G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first airsoft gun, my TM G36. First gun sold at AEX Torrance, started life as a C, moved on to the K with a pre-release order of the Dragon Arms kit (GAH! DEATH!), then a G&P K length foregrip, finally a star fulllength, then a Star AG36 was added :) It's slated as my next gun to get back into shape- going to add a railed scope and hopefully aquire an armycode body :/

g36_02.jpg

g36_01.jpg

g36_03.jpg

Internally it's got standard gearset upgrades, upgraded to 400 fps. I changed the inner barrel to full length, so there's no going back to shorter :D

I've given a lot of thought to the convenience of swapping in the private parts M16 magwell, but have resisted so far.

Alrighty, Combat update on my SRC: This weekend I threw my 7.4v LiPo in and went to the game. I have to say with my upgrades the gun exceeds my expectations once again. For having a lower FPS than my M14 it still shoots like her! Great range, good accuracy, my major gripe is the ROF. On my fully charged 7.4v LiPo the gun turns over at a measily 20 RPS max. I will hit it up with Audacity some other time. The SW-Evolution and the Project Dragon LiPo board worked great untill the LiPo started getting a little low, the gun would not complete cycles, instead it would get to about 1/4 the way in and the mechanical safety would engage, switch it back to full auto and fires great. Switch back to semi, would do that. Charged the battery up and it stopped so I'm thinking the LiPo may be a bit underpowered for this set up. I'm on the search for a similiarly sized 11.1v with decent stats.

The only bad thing that happened was the screw that holds the stock latch in went AWOL on me when I got home so I had to improvise something and now she's back. I have dubbed her "Steph" so now I have Steph and Lauren (My G36 and my M14 respectivly) and I'm not disappointed at all. I didnt use the STAR mags yet, in practice they work fine, bought 5 more used from a friend, so now I have 10. I used the Hicaps because the game was basically a BB wasting game. The HiCaps feed perfectly, not a single missed beat!

I did blow up my SW-Evolution's Breaking MOSFET though, a rather unfortunate event happened with a friends battery when I got home. Decided to see how it shot on a fully charged 8.4v 3500 mAh battery with wires reversed (forgot that part) and the white magic make everything work smoke came out. Sad unfortunate event, but Gandalf has offered to fix it and get it back to me so I'm not worried as he takes care of his customers! LiPo board is fine thankfully!

Anyway, a purchase well made. Now just to work out the niggles and get a good heavy duty 11.1v LiPo and find a way to put it in my gun! I need the trigger response! :)

Pics? Ohh yeah...

IMG_1421.jpg

:)

Thanks for the reports, they have been awesome! I seriously regret wasting so much money on CA36-series guns now, as these simply seem to have both much better externals and internals for less price. :(

And it has that schnazy extended magazine release... I kind of want one now. Damnit.

And it has that schnazy extended magazine release... I kind of want one now. Damnit.

That is probably the most satisfying part of it. I could never get the hang of taking G36 mags out withe AK way. At least with the AK it was a shake and it would fall out. With the G36's mag release it literally requires you to grab the mag and pull it out, which is a bit inefficient in my eyes. The extended mag release is plenty stiff, and with the right mags you can kneel, drop the mag reload and keep fighting and pick up the mag at your convenience. It's so nice :)

I was impressed with my G36, kinda makes me wonder why I didnt buy one sooner. At the same Time I'm glad I didnt buy one sooner, else it would have been a CA (ewwie internals) or some other brand... shame I didnt wait a bit longer and I'd have a Gen 3 SRC :( Ohh well! No regrets! The gun performs! Now just to get a battery that doesnt suck.

As easy as putting on a new handguard

Yes and no. It depends on your G36 and it depends on what AG36 you buy. The CA G36 does not come with a new barrel assembly and this usually means you have to file down parts of the barrel assembly that came with your G36. The Star AG36 comes with the assembly, so no modification is needed. I do not know if JG36s fit a CA AG36 GL without modification.

Here's where my G36 is at right now, pretty happy with it as of now. Grabbing a dual-optic carry handle as soon as I find it in stock though.

g36mine.jpg

EDIT: Is there any trick to getting the flash hider off the CA? I couldn't find any screws or anything holding it on so I blasted it with a heat gun for a while, then put all my force into to turning CCW (also tried CW) all I ended up doing was creating a horrible creaking sound from the plastic under stress...

Edited by Plankton

So, I received some stuff from Uncompany today.

g36kv3.jpg

g36kv1.jpg

It's a G36KV, based on my old CA36E parts-gun. Internals are from my G36V (few pages back) but with a shorter inner barrel.

Cylinder will be changed soon, BTW.

The stock, sights and vertical foregrip is also from my G36V.

Star flat top rail, cut down to look cool.

CA G36K RAS with 1-piece steel barrel

Army Code charging handle

G&P V-stock with homemade cheekrest

EOTech 512

MP7 BUIS

So, I received some stuff from Uncompany today.

g36kv3.jpg

g36kv1.jpg

It's a G36KV, based on my old CA36E parts-gun. Internals are from my G36V (few pages back) but with a shorter inner barrel.

Cylinder will be changed soon, BTW.

The stock, sights and vertical foregrip is also from my G36V.

Star flat top rail, cut down to look cool.

CA G36K RAS with 1-piece steel barrel

Army Code charging handle

G&P V-stock with homemade cheekrest

EOTech 512

MP7 BUIS

im looking to do something a bit like this with my STAR G36c but i dont know if any of the RIS foregrips can be fitted to them. does anybody know.

im looking to do something a bit like this with my STAR G36c but i dont know if any of the RIS foregrips can be fitted to them. does anybody know.

I dont know of any G36 that wont fit any handguard, with the exception of some modding needed for some AG36s and if you wanted to fit RS parts.