G36 Picture Thread

I bought one of these from Ehobby: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/gri...-marui-aeg.html - it's a great kit. The handguard's texture is similar to my STAR handguards for G36s. In fact, I took the bipod off my STAR E-length handguard and put it on to this kit in addition to the rails. I'll take some pics soon to show it off. It includes an SL8-style two-piece outer barrel, which is steel, heavy, and needs oiled, plus rails - which unfortunately are all C-length rails. I used an extra-long bottom rail off a G&P tactical K handguard and long side rails from a leapers kit.

For the price, I'm very happy with this little kit.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, that's almost exactly what I am looking for. Pity the bottom rail is not a longer one, but as you say, a long rail from the K foregrip could be used.

Will be interested to see the pics.

Well gents, my new toy should be here sometime today... I will take pictures of the process and through out a prelim review. I dont have the battery yet so I wont go hacking into the internals quite yet, but I do have my friends mini 10.8v that I will use to guage how the motor and gearbox turns. I just hope that this purchase doesnt come back to bite me... I'm very leary of the durability of a plastic bodied gun so I hope all goes well :)

The prospect of tearing into a V3 gun doesnt appease me either, which is why I will wait on the hacking into the GB untill the battery arives (since i'll be redoing the wiring all together with MOSFETS! GASP!).

I bought one of these from Ehobby: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/gri...-marui-aeg.html - it's a great kit. The handguard's texture is similar to my STAR handguards for G36s. In fact, I took the bipod off my STAR E-length handguard and put it on to this kit in addition to the rails. I'll take some pics soon to show it off. It includes an SL8-style two-piece outer barrel, which is steel, heavy, and needs oiled, plus rails - which unfortunately are all C-length rails. I used an extra-long bottom rail off a G&P tactical K handguard and long side rails from a leapers kit.

For the price, I'm very happy with this little kit.

Please do get the pics up ASAP, I wasn't aware those kinds of foregrips were made for airsoft :)

By STAR handguards, do you mean the original aftermarket parts they made for the TM G36C, or their own G36 line made of some nylon material?

Nice setup climber, but to me that scope just doesn't look right?

looks like *suitcase*, but works like hell;) like the rest of the gun... lol...

element 300% torque gear, element 190% spring, systema 590mm 6.04barrel,

new bore up, prowin chamber, guarder clear hop up, white H-nub.

11.1 lipo 2200mah 25c batteri..

rock solid 485fps..

didn't get more than spreading 400 before i built in the prowin chamber...

incrased the fps straight up to 485, and its realy steady!!!

Here's the pictures I promised - it's the one on the far right that has the handguard - keep in mind, the rails and bipod did not come with the kit. I didn't like the c-length rails, and I took the bipod off of a STAR handguard (the one that comes with their full-size G36).

I hope this doesn't burn any eyeballs too badly - I like a scifi look to my guns... I'm not exactly "but dude, it's milsim"

group shot:

G36s_09.JPG

and a close-up

G36_scifi.JPG

IMG_1419.jpg

Teasing you all.

Ok, quick breif reviewish... Uhm, where do I begin... December of 07 I was in an airsoft store completely torn between an M16A4 and a G36. I was given basically CA as my choice, nothing else, and while I was there I was very enthused that the G36 seemed like a good Rifle. After some years of experience in disassembly of gearboxes I learned quite quickly that CA makes some of the most interesting gearboxes... There is no consistency between gearboxes in terms of shimming and motor height and quality. SO I was very leary of buying a CA G36 this time around.

After some carefull consideration I read more into SRC. Having experienced two SRC guns in the past (Both M4)'s I was very pleased with the Gen 2 stuff. Having no one around that would consider SRC/TSD G36's it was no shock that I could not compare. Where am I going here? Well from what I remember of the CA G36 compared to this, the SRC is down right impressive! I had a friend over today when the box came from UPS. I cut that thing open so fast it was rediculous! Upon pulling out the AEG from the box the first words out of my mouth where "HOLY *suitcase*" I was not expecting how solid this gun was. I remember the CA not feeling very solid at all without the battery in it. The SRC is rock solid, the texture IMO is perfect, and as to what it's made of, it IS made of nylon fiber reinforced plastics. I know because I spent some time with an exacto knife taking care of seam lines. Yup I said it, seam lines, there are a few pronounced ones that hurt my hands so I took care of them.

