G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have the reflex sight, but it just didn't look good enough for me. The reason I don't want the micro, doctor, or eotech is because all I've found through research is that they don't perform well, especially with windage and elevation adjustments, which is a big problem when they'll be mounted so high up. The s point also seems to have gotten bad reviews also. I was wondering if anyone has pictures of a g36 carry handle optic with a 30mm rds like the G&P delta sight or something less common.

The reflex sight jutting out up there just seems to ruin the lines of the g36. Something flatter or horizontal would seem to compliment it better

IMG_0259.jpg

There was a K posted by Hedganian a couple pages back with an aimpoint on it.

3831416700_1ab7a7d4e2_o.jpg Hedganian's Gun. 

If that still doesn't satisfy you, then you'll just have to go with a micro aimpoint. Airsoft guns are terribly innacurate when compared to real rifles, zeroing it should be the least of your problems. Use it as a guide for aiming.

Edited by mrcheetos

The first step to true g36 happiness is accepting that whilst the sight unit is cool, its pretty *suitcasey*, and is best replaced with a g36c rail, or better yet, the sl8-6 rail ;)

That way you can put an aimpoint/acog/etc on and it will be alot better then whatever came with your gun, chances are its a bit naff.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good rds to put on top of a g36k with an optics handle? I want something low profile that's not an ap micro or doctor sight, and not an eotech. I've been thinking of the G&P ap m2, but it just seems a bit odd so high up there, and it kinda ruins the sleekness of the g36.

So basicly... you want anything other than the sights that are best (or at all) suited for this purpose?:rolleyes:

The first step to true g36 happiness is accepting that whilst the sight unit is cool, its pretty *suitcasey*, and is best replaced with a g36c rail, or better yet, the sl8-6 rail wink.gif

Yeah, I've been struggling with that and switching between the c rail and optics handle every couple months. It just looks so sexy with the optics handle though! I guess the best option would just be an aimpoint on the c rail. I still like the magnification of the optics handle though, so if anyone can show me a g36 with an aimpoint and magnifier, that would help ease the pain.

Yeah, I've been struggling with that and switching between the c rail and optics handle every couple months. It just looks so sexy with the optics handle though! I guess the best option would just be an aimpoint on the c rail. I still like the magnification of the optics handle though, so if anyone can show me a g36 with an aimpoint and magnifier, that would help ease the pain.

You ask - I provide:

3871854845_bcb04a9b40_b.jpg

Apologies for the angle - it's late.

Although if you're looking for magnification and red-dot combination goodness, I recommend this:

uberacog2_1.jpg

(Click the image for the full description)

I've got one on my AUG, and it works very nicely.

Edited by Hedganian

Not a clue, its fairly easy to remove the scope from the carry handle (alot of people do it before drilling to mount a rail ontop), I imagine the hardest bit save any dimensional differences would be getting the adjustment things lined up.

Is it worth it? Depends. The real g36 sight isn't great, but its alot better then the airsoft versions. 15 euros isn't that bad, and its small so shipping won't be alot. Likewise, if you are going to replace your carry handle, its surplus so if it goes tits up, you've only lost what you might of got in a sale, and if you are worried about that, you could have a go on an AGM carry handle which is pretty cheap.

A friend of mine got a hensholdt tube, and although we didn't try it when I visited him last, the dimensions looked very close to the CA optics tube.

Not really noticeably better, though.

And the fact that it was 3x and not 1.5x like my CA sight made it less relevant for airsoft, IMHO.

But yeah, scoped carryhandle with a rail and an EOTech on top, G36A2 style, works well and looks good.

Real steel, but this is what I worked out. I originally had an H&K dual optic but the red dot was too slow in acquiring. At work we all use Eotechs so I got used to them, and put one on my SL8 converted into a G36 clone (a common conversion in the real steel world). This photo shows my single optic carry handle that I had an H&K rail installed on, then added an Eotech. Yes, I have to hold the rifle "bazooka style" to use the lower scope, but no problem. Watch the footage of guys in the sand box, the bazooka style shouldering of their M4's is common.

Ironically, in my never ending quest for the "perfect" stock I had an airsoft (G&P) "KV" stock installed here to enable me to adjust LOP. It works fine. The gunsmith who worked on my gun thought it was a real H&K part. It is solid and holds up to live fire.

SL8G36Eotech.jpg

Here's how it looked originally:

RtSidePodDn.jpg

Here it is with the original H&K "C" model stock:

GuitarCase001.jpg

Real G36! I want one so bad! Uh oh. I came. That K flash hider looks really long

Had to use that long flash hider to meet the minimum legal length in my state. Since this is not an official duty gun but my own personal gun, no exemption. As you can see in my early pic, it had the shorter birdcage hider but when I did the conversion to the airsoft stock (to shorten LOP) I had to attach a longer hider to keep the legal length.

I JUST received a new folding stock today. It is a piece of art and I'll post pics once I get it installed. Those Germans have done it again. They call it a sniper stock, but it folds (to the left so you can shoot with it folded). It uses SL8 LOP spacers and the cheekpiece. Have to have the armorer transfer my trigger group to the new trigger housing/stock assembly.

Klappschaftumbau20SL8.jpg

To the person asking about the quality of the H&K insert for the carry handle optics, YES, they are good. I had to take the scope assembly out of the carry handle in order to attach the H&K rail. The scope is a sealed, integrated unit. I think it could be mounted in an airsoft carry handle. Might require some fitting, but nothing too serious. The only issue might be zeroing in the scope. Check how the adjusters are on the airsoft handle, then compare with a parts diagram of a real steel handle.

You might have to fiddle with the scope zeroing screws to make them compatible with the real scope, but maybe not. Either way, not a super tough issue.

Edited by eltee

Well, I decided to buy that Ares Z&H dual optic carry handle I talked about a bit earlier. A very slick looking piece, the Z&H always looked great to me, even though I know it's now phased out. "Pretty good" by G36 carry handle standards... I'll probably post a pic of it soon.

Anyway, I was wondering the red dot module had any rail beneath it? Looking at it now, it actually seems like it's a separate part of the carry handle, and seeing this makes me wonder if it is indeed removable. Anyone know?