Body mounted suport gunners platform

cafemondo

• 1 month later...

Toska, no Ive not fired at the head and richocheted at myself, it is where I live, and it is very nice when its sunny, hardcore when its cold wet and bogging. thanks for the video comment, its sat in the shed unused, Im still waiting for offroad wheels, its also got another purpose coming up which Im very excited about.

Victory, the signs give it that sort of police look, incidentally I wanted to put a Police warning on it but there so hard to find.

So, back on topic, body mounted support platform. Prototypes just 5 minutes ago done, theres still lots of oversized and incorrect bolts and theres a ton of aluminium to carve out and refine but the prototypes finished and functions as far as Im concerened. Refining of the straping system and some padding here and there is going to be next.

Right side has extra spring tensioning for the m249, left side is for the sniper cradle.

gallery_40367_1366_8285.jpg

Shall I go and have a fashion parade and post some pics up or go to bed?

Yes, its a bit heavy, most of it is aluminium though but will need further cutting and modding. Heres some pics, uploading onto the tube at the moment so its a bit sloooow all round.

Looks like I can lay support on the one side and snipe with the other.

gallery_40367_1366_46528.jpg

Ideally two stripped down paras would be my ideal choice for the total chaos support this could bring. I can only afford one at the moment.

gallery_40367_1366_55313.jpg

gallery_40367_1366_79520.jpg

Youtube still processing

That's sweet I'd probably sh*t myself if i saw some one with that. Seems like your mobility would be greatly reduced with that but i suppose if you had 2 support guns on there who would need to move :D any way defiantly an original and cool project keep the updates coming :)

whoa, looks pretty cool, different, but cool.

and im sorry but i have to agree with plasticmag, you do look a big BDSM, but if i saw u walking up to me like that i wouldnt be likely to say it to ur face!

of course you could have saved urself a lot of time and money building the thing if u joined a gym, worked on them other "guns" and took some roids, ud be able to dual weild m249s no problem then :P

I know, BDSM's great isnt it :P

Cost so far has been steel/ali & bolts - £22, belt and gunbag - £14 = £36. Cheaper than roids! Time has been about 10-15 hours workshop, 10 hours running around finding bits and impossible to calculate the mental thinking time.

I used an old manweb engineers belt and the straps off one of those cheap ebay hk gunbags. Anyone got some suggestions on a well padded webbing system that I could modify to use instead?

Thanks to everyone who saw the vid, managed to get 4 honors for it that day, I did put it in the political ######s category though and for some reason BDSM looking dudes with machine guns get more hits than politicians. ha ha ha ha ha now thats a funny fact of life

I think it's be better that you type BDSM into google or wikipedia than have any of us explain it. DON'T DO IT AT WORK THOUGH!!

As for the platform I'd think it'd be more useful to use with a larger gun, to provide support for standing and firing. Something like a .30 cal or a M60. Other than that, good work.

Cafemondo: Tell me where you skirmish so I can make certain I'm on your side if I'm ever there! That rig is incredible, beyond my abililty to describe it with the superlatives I have ((Which are many and varied)).

I'd love to see it with a pair of M60s as previously suggested; imagine Animal Mother crossed with Vasquez! And as to the BDSM bit: give it more spikes and leather and I'd agree, however, now it just looks industrial, almost cyberpunk-esque. Tres cool!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived