G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pkekyo: Awesome rifle, man! I see you have my one of my favorite movies, "Kopps" haha!!!

Just make sure that you don't put your G36 in a hot environment after being out on the field when it's cold. There is a risk of quickly melting snow that's left over and that could seep through the parts and into the gearbox. I don't think it could be a huge problem but still, just something I've heard from some guys who's played a lot in heavy snow.

McArthur: Can you sight a source on that? Not calling you out, but that is the first time I have heard that and its kinda unsettling lol.

Yes, my source is Lightfighter.net, and in particular, Pat Rogers.

Disclaimer: I don't shoot real steel, not am I Mil. or LE, but I'll pass on what I've read at Lightfighter.

It might seem reasonable to say that a picture of a soldier with an Eo means they must be good to go, but the general feeling from the front line troops and Law Enforcement on LF is that a lot of troops use what they are issued, or what they can afford, or they simply don't know jack.

Eo's are not keeping their zero, the optic fails to work at times, batteries drain outrageously quick, they just outright break and fail to work. And it happens at critical times.

The Aimpoints on the other hand are being touted as the RDS to have at the moment. Pat Rogers in particular (Well known instructor/shooter in the States) seems rather fond of throwing his Aimpoint T-1 across concrete, then asking the Eotech owners to do the same. The Aimpoints keep their zero, have an incredibly long battery life and stories of Aimpoints failing seem to be outnumbered ten to one by the Eotechs.

Eo's might look cool on the G36 top rails, and I know the German forces have been seen using them, but the general opinion from the civilian, Law Enforcement and Military shooters on Lightfighter seems to be that Eotechs are not safe optics to have on a weapon which will be relied upon to protect life. So, I guess that means they're good to go on the G36 airsoft guns.

I don't want to take this much further off topic - but the way I see it this is discussion regarding what seems to be a particularly common optic on the G36 rifles. I would particularly like to see an Aimpoint T1 on a G36A2, that is how I would like to run my G36.

Well then it wouldnt be a G36A2. G36A2 have a zeiss z point. They have to. it may be removable, but that is what makes it an A2(visibly at least). Also, in addition to looking good on G36s, they are very important for a proper G36KA2, which almost always has an Eotech on top of the carry handle.

I dunno...every description Ive ever seen of the A2 says it has the zeiss sight. And since the A2 is issued as a kit with the z point, and every picture Ive ever seen of an A2 has one, I think its reasonable. Who knows though. Germany wont give me dual citizenship so I cant find out :(

Anyways, while I know there are a number of soldiers on lightfighter and similar websites, there are also a lot of guys who arent. And so Id rather hear some solid reports of widespread failures, rather than a bunch of guys talkign on the internet. Especially since I have never heard of these major problems with Eotechs before.

P.S. I dont think there is a good kind of "getting anal" :bleh: (perfect place for this smiley face if you ask me)

Edited by Seraphim989
I dunno...every description Ive ever seen of the A2 says it has the zeiss sight. And since the A2 is issued as a kit with the z point, and every picture Ive ever seen of an A2 has one, I think its reasonable. Who knows though. Germany wont give me dual citizenship so I cant find out :(

Here's a thought, Seraphim. Perhaps some people choose optics for their weapons based on what works reliably for them. I think it's fair to say it's only airsofters who choose optics for their "weapons" based on what looks cool and what "is usually used". Thats an important difference between real steel and airsoft - and one of the reasons airsoft is ridiculed. It's cool that you know your weapon designations and all, but I was originally referring to taking an ARES G36, and replacing the dual optic with a C rail + T1. If it makes you feel better, there is actually a separate weapon designation for this combo. It's called a G36MC.

Anyways, while I know there are a number of soldiers on lightfighter and similar websites, there are also a lot of guys who arent. And so Id rather hear some solid reports of widespread failures, rather than a bunch of guys talkign on the internet. Especially since I have never heard of these major problems with Eotechs before.

:huh:

Look. The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open. You proved by the first quote you are close minded, if you want to find more information, then go out there and find more.

I'm sure there are a number of Mil/LE based forums around you can easily get in contact with and read more about the Eotech. I've given you one major source, and I certainly suggest you don't register on LF and tell them they're "a bunch of guys talking on the Internet" when it comes to the art of fighting a war. Frankly, nobody gives a *fruitcage* if you haven't heard of Eotechs failing. But hey - I can point you to a web forum where there are a number of professional soldiers (Both infantry and SF) and Law Enforcement officers who HAVE heard, and HAVE experienced Eotechs failing.

Yeah, I'm offended that you just insulted a group of people I consider to be role models.

Edited by McArthur
Can anyone help me here please.

If anyone have G36K with RIS handguard and scoped handle, can you post up a picture of your rifle with eotech mounted on top of the RIS? (not on top of scope on the carry handle.)

cheers.

I know this has been well addressed, but I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway since it reminded me that I've handled an AEG set up this way by a well-known airsoft shop. It worked (sort of); the EOtech's reticle was not too distorted and the scope's reticle was overpowered by the red dot.

However, there's no upside unless you badly wanted to use the built-in scope in low light, since you lose the fast targeting of an unmagnified EOtech. If you could flip the carry handle to the side I would be all for it.

Here's my poor neglected G36 for relevance to the thread title:

SDC10203-1.jpg

I bet no one else has MP7 sights on the carry handle scope.

Whoa whoa whoa buddy settle down there. I was talking about the people who aren't soldiers or police officers, of which there are plenty on the internet. Also, consider Ive spent a great deal of time and effort to work towards a correct Bundeswehr loadout, it matter quite a bit to me whether or not a certain sight is accurate. I was simply saying I will wait until I see other reports of this before I jump to conclusions. Simple as that

^ Nice. Is that a wraparound grip on there?

Hm, Is anyone else excited about that TM G36K EBB? If I were fortunate enough to get my hands on one, I'd slap on an Eotech 551/557 on the top of the carry handle and call it a day.

• 2 weeks later...