G36 Picture Thread

Yeah, overall it's a craptastic sight. The optic part itself is pretty good, very clear and the reticle is easy to see. However, it is very easy to push it out from its housing - it was halfway out when I opened the parcel it came in! As for the red-dot - utter ######. There is no brightness control and it is retina searingly bright. It's so bright it can be seen from the front. It's unusable.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I being silly or is that scope on backwards??

And I agree rouge, the optics do look very nice but I also remember reading about the quality being poor. Its a shame tho as it "could" be an awesome addition if they worked well.

Your being silly :P nah its on the right way round but will soon be a scoped handle and g36k foregrip and barrel now :D (soon as they arrive i Hope)

does anyone have a G36K with a G36C handguard and a standard 3x sight or duel-optic? I have always wanted to see how the longer barrel looks with the shoet hanguard.

yes, search this thread he had its painted OD and has a AR mag corvension, sorry but I dont remeber his nick

That'd be me :)

Current status of my ongoing G36K project;

Still awaiting:

- One-point sling

- New G&P K-length stock

- Guarder MOD vert-grip

Might get some ladder rail covers in OD eventually... And considering to paint the current stock (C length) OD to match the rest of the furniture...Still not quite sure.

Oh, I'm also getting an ArmyCode reciever as soon as my paycheck is big enough.

I also have a C carryhandle and a flat-top Carryhandle for it.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs31/i/2008/193...I_by_Pkekyo.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs32/i/2008/193...V_by_Pkekyo.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs32/i/2008/193...V_by_Pkekyo.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs32/i/2008/193...I_by_Pkekyo.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs31/i/2008/193...I_by_Pkekyo.jpg

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs31/i/2008/193...I_by_Pkekyo.jpg

You'll have to excuse the watermarks, but due to past events that's how I roll these days...

And yes, I went a bit artsy-fartsy with these

Well I don't have one so I couldn't really tell you but, the STAR one does have trade marks and the CA doesn't if I'm not mistaken.

Also has anyone had any experience with ordering the Dboys G36 mags with the fake bullets inside them from WGCshop. I'm looking around for low-caps with dummy rounds but I'm steering away from the Tokyo Marui purely because of the price, $27 each x12=to much money for me. My other option would be getting the STAR lowcaps from Airsoft Atlanta because they're located in the states which is easier to order from then HK. But they don't have dummy rounds in them.

any thoughts?

Quick question for you guys on the AG36 - anyone have a comparison between the Star and CA AG36 versions? Is one better than the other? Pros and Cons?

Star:

Pros: Trades (These are awesome), comes with barrel assembly, fits stick batteries. Very solid build.

Cons: Price

CA

Pros: Cost

Cons: Barrel assembly not included- you might need to modify yours slightly. No trades.

I'm starting to see the Star ones for the cost of the CA ones though.

Just picked up the Star version from Zero One here in the UK for £150, which is a bit more than I'd planned to pay, but compares favourably to the CA version I had planned to get from Evike in the US (before they started being unco-operative on the international shipping) at $250 (about £130 or so, thanks to the weak Sterling at the moment) so I guess I'll be happy with the quality. That's good to hear.

What kind of barrel assembly does the STAR AG36 come with?

Is it a full 1-piece design with realistic gas-piston goodness, like the Army Code, or something more like the CA (potmetal C-assembly with a longer tube screwed on to it)?

And what kind of material is it made of?

Well I don't have one so I couldn't really tell you but, the STAR one does have trade marks and the CA doesn't if I'm not mistaken.

Also has anyone had any experience with ordering the Dboys G36 mags with the fake bullets inside them from WGCshop. I'm looking around for low-caps with dummy rounds but I'm steering away from the Tokyo Marui purely because of the price, $27 each x12=to much money for me. My other option would be getting the STAR lowcaps from Airsoft Atlanta because they're located in the states which is easier to order from then HK. But they don't have dummy rounds in them.

any thoughts?

I've bought those DBoys mags from ebaybanned, and they work fine. Only thing I found was a couple of them didn't feed to well initially, but after a spray of silicon and keeping a few bb's in them for a week and it fixed them no probs. Apart from a few mould lines they're just as good as the TM one I've got.

Almost complete project SL8:

pdsl8.jpg

Remains of a Both Elephant SL8, which now has a TM G36 gearbox, mag well and hop in it. The scope is a Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40 M1 and the bipod came from a cheap ACM sniper package. Goes like a dream, but it'll go better at the weekend once it has its 590mm 6.04 Systema barrel in it and a new CA hop up. Needs a little cosmetic work to finish it then :D

Yep. :)

It's sweeeeeeeeeeet too. 1200 rpm at 370 fps... :o

Got the full length and K barrel/foregrip, export sight rail and C flat rail with iron sights, K and C length stocks and an AG36 on backorder. I need a C length barrel and foregrip, a full length foregrip with RIS rails and the A2 scope with top rail, and I'll be happy.

Project G36 is looking set to be a *LOT* easier than Project AUG has been...

I have the Star dual-optic rail, it's for sale as I found the scope to be blurry and unusable and the red dot to be too bright, unfocussed and barely usable. Which is a shame because I think it looks great.

If you have a dual-optic rail that isn't Star and is therefore good, then I might be interested... The export-version scope rail in my pics above is a G&P one, and it's fine, nice clear optics. why Star's effort is so poor is beyond me.

(Oh, and I'm going to have the M100 spring replaced to bring the fps down to the 340-350 fps range, as 370 is too hot for the sites I play at. Will probably get a mosfet fitted at the same time.)

Edited by Hedganian