What is your CQB pistol of choice?

Wingman

While many only use them as a back-up to their primary, I'm finding more and more shooters using their pistols as primary. I myself have gone this route several times with some positive results.

While I generally use a CYMA G18c AEP in this role (fitted with M3 light, rail system, red-dot holographic sight and hi-caps), I've also been using a KJW 1911A1, HFC G17 or a KSC M9 when temperatures allowed.

When using pistols as primary, I carry two. One on my tactical vest and the other in a thigh holster. Spare magazines are ususally carried on the vest as I find they are easier to get to. I'll carry a minimum of 4 spare magazines (6 for the 1911) for each of the gas pistols. For the AEP, I generally carry 4-6 hi-caps for the primary pistol and 6-8 standard mags for the back-up.

personaly i carry 2

a tm python nbb 6" revolver which is just fun and accurate and a speedloader for a reload

also a tm nbb m23 socom with 3 mags and the silencer on as standard and i vary between

the LAM unit on for night games where its not needed for a silly bright tourch

a tac light for silly power night games

just the silencer for day games

edit

i carry the socom and mags in a milspec m23 holster and the revolver in an old flectarn drop leg holster

I used to have 6 or 7 GBB's a couple of years ago. Sold all of them. My most used one was the TM M9 Tactical Master.

I'm now waiting for a TM G17 to arrive, with a Guarder Kit (complete with metal slide, original lower frame, enhanced recoil spring...) and I also have a brand new TM H&K MP7.

I will only be relying on those two as a sidekick.

Isn't it a little inconvenient to carry you r piston separatly :D

It is to give the opposing team a fair chance. I'm just to good a shot, so I have to limit myself. I don't install the piston before the opposing team start to engage my in a fire fight...

I don;t actually play enough CQC to post in this thread, but I do have an instance where I plan to use a pistol as a primary. I''ve got a Tm.Mk23 NBB, and I want to get one of those rail mounts that goes above the slide, and put a reflex sight on it, as well as a the supressor. I'd wear a ghille suit, and go do recon missions.

P226 on a right side drop holster (prime kit plus internals, 5 mags)

M4013 sidekick on a right side belt holster (prime kit plus internals, 3 mags)

2 x Detonics Combat Masters in the armpits of my plate carrier (SD metal kits, internals, 6 mags)

TMP, sometimes 2 x TMPs, 16 mags in a chest rig.

I like pistols.

2 x Detonics Combat Masters in the armpits of my plate carrier (SD metal kits, internals, 6 mags)

I like pistols.

Not all at the same time, right??

I tend to run a TM Glock 18c AEP ( tightbore , + nineball internals + TM Prolite) fitted with a TM Tracer unit for urban night games, only use 30 round mags (5 in total) as a primary

with an upgraded propane powered TM MK23 as an anti "teflon player" weapon... no silencer on the MK23 , for intimidation factor

(sounds like a canon in a small room at night compared with the AEP!)

Jim

P.s. stunt, shouldnt you be using a double allessi shoulder rig and a milt sparks "six pack"? LOL

Long live John Thomas Rourke!

TM Mk23, with silencer but no LAM-its been left in the operating theatre for about a year now. i'll get back on it next week when im home.

i try not to carry my WE 1911 cos its heavy....

"Heavy in good. Heavy is reliable. If it does not work, you can always hit him with it."

Thats why i dont carry it....!

I like pistols.

Not all at the same time, right??

Either all the pistols and one TMP or two TMPs but basically, yes.

It's the way forward.

"Heavy in good. Heavy is reliable. If it does not work, you can always hit him with it."

Snatch. :D

I can't say I've had much experience with different guns or actually playing airsoft in close quarters (I've got no place to play with organized matches near me), but I'm getting an Infinity soon and I think any of those would do well in CQC. BattlePriest seemed to think they were great (if not the best) for playing pistols only. If using a pistol as a primary in (airsoft) CQC, accuracy and FPS might be less important, but for outdoor use there seem to be little pistols as accurate (and with as high FPS) as a 6-inch Infinity, although SCW3 has a fixed hop-up and that doesn't seem desirable when you're trying shoot people with AEGs from high distances.

Archived