US Army Load Outs

Sarge133

Alright, in light of the highly successful Marine load out thread I decided to make one for the US Army. Now this isn't going to be all ACU. I want this to be US Army from any era. I have been asked by alot of people to help them with their load outs so here they can post up their questions and get more than one persons ideas.

So, feel free to post pictures, talk about future loadout ideas. Get help with improving your kit, or just general Army talk.

Note: If this gets out of hand with the Anti-ACU when someone does post it (DarkLite, I'm looking your way) I will ask the mods to clean this up. I do not mind alittle Anti-ACU because it is bound to come with the camo, but nothing out of hand. Keep it civil and have fun.

I will post pictures up of my early ACU loadout once photobucket comes back up. And I will have newer pictures this weekend when my new M4 arrives.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's Army post it.

Here's my older but primairily the same loadout I use now that Photobucket is back up. I will be using the same rifle as in the pictures save for newer Aimpoint and a BUIS. Oh and I have issue boots now too.

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0048.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0049.jpg

I based mine off of Infantry/Airborne.

Edit: I hate how short those kneepads make me look.

I dunno if I'd even use the NVGs in that light, looks pretty bright. But I suppose at longer distances and in houses it would help.

BTW, where can I pick up one of those Lvl 5 Jackets while not being insanely high priced? I need something for in the winter.

I'm not totally sure he is a Ranger. Apart from him not having a Ranger tab or unit patch. Could be a SF implemented into the Ranger unit? Would explain the lack of unit markings and different non-SOP kit.

He could also be part of the testing units that are testing out MC in combat. Its not really a secret that the Army is ditching the ACU :P Our ROTC unit at school was given a rough estimate of 2012 before the first set of MC gets issued to troops in combat. Thats not that far off considering. (those of us US bound thats the term of one president! thats pretty short) Considering ACU's coloration anything is an improvement.

I've sent in a request to a bud I have in the sand right now for a kit list (if he is willing to provide it that is) of what he wears in combat. I expect to hear back from him probably in the next two days on what he wears.

A group that has returned from the sand recently told me that they all wore the Enhanced IBA's with every pad known to man kind on (thats the shoulder pads, groin pads, side pads, neck pads etc...) The OTV they wear has MOLLE covering just about every square inch and they try and get ACU OTV's if possible as apposed to CB.

I'll hit those guys up too and see what they ACTUALLY wear as thats just what I remember from our breif conversation :P

I dunno if I'd even use the NVGs in that light, looks pretty bright. But I suppose at longer distances and in houses it would help.

BTW, where can I pick up one of those Lvl 5 Jackets while not being insanely high priced? I need something for in the winter.

It may have been from this series of photos as well: 74299.jpg

I'm not totally sure he is a Ranger. Apart from him not having a Ranger tab or unit patch. Could be a SF implemented into the Ranger unit? Would explain the lack of unit markings and different non-SOP kit.

Ohhhh hahaha, when I saw those pics I was under the impression they were you and your teammates! My jaw was sitting tidily on the floor. Great pics though, I don't know much about the US army as I am into Marine loadouts instead, but I always liked army loadouts too. Anyone tell me what the regular army and the rangers use? I'm fairly sure of army using Interceptors in ACU, MICH2000's etc etc. But not sure about rangers.

Ohhhh hahaha, when I saw those pics I was under the impression they were you and your teammates! My jaw was sitting tidily on the floor. Great pics though, I don't know much about the US army as I am into Marine loadouts instead, but I always liked army loadouts too. Anyone tell me what the regular army and the rangers use? I'm fairly sure of army using Interceptors in ACU, MICH2000's etc etc. But not sure about rangers.

The Army is starting to issue

. I don't really know much about it, other than the fact that it's replacing the current OTV.

Jayala, a good start is:

ACU's

MICH 2000 (I think) painted in Tan

Eagle RRV with MBSS back plate or Eagle Plate Carrier w/ Cummerbund in Ranger Green.

Assorted pouches in Ranger Green

Desert Boots

M4/M249

I am currently looking for ranger green spray paint so I can buy repro gear in OD and paint it ranger green. Unfortunately, my pockets are not deep enough for real Eagle Industries gear.

Archived