G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats what I meant. Its not technically an A2 unless it has the Zeiss sight. Sure, theres a rail so theoretically they could put any sight on there, but I have never seen anything but a Zeiss. Eotech 552s are used, but only for G36KA2s. STAR makes a copy of the Zeiss for around $120. They call it the S dot

Yes, the Star S-dot is what I want (although I don't know if it's any good, Star don't have a good reputation on optics, as far as I know. The built-in optics on their G36 are certainly nothing to write home about). Steyr use it on the AUG A3-SF also. I tried to get one from ZeroOne here in the UK, but they're out of stock.

I believe that the G36A2 refers to the rail, the additional red-dot is not part of the weapon, so I don't see how it can be part of the specification. But be that as it may, I think it looks better with that smaller red-dot.

Gorf - I want an ACOG with red-dot like that, I think it's an excellent setup. Would look cool on the G36 flat rail or the AUG SR. Thanks for the link, I like to see that it comes with the rear iron sight too - I like to keep my options open.

The little "doctor" sight would look good on the AUG's standard ("military") scope too, I think.

Edited by Hedganian

A quote from the wikipedia article. I can dig up other sources but itll take a while

"The lightweight, 3.6 kg, low maintenance rifle is currently issued to German forces in an upgraded variant, which has been given the in-service designation G36A2. The G36A2 is equipped with a quick detachable Zeiss RSA reflex red dot sight[2] mounted on a Picatinny rail that replaces the original red dot sight of the dual combat sighting system mounted on the G36A1 assault rifles of the Bundeswehr"

Heres a review of the star version. There are longer reviews of it out there.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/.../1/cat/52/page/

As with the dual optic carry handle, its really your only choice for an authentic G36 setup. As someone said, you buy STAR optics for looks, not for quality. Ill probably be getting one in the future

I recently got to check out the new ARES (formerly STAR?) dual optic sight; It's a lot better than the old STAR, which was complete and utter ****. The scope optic is perhaps the best G36 scope I've seen (CA, G&P, SRC), although I know that isn't saying much. The eye clearance is fair and clear enough, although I probably wouldn't ever use it in a skirmish.

The red dot is VERY bright, but only has one power setting, and it uses a funky AAAA battery to power itself. I think the ARES is your best bet for the Zeiss/Hensoldt dual-optic sight if you really want one.

Edited by Lon

_MG_4836.jpg

_MG_4849.jpg

_MG_4855.jpg

_MG_4856.jpg

Not much has changed on my G36 except GnP Ladder Rail Covers and a New Aimpoint.

I am considering getting a TD small grip and a Micro Aimpoint after this week....

and picture request, can someone put on a M4 converter with a PMAG inserted and a Magpul stock on their G36k?

Thx :)

"when they kick out your front door

how you gonna come

with your hands on your head

or on the trigger of your gun...."

DSCN0926.jpg

"You know it means no mercy

They caught him with a gun

No need for the Black Maria

Goodbye to the Brixton sun"

DSCN0928.jpg

"You can crush us