G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'm quite surprised that the police are allowed to have 5.56mm at all, with the exception of snipers marksmen. Soft-target over-penetration is a big issue when dealing with the more powerful 5.56mm cartridge than the smaller 9mm, and I would expect the police to be limited by this consideration...

To be honest, I'm quite surprised that the police are allowed to have 5.56mm at all, with the exception of snipers marksmen. Soft-target over-penetration is a big issue when dealing with the more powerful 5.56mm cartridge than the smaller 9mm, and I would expect the police to be limited by this consideration...

I think FBI did tests showing less chance of over-pentration with 5.56 than 9mm.

I think you might want to check your facts on that one. I've heard a couple of times now of 9mm rounds have more penetration than the 5.56. I'm not a ballistics expert myself though, so I don't understand. Maybe it's to do with the 5.56 round tumbling and the 9mm not?

I've read internet rumours about police/crw units using low-powered 5.56 - partly to stop over-penetration on soft targets, but mainly to stop penetrating walls/ceilings in urban situations.

You can potentially get over-penetration with any round and well trained marksmen would be trained to look deep and asses, and not shoot if there's potential to hit someone behind.

Heh heh, I love G36 in any forms and definitely like that pic of the G36 in the fridge.

IMO, I think the G36 is the prettiest assualt rifle on the planet.

I wonder what the next version will look like if they, HK, that is, decides to upgrade or upgrade the looks?

B

hey,

After I got fed up with my m733 and it's problems, I wanted something diffrent. After I saw woozie's gun I had decided, so here's my jg g36.

DSC06137b.jpg

The top rail is custom by myself, since the real deal costs as much as the gun itself, I decided to not buy it but make it. Also had a silencer laying around, but it was too long so I made it shorter. The front looks bad right now, but with new paint it will be better.

Still waiting for a paintjob and I'm thinking of changing the vert grip, but other then that, pretty much done.

Internally I've only installed a new Prometheus tightbore and a scs nub.

hey,

After I got fed up with my m733 and it's problems, I wanted something diffrent. After I saw woozie's gun I had decided, so here's my jg g36.

The top rail is custom by myself, since the real deal costs as much as the gun itself, I decided to not buy it but make it. Also had a silencer laying around, but it was too long so I made it shorter. The front looks bad right now, but with new paint it will be better.

Still waiting for a paintjob and I'm thinking of changing the vert grip, but other then that, pretty much done.

Internally I've only installed a new Prometheus tightbore and a scs nub.

Looks like a Sig for some reason...wonder if anyone else sees this...and I quote someone when I say m4 magwell conversions on a G36 is just wrong IMO.

SRC G36c

SRC G36 (gone now)

Hmm...I never really was fond of ACOGs on a G36...I would think more like a Marui ProSight or even an EoTech...

Your red-dot on your G36E was something I did before...but it seems too high-profile...I know they're in the process of redesigning the red-dot for the dual-optic...just dont know when they're gonna make a replica

Looks like a Sig for some reason...wonder if anyone else sees this...and I quote someone when I say m4 magwell conversions on a G36 is just wrong IMO.

Hmm...I never really was fond of ACOGs on a G36...I would think more like a Marui ProSight or even an EoTech...

Your red-dot on your G36E was something I did before...but it seems too high-profile...I know they're in the process of redesigning the red-dot for the dual-optic...just dont know when they're gonna make a replica

the star z-point clone looks good mounted above the scope...