G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just buy the JG one.

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=2883

As seen on the newest line of JG G36's.

This is NOT a JG handle. It is a ACM G36 handle. Rest assured these are not JG products. They come in an unmarked ziploc bag. I made the mistake of ordering one from RSOV. Great service as usual, but the product itself is an epic failure. Again, this is NOT the fault of RSOV. I was attempting to mount it on a JG G36K that came with a C scope rail. This was before the release of the JG G36K with scoped carry handle. BTW, the scoped handles on the newest JG G36 rifles is hard plastic, just like the body and forends. They are not the rubbery ###### that this thing is made of.

Handle was warped as bad as in the above linked photo. It absolutly wouldnt fit no matter what I tried. Scope unit itself almost fell out of the housing even with modest rubber mallet taps. Tremendous amounts of parting flash everywhere. The material is NOT hard plastic that can be trimmed. It is soft and rubbery, so trimming the flash wasnt easy. I finally managed to get the thing on the gun, and found it was too short in the front. There was a 1/8th inch gap in the back between the unit itself and the gun.

I did some measuring and the channels that the gun is supposed to slide into are too shallow. This explains the gap between the handle and the gun. Milling deeper channels might be possible, but due to the softness of the material will be messy. If you have a dremel, it would be possible to mill everything deeper by hand, but the effort really isnt worth it. In the end, the plastics are still 2 seperate materials, the color wont match (paint it I guess) and the optics are un usable with goggles.

In this instance, you get what you pay for. The only reason mine isnt in the bottom of a landfill is becasue I can use the optics themselves for another project.

If you really want the little rail on the back, find a seperate rail, cut it to length, and add it to a scoped handle.

Edited by Fighting Maus

Yes those ACM G36 scopes are absolute *suitcase* by all accounts. Took serious filing to both G36 and scope rail before it even came anywhere close to fitting, and even now the front is short by about 1/4". It's not a major issue for me but its irritating given that I paid £40 for optics that I knew would be pretty much useless as far as a functioning scope goes (pretty much 0 eye relief with horrible picture), but I at least expected a proper fit and half decent materials, but the plastic is horrible and rubbery.

It's a cheap G36 Scope, yes, and it does the job I wanted it do (reluctantly and with compromise) but I would sooner buy a JG G36K and use it for parts given half a chance. Ho hum.

Edited by Slash'

Sorry are we talking about railed "C" handles or Railed Scoped "K/E" handles nao?

In any case the one I bought was the one advertised in LWA (without the rail atop the scope)which I can only assume to be the same as that advertised in RSOV. Given the railed one came out later, perhaps it's a V2 of some sort? Or perhaps its just the abominable QC for which these ACM manufacturers are reknowned...

Sorry are we talking about railed "C" handles or Railed Scoped "K/E" handles nao?

In any case the one I bought was the one advertised in LWA (without the rail atop the scope)which I can only assume to be the same as that advertised in RSOV. Given the railed one came out later, perhaps it's a V2 of some sort? Or perhaps its just the abominable QC for which these ACM manufacturers are reknowned...

agree about variable QC - I was reluctant to buy mine at first 'cos the photo on the website showed the handle was clearly warped between the front and rear posts. What arrived in mail, however, was of excellent quality...

Well I didnt like the Optics and I found it rather useless but the same thing with the real Hensoldt.

The Reddot Tube is very small and on the Replica the dot is not so sharp. The 3x Optics is also so small that you must come very close with your eye...:(

How old it is I cant tell you because I bought it second hand....