G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some obscure reason I don't believe that the bodies were made to withstand being torn from the inside and out, but that's just mea and my odd ideas. And second, the charging handle is purely ABS plastic, so you can't exactly blame that on "shoddy polymer-reinforced plastic".

My CA36 has taken too much abuse, and the only part of it I find dodgy at all is the stock.

Though I have broken both a CA36K and a TM G36C stock in the exactly same manner.

Ease down on the doomsaying a little bit. It is a known fact CA has had some bad batches of G36s.

Well the only thing that's still stock CA-plastic on my G36 is the pistol grip, and that's held up fine for 3+ years now.

The receiver has been replace by army code, but found a new home on my friends TM, which is also doing fine (ugly TM pistolgrip aside).

The CA body actually felt better than the army code, but I like trades, so that was that.

My CA foregrip has been replaced by a real H&K foregrip, but as it arrived I cursed myself for wasting $100, as it looks and feels just like the CA.

Now, I'm by far a CA fanboy, they're one of my least favorite airsoft manufacturers, but dangit, the G36 plastic is the one thing they got right.

Sorry but I have to disagree with everyone on this. By far I have broken the mentioned CA G36 parts (on two totally different batch guns) and also one M15 pistol grip, an M15 foregrip, an MP5 torch foregrip, an MP5 full stock and various other smaller parts. They all have been like the stuff in the video. I've also seen several CA36 bodies snap especially at the joints, whereas I've yet to see an ugly but durable Marui body fail (seen broken stocks though). I'm not buying another CA36-series gun ever anymore. No offense to anyone because I know you love your purr-awww guns and you have the right to if they serve you well, but this doomsayer has spoken.

By the way, I popped the internals and found awful shimming, cheap new CA gears, overlubing, a cheap plastic cylinder head and zero compression. The mechbox wasn't even compatible with a Marui pistol grip, so now I have stock Marui internals in my CA. :P

Sorry for the offtopic, but I felt that my experience was worth mentioning for people that are about to buy a CA. Mods may remove if they find my post unnecessary.

Edited by Abelius
By the way, I popped the internals and found awful shimming, cheap new CA gears, overlubing, a cheap plastic cylinder head and zero compression.

Now this I agree on!

But really, M15 grips cracking? In my experience those are also some of the most solid pistol grips out there, at least better than TM and VFC grips.

Now, I notice you're from Winland, where it can get really cold, maybe this has something to do with it?

Maybe very low temperatures mess with the molecular structure of the plastic or something :mellow:

Edit: Let's take this thread back on track!

bilde291dk5.jpg

bilde293we5.jpg

Army Code receiver and barrel, H&K G36 foregrip, cut-down star rail, G&P stock, EOTech 512 and Galaxy MP7 BUIS.

Pistol grip and magwell is still CA, as is the trigger and some of the selector-bits.

Edited by Panzergraf

The blue thing on the stock is the battery, the stock has a hole there so it can lock onto the shell deflector on the side of the receiver.

The blue thing behind the fake bolt carrier is the Pro-Win hopup chamber, and I admit I locked the bolt (wedging the charging handle down into the groove it rides in) open just to show this :P

The custom C-rail will have to work until the rest of my gear is complete and I can buy a RS KV-rail. :D

Same here, man.

Look in the Project Suggestion forum, a member here is looking to create a CNC copy of the A1 rail, will be cheaper than the real thing and build to airsoft-specs.