US Army Load Outs

Sarge133

Nice pics man and be safe over there. How do those Caimans ride? I spent most of my time in the FP Cougar and 4X MRAPS. I always thought the Army's 4X Caimans looked top heavy as all hell. But I did dig the *suitcase* out of that hydraulic rear door.

Does anyone have any experience with the GEN III ECWCS stuff at all? I noticed the Level 4 stuff looks like the Patagonia Slingshot Level 4 jacket. I know the ACU LV4 ECWCS was made by Patagonia but not sure on the OCP stuff. I am asking because I managed to score a nicely priced Level 5 set and want to get the Level 4 for spring time games here and early fall but I am not cure what size to get. The Level 5 stuff fits like BDU's or has in every other LV5 set I have had and Large Regular was the name of the game for me. But the Patagonia Slingshot LV4 I have is sized smaller than MILSPEC standard as in a Large Slingshot fit more like a medium and an XL was more like a large. So anyway I guess my point is can any one confirm the fit of the OCP Level 4 top?

When we were doing Convoy Security (when I had my Caiman), they ride like Caddies... literally. Very smooth, even when going over crazy bumps. A nice ride, easy to maintain (not that I was doing any of that... nooooo), so much space in the back. The hydraulic doors are indeed awesome.

As to the fit of the ECWCS, it really depends what you're wearing it over. Towards the end of the deployment, it was getting cooler so I'd be wearing my Level 4 alot, especially on missions when I'm sticking my head out the turret, but I'd only wear my combat shirt underneath it, which was a good mix for me (as an M-R-sized guy).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to hide commo wire for an ach commo set. it's an archaic design feature that usually just takes up space.

Thanks for the info, that has been something I have wondered about for a while now..LOL.

Yeah, the jacket I wore was a M-R. Heck, that jacket was nice... really liked it.

Hmmm...okay then that sounds as if the sizing issues may have been exclusive to Patagonia's Slingshots then. Do you think you could have worn a level 2 grid fleece top comfortably under it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You also live nearby an Airbase according to your location. I'm sure there's a few American airsofters who would be willing to help you out with information.

Since I'm one of them, IOTVs are the standard for body armor, I believe PANTAC makes a decent replica in UCP, as well as MC if I recall currently. I'll edit in a link real quick.

EDIT

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Combat_Gear_Vests_Pantac_IOTV_Improved_Outer_Tactical_Vest_Medium_ACU.htm

There you go, I'm sure you can find one cheaper than that somewhere with some searching, you could most likely find a real one for that price to.

You also live nearby an Airbase according to your location. I'm sure there's a few American airsofters who would be willing to help you out with information.

Since I'm one of them, IOTVs are the standard for body armor, I believe PANTAC makes a decent replica in UCP, as well as MC if I recall currently. I'll edit in a link real quick.

EDIT

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Combat_Gear_Vests_Pantac_IOTV_Improved_Outer_Tactical_Vest_Medium_ACU.htm

There you go, I'm sure you can find one cheaper than that somewhere with some searching, you could most likely find a real one for that price to.

thanks for the info Kanian, I bought the pantac IOTV which in Italy is very cheaper than the link you posted, is at my home already and it's very nice stuff, here we go with pics:

2mqvjv8.jpgeqa45e.jpg

2vt46bn.jpg30t6k9i.jpg

p.s. do you play with anybody around Aviano?

Archived