FINALLY! An Airsoft Kriss

Epyon

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking about prices more from the angle of... how much other GBB SMGs on the market cost nowadays. For example:

*list of ancient guns*

But how many of those are actually available anymore? And out of those that are available, how many are actually any good, especially on propane?

I say there's a huge black hole in the GBB SMG market, there simply aren't enough of them that won't explode on propane and/or run out of gas halfway through the mag.

Would I buy a $400 Kriss? No way.

A $150 Kriss? If it turns out to be the Hi-Capa of SMGs, sure why not.

personally Ive found every internal gas SMG out there to have been built down to those prices. Why aim for a mass market price for what is very much a niche market gun. Maybe they'll price it at the extreme low end of the AEG price chain like most gas SMGs with pretty shitey build materials et al, or maybe they'll price it at the VFC/real sword end of the AEG scale and build it out of decent materials that reflect the real deal. As yet we dont know.

if they can make it reliable..as in more reliable then my M11 then i will buy an AEG version and a GBB version...this gun has been making me drool for quite some time...i think its incredibly sexy...i want it black though....(thats what she said).....since i'm colorblind the gun looks like skin....but if they make it have a decent ROF, cheaper mags then the M11, and RELIABLE then i will pay premium....this gun is just what i need

Will they have the prototpye, or nearly finished product displayed at the shotshow? In the topic post its says the planned to release it at shotshow, but i dont find that to be realistic since they gave us a pic of the prototype. Are they already done with the final product or what???

personally Ive found every internal gas SMG out there to have been built down to those prices. Why aim for a mass market price for what is very much a niche market gun. Maybe they'll price it at the extreme low end of the AEG price chain like most gas SMGs with pretty shitey build materials et al, or maybe they'll price it at the VFC/real sword end of the AEG scale and build it out of decent materials that reflect the real deal. As yet we dont know.

Sure, if it follows the design philosophy of the RS AEGs (indestructible internals, real-steel externals), then $400 is a bargain.

But I'm not holding my breath. A worthwhile GBB SMG? No way that'll happen soon (unless the old version TMP gets cloned and optimized for propane use, + cheap mags = win).

Well, I hope they make two versions...gas is ###### in cold weather!

Maybe it'll have a built-in warmer for the gas - powered by batteries!

*That was supposed to be a really lame ironic joke but I think I would buy one in a heartbeat.*

Am I the only one that'd be about 1000 times more excited if this was an AEG/AEP?

I would definitely prefer electric. There's no way a full size gearbox design would fit though. The piston stroke would have to be shortened.

pretty sure there's quite a few gearbox possibilites if it were electric.

lots of empty space infront of the magwell for a batt too.

Not really

03.jpg

Trust me, if any current AEG gearbox would've fit, I'd have a Kriss AEG instead of an AEP.

Also note that the receiver on mine is already stretched 5/8" longer than it should be.

Archived