I do not mind working on an AEG, this gun had project gun tatooed on it from day one. Along with the order I bought a Madbull 6.03 tightbore, Madbull M110 spring, Modify bearing spring guide, Systema Hop Up Rubber, and Element H nubs. The battery has not arrived yet so I have not wired in the new electronics package yet. Initial tests with my friends 10.8v (mostly uncharged) mini battery were good, the ROF was low, but I attributed that to the fact that the Elite celled 2/3 AA battery 10.8v had no cohones. I have a 37 amp LiPo on it's way so I'm not worried about the ROF. It feeds, thats brilliant.

I tore into the gun. I'm amazed, truely, no joke. The only thing that is "######" in the gun is the spring guide, conventiently replaced. I adjusted the Angle of Engagement (it took 3-4mm's to get it close enough to my taste and still grab the inside of the piston. The piston head is attached like the TM style, which doesnt bother me at all (I prefer it actually) The compression is IMPRESSIVE. I dont lightly say that about any stock gun, but it's truely amazing. For 200$ I'd buy another SRC in a heartbeat. The motor is strong, it picks up peices of metal off the floor a few inches away from it (had to find a spring :P) I dropped in the parts and the motor doesnt skip a beat, perfect every time. This is awesome I dont regret anything yet. I have dropped in all of my upgrade parts so far except for the MOSFET stuff. Truely no regrets so far!

I highly recommend, on my 5 years of Airsoft and my some 16 odd guns I've owned, that this is by far the best bang for the buck out of any AEG I've purchased. The only thing that so far is confirmed better is my G&G M14 Veteran which in it's stock form out performs even the best AEG's. I hope this AEG serves me just as well as my M14 does!

Thats my mini review. I will entertain any questions you guys may have considering my purchase. I will be fondeling this gun untill the game this weekend :) Just need some decent weather to spray down a certain part a different color. I'm sure you guys can figure it out :)

Noobtard, I can haz more pics of center G36 in first picture? The one with the QD M16 front sight... bitte!

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

I'll take that as a compliment, seeing as to how you never like anything, by anybody, ever. I was going for a look sort of like the rifle from F.E.A.R. 2 (and obviously, from the the first F.E.A.R too with my one CA8-2), but didn't want to spend a bunch of money on it. It feels really good though, so I'm happy with it and will probably leave it configured this way for a while.

Also, I want to second the thoughts by URPeaceKeeper above. I was really impressed with my Gen II SRC G36. After owning 5 CAs and 1 STAR, the SRC was a very pleasant surprise for the price, with lots of nice little touches, like a metal cocking handle/bolt, the A2 style mag release, a fairly usable scope, the top rail on the handle - very nice value for the money.

Edited by n00bTard
I'll take that as a compliment, seeing as to how you never like anything, by anybody, ever. I was going for a look sort of like the rifle from F.E.A.R. 2 (and obviously, from the the first F.E.A.R too with my one CA8-2), but didn't want to spend a bunch of money on it. It feels really good though, so I'm happy with it and will probably leave it configured this way for a while.

Also, I want to second the thoughts by URPeaceKeeper above. I was really impressed with my Gen II SRC G36. After owning 5 CAs and 1 STAR, the SRC was a very pleasant surprise for the price, with lots of nice little touches, like a metal cocking handle/bolt, the A2 style mag release, a fairly usable scope, the top rail on the handle - very nice value for the money.

Yeah that is one beautiful G36! You could post more of them all day if you want, I wouldnt mind :wub:

I was very surprised, to say the least. In terms of battery space, I did manage to fit my friends 10.8v in there and when it was charged the gun hits 22 RPS with an M110 spring and a 10.8v Mini. My LiPo is here, tomorrow I'm going to stop by the RC car store and pick up a balancer for her and maybe another LiPo if they have a good one. Gotta get all the wiring in tomorrow too!

Already blew a fuse though, too fast on semi auto (it was doing so well :D) In terms of accuracy, at the 25 feet I have to work with, it's a laser with the upgraded parts :) Game this weekend that I WILL be using it at. The STAR mags all feed, very well.