G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty much a perfect match to the CA's color and texture.

I have this handguard set as well. It's on par with the STAR surface texture and feel, and seems very sturdy. The rails are heavy strong metal and so far the paint seems pretty chip-proof.

If I had one complaint with it, it would be that the hardpoints for the screws have threaded inserts that can be pulled out if you tighten the screws too hard. Just don't over-tighten the rails and it's a great piece of kit.

Cool thanks guys.

So I received my classic army g36 last night in the post, slapped the battery in my (smart) charger and this afternoon got back from work to fire up ye old g36. So I load up my Hi-cap magazine, put in the battery and start shooting at a target roughly 35 feet away. I takes me about 5 semi auto shots to get the scope zeroed in.Now I'm ready for full auto so, I snap off a few more semi auto shots, switch the fire selector to full and shoot 3 or 4 bursts of about 5 pellets. Then the gun just stopped working. When I pull the trigger it makes a sound like a click when it is pulled back and a click when it is released. No motor sounds no nothing.I then rummaged around in my tool boxes, found some allen wrenches and set to work taking it apart. I got the foregrip the magwell off and when I was trying to unscrew thereciever the screw was stripping even though I was using an appropriate sized allen wrench. So I seem not to be able to open my gun to see whats wrong plus this is my first AEG so I wouldn't really be able to ID the problem anyway. So I'm asking all you g36 experts on here if this is a well known problem with CA's>? I was thinking that the trigger contacts may have burnt out already but I only shot about 40 bb's!

thanks in advance.

The trigger contacts on my CA36 died too, but within 40 rounds of being new? Id contact whoever sold it to you and see what they can do for you. Stripping screws is a sad standard for CA, replaced my screws with JG ones (yep, JG) and havent had any such problems since...

It can be fixed by opening up the gearbox and scraping off the black oxide/replacing/ bending back the contacts...but it sure aint fun if its your first time AND your first AEG. Give airsoft atlanta a ring, tell them what happened and ask them what they plan to do about it.

Edit: for clarity, by ring I mean phone call lol

Edited by ianhaz

Which screw was it that got stripped? I'm pretty sure that all of the screws on a G36, except for the one that holds the magwell in place are nothing special. You can get new ones from a well equiped hardware store. Even the one at the back of the gun under the stock hinge. There's a store near me that specialices in screws and they had everything.

That clicking sound is just what you would hear when your battery has run dry. I know you said you just charged it but it never hurts to make sure. Another thing to check is the fuse if your gun has one. The clicking sound would indigate that the fuse has not burned but again it doesn't hurt to check.

Also sometimes AEGs just jam in semi and can be usually unjammed by fidling around with the fire selector and pulling the trigger. However your gun jammed in full auto so I don't think this is it.

If all of those are in order then it would seem that something is wrong inside the gearbox. Maybe something has been lodged between the gears or the spring might have snapped (this happened to me once). I'm going to echo ianhaz and say that you should try to contact the seller.

Thanks. I left a message explaining the situation. Hoping they'll get back soon.

EDIT: yuri: the screw in front of the butt stock by about 2 inches(roughly) is the one that got stripped. I did infact check my battery and its reading 9.5V so its fully charged.

Also how would I go about checking the fuse, I am quite a novice to all this AEG stuff.

Edited by Plankton
Thanks. I left a message explaining the situation. Hoping they'll get back soon. Also another beginner question: is there any way I CAN get the lower receiver off with that stripped screw? I could take a look into the gear box and see if re-wiring wouldn't be to much a hassle.

EDIT: yuri: the screw in front of the butt stock by about 2 inches(roughly) is the one that got stripped. I did infact check my battery and its reading 9.5V so its fully charged.

Also how would I go about checking the fuse, I am quite a novice to all this AEG stuff.

I don't own a CA myself so I can't say for sure but I imagine it's the same on all G36s'; that screw is there just for show, it doesn't actually hold anything in place. You really need to open only two screws, the one that holds the magwell and the one under the stock hinge. The latter one is at the back of the gun, you need to fold the stock to access it. After you take those out you push the hop-up unit forward and then you can swing the lower receiver with the gearbox attached out of the body.

The fuse, if is present, will be somewhere at the front of the gun next to where you put the battery I imagine.

Well this is trouble some I now have the pistol grip/lower receiver with the top part of the gear box sticking out, with only 3 screws showing. I unscrewed them all and I cant budge anything nor can I really see a way to take the gear box out of this handle or open it up etc to check the trigger wiring.

I've experienced similar with my CA36... nothing of the internals are CA anymore though; the piston/spring was locked up, field stripping it and sodding about with the selector remedied this issue though...

Considering buying a second CA36, though I can't quite decide wether or not to start another project just yet.

Either way I'm going for CA's AG36 grenade launcher as soon as economy permits; anyone have experiences as to what shells work decently with it?

Its made by star, I got mine from UNCo. It also has no sights so the rail runs the full length.

Would anybody be interested in getting a custom run of ksk handle replicas made? I've got the dimensions and I'm pretty sure its something that wouldn't be to hard to machine - especially at a professional level. It would be pretty expensive if you did it individually but if there was a group the costs could be cut.

I'd be up for it, although I do have a KSK handle already, probably cut by Jerome, or else, by Bella, from the regular C handle.

Ceriph

What kind of scope/red dot is that?

I'm pretty sure it's a G&P like mentioned, but there are no trades so I can't say for sure. Iv had it for about 5 years and I got it off some guy @ an event so ... I don't know for sure who makes it. What made me get it is that it's not a dot but a red cross reticle.

Photo4.jpg

Please excuse the TERRIBLE photo, I had to use my phone b/c my girl friend ran off with my camera for the weekend <_<

At least you can ... kinda ... see the cross.