G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here ya go then

IMG_1099_small.jpg

IMG_0925_small.jpg

The outer barrel on the Star G36K just seems to be a tad short. Could do with another 1cm to the length for a bit more realisim. The Star definitely has the better finish of all the G36's i have, and feels a lot sturdier in construction as well.

Edited by ObsoleteAcey

res.. haha nice so does the star on a 9.6v 1400mAh.. i think it was 25rounds per second at the least?

Roanix.. performance wise.. not so hot. They suffer compression issues.. but then that never bothers me much as most of my guns do under the forum limit (even though in NZ we have no limit except what the club sets). I have read people complaining of motor problems (i've never had those issues) and some dude told me they were an un-skirmishable weapon (strange that i use mine every week without an issue).

All i did to fix the issues.. and i'm not sure it's 100% fixed... but i changed the oring on the cylinder head (the star cylinder orings and slightly smaller and much narrower than from other cylinder heads but i managed to find an oring that fits VERY snugly) and swapped the piston oring for one from a stock marui piston head i had. That gave me an extra 30fps which was pleasing. Feel wise, it's heavier than the CA (at 3kg it actually weighs the same as the real steel unloaded with just the standard optics) and the finish on the body feels better and it just feels more solid. Also the quick release spring system not only allows you to change the springs quickly but makes the mech a dream to work on.

Out of the box the CA is a far better performer.. but i love working on the guns so have enjoyed fixing the issues in the Star :)

I'm still running a 8.4 through its pretty damn good, really wana go up to a 9.6 but im not sure i'd get it in the small foregrip

A 9.6 1400mah will fit in a c size grip. I removed the plastic bit thats ment to hold the battery in to give it more clearance.

ahh! I really love that mag idea gisburn, wonder if that'd look better with the long foregrip? IMO i'd take the iron sights off, and perhaps get some low scope rings. That would be my taste though :D

as the MG36, recently sold the drum mag, as I fancied a change!

Foregrip and mags are been painted light grey this week!

cheers,

What Type of Cmag did you have? Im interested in getting one but im not sure on which one to get. I had a CA one and it wasnt to great...Im looking at the Hero Arms ones now..Let me know!

It was the hero arms one, the one you wind it up with a pressure switch leading from it. Mine worked very well indeed!! do be careful with the bottom of it, mine had lots of use and over time it was weakened and a little crack started to form. It must have been because of the weight in the sides of the Cmag when loaded not being properly supported when inserted into the gun. its only plastic after all! the overall quality was good!

hope that helped,

cheers.

Sorry about the dodgy pics, used my phone.

p1502081254sr3.jpg

p1502081255pt3.jpg

p1502081256du6.jpg

Hello,

Really like this G36C, can you post some info on what parts you used to convert the G36 to an M4 stock. If possible even from where you sourced these bits, especially from the net!

Thanks and nice gun!

Hello,

Really like this G36C, can you post some info on what parts you used to convert the G36 to an M4 stock. If possible even from where you sourced these bits, especially from the net!

Thanks and nice gun!

I second that. For the M4 stock, you can go for the First Factory stock adapter.

I ordered this from RWA and it's a matter of days until it arrives, then my G36 will look like azz's one. The only difference will be that it's the G36K foregrip with the G&P scope-integrated carrying handle. I wonder which one will look better, I'll post some pics when I receive my stuff.

Edited by Marginal
azz how dare you blasphemy the G36 by putting inferior parts on it! ;)

Ha, maybe. But its still a HK at heart. :)

If the G36 mags weren't so bulky then I wouldn't have the mag well adapter on.

And TBH the folding stock is more practical, I just wanted something different. That and the original stock is too short for me.

The G36k/ G36 stock is about an inch longer than the g36c stock just so ya know. I understand the magwell thing though. I don't really have that problems as I use Bundeswehr G36 magazine pouches and they have plastic lined inside the pouch so that the magazines cannot catch on anything.

booohoo these G36s hurt my eyes bwahahaha

seriosuly it's interestign the way people customise their G36s like this. Althought i wouldn't be seen dead putting an M4 stock or M16 mags in to it (in fact i would hope the day i do that someone actually puts me down) but then that's just me :)

As an adendum to my comparison of the star and CA G36s, I have decided the CA is of inferior quality. Firstly, it's really just a G36C with a longer barrel. It still has the C gas system in it, whereas the star one is a full length gas system. Secondly, i cocked the charging handle today (as you do when the guys go "lets get it on" and cock their shotguns and *beep*... i know what a show off) and the plastic part completely fell appart. Even my SRC XM8 is better quality than that (has a metal handle).

As an aside, the Star G36K weighs in at 3kg, same as the real one, SRC weighs in at 3kg, just a little shy of the 3.2kg they managed to get the XM8 down to before cancellation, and the CA36 at 2.8.

Edited by ObsoleteAcey