G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With my newly arrived gas block/barrel section, I can finally complete the G36C. Shown below with folding foregrip, front quick-release sling mount and M3-taclight with pressure switch. The rail is a Star flat rail with MP7 sights and a G&P red/green dot sight.

3507890901_9f7396b63a_b.jpg

3508702948_6eb6b01fba_b.jpg

I'm thinking of getting one of these EOTech style sights instead - any thoughts?

Also, I took the opportunity to try out this configuration for my proposed 9mm G36 conversion kit. Show below with the same accessories as above:

3508701422_726f6c586c_b.jpg

3507889085_3ce1588961_b.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I think it looks pretty awesome. I prowled around the house for a few minutes with the new G36C in both 5.56mm and 9mm modes, and it's very comfortable with the folding grip in vertical position, not so much when it's folded up. The taclight and red-dot sight work well together, and the short barrel makes the gun very pointable and nicely balanced - the weight is mostly in the main body, above the trigger hand due to the short barrel and skeletal stock.

Work in progress. I bought this as a joke and fell in absolute love with the size/weight/fit and the gearbox i actually love opening up (unlike the dreaded v2). i'll list it all along with the obvious stuff. Yes, it's a classic army K variant.

- hogue universal grip

- 36c modified top rail and sights

- shortened muzzle break (while i figure how to properly put a silencer i like)

- folding vertical grip

- side/bottom rails

- 420fps internals (stock gears, piston and head have been changed, wiring shows no signs of wear either - a miracle i know). mini 9.6v lasts for 3 hicaps with conservative shooting frequency

- metal charging handle

- trimmed ejection port cover (you can get it to open another 2cm by cutting it some from the front. if you remove the top gb mount you can get it to slide all the way back but i figure that extra support is needed)

next on the list when i get the time is to put on the eofake and eradicate the stupid trademarks and text on the body. you can see the tape over some of it to prevent dirt from getting in there while i procrastinate. well thats it... most fun of an aeg i've had. the cult of the m16 just lost a member.

image1xxv.jpg

image2uxf.jpg

image3ucn.jpg

image4d.jpg

irrelevant. the sights have no value other than aesthetics. i might change the front one eventually anyway. depending on how it works with the holosigh/red dot fake

Edited by CZFan
irrelevant. the sights have no value other than aesthetics. i might change the front one eventually anyway. depending on how it works with the holosigh/red dot fake

I think Hedganian is referring to the possible danger of that poking into somebody, as well as breaking it off by accident.

Why not go for the SRC XM8 Gen III?

I'm debating about that now since I hear the GWS kit sight is ######. How is the SRC sight?

Also does it have the same trades as the GWS kit? I someone would take pics of the "trades" I see on the SRC XM8s but the pics that I see are too blurry.

Edited by ST19AG_WGreymon
I'm debating about that now since I hear the GWS kit sight is ######. How is the SRC sight?

Also does it have the same trades as the GWS kit? I someone would take pics of the "trades" I see on the SRC XM8s but the pics that I see are too blurry.

There really are no trades on my SRC G36K I mean there are, but they are not manufacturer trades or anything...

With gun facing to the left, it says "Warning Refer to instruction manual then there is a depressed box that says Cal. 6mm BB then where the trades are supposed to be it has my individual serial number...

Well the scope to be honest is still meh... at least my K model is. It's not bad but it's not that great either, eye relief is terrible but as I understand all of them are no matter what model you get. Is it useable? Yeah it is, it's fairly clear too, for the price I was impressed though. The scope is a minor point in the overall quality. I cant recommend the SRC G36 enough, if the GEN II XM8 had the same internals and external quality as my GEN II does I cant imagine what the Gen III is like considering the stats they have!

I'd say it's worth a shot! My GEN II is very nice.

He's not asking about the XM8, not the G36. :huh:

I have an SRC Gen 2 XM8. It's a great AEG. It was doing 300 fps out of the box, but it's down to about 270 now, 2+ years and several skirmishes later. I've never opened it up or messed with it in any way, and it's never ever let me down. I use it as my all-purpose back-up AEG.

It has a built-in 3x optical sight that can't be removed (at least not easily, if at all) and useless flip-up iron sights (which you can't use because the optics get in the way). The optics are fine for airsoft use, they *are* adjustable if you've got an allen key the right size and the crosshairs are nice and clear.

It takes all standard G36 mags, although my Star Midcaps are a tight fit and really slow mag-changes down. There are no trades to speak of, and the finish isn't anything to right home about, the strengths of this AEG are that it's cheap and reliable, not that it's the prettiest replica out there.

The Gen 3 is supposed to be out soon, if not already, so if you can find one of those, I'd go for that. If not, get a Gen2. You won't be disappointed.

There's a pic of my XM8 in the H&K Pictures thread: here. You can't tell from the pic, but there is a box with the usual "read manual" warning above the bolt. That's all you get, no trades.

Edited by Hedganian

now if only i could find someone in the uk that sells those xm8s :D

also on a side note whats the difference in inner barrel length between a 36c and a 36k? if its significant that might have to be an upgrade for my 36c :D

cheers

millest

I got mine from WGC in HK, several years ago, pre-VCRA I think.

See the Inner Barrel Length thread in Technical Discussion.

Oh, screw it, I'll just tell you from memory: G36C 247mm, G36K 355mm, (M)G36 495mm

My K runs a full 363mm M4 tightbore and it is just below where the threads are on the outer barrel for the flashhider. :)

I know he was asking about the XM8 but I figured the "trades" would be about the same being as the guns are identical minus a few cosmetic changes.

also on a side note whats the difference in inner barrel length between a 36c and a 36k? if its significant that might have to be an upgrade for my 36c :D

cheers

millest

I've got a C and a K, I don't notice any difference in performance between the two barrel lengths. When they were both standard they fired within 4 fps of each other and I couldn't tell a difference in range/grouping in normal skirmish use.

:devil: