan on comparing the two side by side. I did buy the STAR 140 rounders, after reading 4 more reviews saying they fed perfectly in other peep's Gen II SRC guns I figured why the heck not.

I did get the K model, I'm with ya AZN, not as long as the E model, even though I'm a religious M14 user (44.5 inches FTW! ^_^) I figured it's time to go shorter, but not too short (C model). There are also a ton of C models at the field I play at (all of them happen to be newer players with JG/ECho1's) so that was another motivating factor to not get hte C model.

I ended up purchasing a slew of upgrade parts as well. In total spent about 525$ on a new AEG, far less than I would have spent on a CA or TM and the performance will be about the same. I'm not affraid of gearbox work (I do it as a job/hobby for the local area) nor rewiring.

As to why no to the TM? Well, it's about the same in terms of what parts you can keep from it stock when you upgrade, and they cost just that much more to make them undesirable as a base gun.

What I purchased today:

SRC G36K Gen II

Madbull M110 (Was not too happy about this, but it's all ASGI had)

Madbull 363mm 6.03 Tightbore

Echo1 V3 Spring Guide (meh, guarder clone, had the V2 one and it was ok)

Systema Hop Up Rubber

Element H Nubs (Going to compare to my Big Outs)

5x140 round Star G36 Midcaps

1500mAh 7.4v Lipo (25C continuous, 40C burst, 37 Amps should be enough, same size as a mini 8.4v)

SW-Evolution MOSFET

ProjectWolfDragon Lipo Board

Already have a pair of Deans Connectors waiting for the gun when it gets here =)

Now begins the uneasy waiting.... SIGH! Is it Friday yet? :rolleyes:

I've heard they can be a pain to put the batteries in so I'll be interested to see how you get on.

Yeah, I'm willing to do mods necessary to fit the LiPo in there, if it even needs modifying. I will keep you up to date, it will probably be friday at the earliest that I get the gun and parts. The MOSFET stuff and the battery will be here before the weekend, the gun probably not, depends on when ASGI ships out the gun. It is UPS ground afterall.......... At least it's not DHFail I mean DHL.

Yes, unless you get a KV stock, you're heavily limited to a nunchuck or CQB-R battery in the foregrip. I wasn't even able to fit a mini lipo in the front :(

Then I guess I'll be modifying the foregrip a little bit to get it in there =) I'm prepared to make it work!

Do you own a SRC G36K AZN?

I never used a 7.4v LiPo but if this is the true dimensions, I do not see as to why it shouldn't fit since my mini 9.6v is a little larger. Once I get funds flowing in again, I am definitely am going to get my hands on LiPo.

As for the Star mags, I had no problems with them. I will note that it does take a little to break them in as the spring is a little too stiff at first. Note that once in a while the magazines jams, but like lots of other midcaps a simple smack would do.

I think the best thing about getting the SRC version is that you get a metal charging handle. It seems like 50% of people who own a G36 end up breaking their plastic ones. I would also like to note that the element H-Hops are excellent and I don't think you will be disappointed with that as well.

I think I got the only working CA model in existence after 3 years of plenty of use and zero problems.

Heh no I don't, but I've had my share of G36's:

CA G36E

JG G36C

(current) JG-based MG36

The first CA came with a nice KV stock for a nice low price - I've been using 9.6v nunchucks on my MG36 with some good result, but now that I've killed them all with my craptastic charger I can't use my MG36 at all. Modding the handguard might be an option, but there's so little plastic on the handguard it might not work. You can't mod the gas block since that's holding the barrel. This concerns my 11.1v lipo, but you should be able to fit a 7.4v lipo in the space - not too sure.

Heh no I don't, but I've had my share of G36's:

CA G36E

JG G36C

(current) JG-based MG36

The first CA came with a nice KV stock for a nice low price - I've been using 9.6v nunchucks on my MG36 with some good result, but now that I've killed them all with my craptastic charger I can't use my MG36 at all. Modding the handguard might be an option, but there's so little plastic on the handguard it might not work. You can't mod the gas block since that's holding the barrel. This concerns my 11.1v lipo, but you should be able to fit a 7.4v lipo in the space - not too sure.

This LiPo is the size of a mini, surely a mini fits in the handguard of a K/E if it fits in a C.

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=11802.40

Is the LiPo I bought.

From what I've heard the SRC's have a smaller battery space than a standard G36, which is why I went with the Lipo. I'm hoping I can mod the foregrip to work if it doesnt already fit in with ease.

It's all speculation untill all the stuff gets here so yeah =\

:D

Well I got me 10 STAR midcaps as well. why? Simply because the overwhelming of spraying in the summer is too much to handle with only Lowcaps.

don't worry, I still have about 18lowcaps. ;)

The midcaps don't feed as well as the lowcaps, but they feed good enough.

And when it comes to G36, why is STAR/ARES always being ignored?

I've 3TM's (still have 2), 1JG, 1CA(which was rubbish, got rid of it) and 1 star, which was good but sold it and got me a star SL9. Nice thing about the star is, the GB is very reinforced and the spring is easy to change.

If you ask me, the best value for money so far is TM or STAR/ARES, Certainly wouldn't touch an SRC Gen I.

Gen III is very good so I have heard, problem is where to find it? If I could get my hands on one I would test the shizzles out of it. :D

Also still searching for the gen III XM8.

Just wanted to pipe in and say that my STAR 140 middies from the 5-pack boxset (I have ten total), have worked flawlessly for me in my TM G36. On a really weird note, if you buy a STAR single G36 middie, they suck. I have no idea why. But the 5-pack middies are great, and the single ones suck. I am still confused to this day, but in my TM the 5-packers are solid.

I would like to add for reference that the STAR mags' bb release lever is useless. For some reason they decided to make it flush with the mag making it a pain to empty mags without a tool.

Though I think the mags feed flawlessly, that IS something that irritates me as well. I typically carry a utility knife with me and that works, but its a PITA if you want to do it in the field that's for damn sure. On the flip side, you won't be accidentally releasing your BBs...

This is not totally complete as I need to mod a few things on the CA RIS kit and gas block assembly so that it uses a push pin versus that stupid screw set that I can see myself losing when I need to do a battery change in a game. May also repaint the grip/trigger group as it's way too shiny black.

3305264603_c0a88a29ae_b.jpg