Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darthwhite

FCS Bristol

This is a short review (I wanted to be the first you see!) of the new Firefight Combat Simulations site, FCS Bristol – the Courthouse.

The site is right in the centre of Bristol, just outside the Broadmeads shopping centre, parking for those who do not live a ten minute walk away ( :D ) is just opposite in an NCP car park. The venue is a former magistrate’s courthouse, so it has all the usual amenities; courtrooms and jails. I can’t really comment on the character of the site as it’s not officially open at the time of writing! In usual FCS style the prelude event was a highly cool CQB training event, with instructors from Team Hassle, so my review is based on the site I saw at the event.

The site is a two story affair, the ground floor has two courtrooms and a few other little rooms running off a long central corridor. Underneath is a maze of jail cells accessed through either of the courtrooms, or by going outside and round into the building. The courtrooms should provide a mean as mean place for a firefight, as all the benches provide excellent hiding places. Underground are the old holding cells, which have a lot of little hiding places of their own, but should be relatively easy to take down with some decent co-ordination and teamwork.

Some of us who were on the training event gave the site a bit of a spin once the instructors had gone home with some pistol/limited ammo games, and the gameplay proved excellent; fast and furious, even though there were only about 8 people playing. For anyone who has played old-school night at Electroworks

Anyway, I’ll try to post up a better/more comprehensive review anon, so consider this more of a teaser!

Pics:

I see you went to the training going down, any more pictures looks good :)

too bad i had to save for the 14th otherwise i would have come though £100 was a bit high and i been on all the other training courses run by andy

with instructors from Team Hassle, so my review is based on the site I saw at the event.

Are you sure it was hassle i thought tony and el didnt go to this ?

sweet teaser looking forward to the full on review :)

Good, 'cos I'd hate to have dragged this CA870, MP5k, M11A1, M9 and a dozen or so various spare mags all the way to work today for nothing. :D

I'm going to be so happy if my MP5k passes the FCS chrono test, and I can dispense with all the "Plan B" weight on future visits. My shoulders are killing me.

Must say i have visited a total of 7 times (still have a free game voucher for the 8th visit).

Very good site, but due to it's size it is very quick to get used to but all the better to ambush the others when you know where to go.

I always took my 1911 / MEU to the nights i went and always had a ball at shooting it out with the other guys and regulars down there.

Great place if you are obssessed with GBB's like me and love a bit of a close in fight.

'FireKnife'

I played a private game here ( the head marshal and one of the other marshalls are members of our "brother" team), and I was blown away by the site. I didn't really get to experience how the site plays on a regular day, but the site itself is frankly, astonishing. It's tiny, but there's so much STUFF in it, it doesn't matter. They've put a lot of hard work into turning the upper level into something skirmishable, and completely and utterly succeeded. It's a bit confusing at first, especially in the gaol area ( I got lost and ended up behind the enemy at one point :S)

I am by no means a CQB player, but I loved the place. Can't recommend it enough, and I have no doubt in Ian and Mark's capabilities as marshals: The briefs they gave at our game were concise and clear, and if they can do the same at regular game days, then only the players can *fruitcage* it up!

Bit of a necro post (sorry for that) but have FCS Bristol got a website? I live in bath and was looking at trying a few more sites (GZ being my regular!)

Cheers

I don't very well but FCS Bristol is a connected company with Air-Soft.It is very huge retailer and suppliers for air gun and electric guns through web site.It's market level is high in network marketing.So,visit the FCS Bristol web site and get amazing experience for new things.

What on earth are you talking about, FCS no longer run the airsoft site in bristol so there is no such thing as "FCS bristol" anymore. I believe the site still runs with other people in charge, but both are game sites not retailers!

What on earth are you talking about, FCS no longer run the airsoft site in bristol so there is no such thing as "FCS bristol" anymore. I believe the site still runs with other people in charge, but both are game sites not retailers!

Grace Hood is a chinese spammer bo,t been posting chinglish spam all over the forum

Didn't know this was here, but i started playing back in feb, at Bristol Airsoft, and it's amazing, great fun night out, it's a blast running around with a shotgun. Except whac-a-mole. My legs hurt for days after.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.