G36 Picture Thread

It's a CA 7mm gearbox with all aftermarket internals

TM Lower

Army Code G36 body

CA RIS set with new outter barrel and gas block assembly

RS Eotech 512

The most important part it's the aluminum carry handle which I got from someone who was doing a realsteel SL8-to-G36 conversion project and opted for the dual-optic.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most important part it's the aluminum carry handle which I got from someone who was doing a realsteel SL8-to-G36 conversion project and opted for the dual-optic.

Jealous!

Somebody has to make a replica, the real things are impossible to get now since Doc Rak has stopped making real steel ones.

As for G&P 130 middies, I love those too. I run only the Star-5pack middies and G&P 130 middies through my TM.

I can vouch for KA sucking.

Edited by Altered_Soul
Jealous!

Somebody has to make a replica, the real things are impossible to get now since Doc Rak has stopped making real steel ones.

As for G&P 130 middies, I love those too. I run only the Star-5pack middies and G&P 130 middies through my TM.

I can vouch for KA sucking.

You find this rail avaialble on gunbroker.net from time to time and I got mine for $90. Luckily for me, there happened to be 3 avaialble at the time and all three came off a SL8. Wonder if you could get the actual SL8 part from a dealer and how much that would actually cost.

The Doc Rak one is a lil shorter than the "KSK" one as it seems to be more based off a fully-flat "C" rail sans the sights.

Can someone confirm this. I've been trying to find a CA G36K hand guard ONLY, can't seem to find a store that sells JUST the hand guard. Am I SOL? or is my only hope another owner not needing it?

thanks

Why buy it from a store when u can get it from me? :)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...0&p=2002314

They actually did get it right.

It's, as far as I can tell, a 100% correct replica of the G36KV3:

http://www.gun-world.net/german/hk/g36/G36KV.htm

16" barrel, Low rail with flipupsights (NOT the G36KA1 rail, aka KSK rail), foregrip with top rail and a side folding adjustable stock.

So +1 to SRC for getting what they tried to do right, but -1 for not making what I wanted :(

They actually did get it right.

It's, as far as I can tell, a 100% correct replica of the G36KV3:

http://www.gun-world.net/german/hk/g36/G36KV.htm

16" barrel, Low rail with flipupsights (NOT the G36KA1 rail, aka KSK rail), foregrip with top rail and a side folding adjustable stock.

So +1 to SRC for getting what they tried to do right, but -1 for not making what I wanted :(

The G36KV3's flat top rail looks to be the same height as the "C" rail, without the ridges above the charging handle (this is a few mm shorter in terms of height than the "KSK" rail). However, if you look at the SRC G36, you'll notice the rail is about 3/4" too short (in terms of length) and does not extend all the way back to the end of the receiver.

Edited by twonuts

Good eyes, twonut. The real KV3 rail is indeed slightly longer than SRC's.

I like the SRC stock though, I think it looks better than G&P's offering. I hope they make them separately available.

And Erik is right too, Norway has at times used other variants of the G36K.

In one of the top pics on the site I linked to, Norwegian KJK operators are using what looks like a standard G36KA1, with the normal K-length barrel (not 16" like the KV3), KA1 rail and standard sidefolding non-adjustable stock.

Yes, the new G36A2 foregrip.

http://www.sl-8.de/Foregrip/foregrip.html

Long bottom rail (sexy!)

http://www.sl-8.de/Rails2/rails2.html

I ordered one of those foregrips from an american online store a while ago, but when I got it it turned out to be a normal G36 handguard without rail attachment points.

I hope a foregrip like this is produced for airsoft some day, preferably with rails included.

The real deal is expensive...

Does the real steel foregrip fit the Star or CA airsoft versions?

EDIT: Anyone want to translate those pages for me, my GCSE German isn't up to the task...

The other RS foregrip I have does fit my G36, which is CA based but has Army Code receiver and barrel.

It did need some minor modifications, but by minor I mean 1 minute with a sharp knife, not bad by the airsoft manufacturers, IMHO.

The fit wasn't perfect though, it cants slightly upward at a barely noticable angle, and you can just barely twist it as the fit with the receiver/trunion area isn't as tight as I'd like it to be.

I'll try shimming it with duct tape and report back...