US Army Load Outs

Sarge133

im looking at doing a light weight acu loadout (i currently run my acu with a maritime ciras - dont ask lol) but im finding the plate carrier a bit hot and very stiff. i was wondering what recommendations that are in fitting with current issue gear people have.

ive seen this:

http://news.soc.mil/RangerRendezvous%2007/...A-2599B-015.jpg

and wondered is it lighter and flexible enough to work? if so what is it?

also completely randomly as well does anyone know if usa troops working with the UN have been deployed in acu? ive looked and looked but to date found nothing as id be interested in seeing a un acu loadout

thanks

millest

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cut off fingers on nomex gloves? does that really help? i dont seem to have any problem with my trigger finger covered....

I've been wondering the same thing for a while, almost every RS picture of US ground forces using them seems to have the trigger finger cut off so there's gotta be a reason... Right? :P

Millest: It is the Eagle Industries RRV in Ranger Green. It is basically a chest rig, so yes, it will be much more flexible then your CIRAS. I have seen many pictures of Ranger franken-vests containing RRV front, MBSS back, and a cummerbund.

as its standard... id suggest yes...

The cut off fingers on nomex gloves? does that really help? i dont seem to have any problem with my trigger finger covered....

It's retarted, if your wearing NOMEX gloves then you think there is a reasonable suspicion that you are going to get burned and that is plain retarted to make a flame resistant glove pointless by taking off the finger.

chillindrdude, nice target on your head..LOL. Always shoot for the light..:) but nice loadout.

In some of those pics of the RANGERS you see RANGER Green PACA's.

The Army should have spent the money, saved the lives and bought multicam

Multicam is better than ACU but is still not that great, also if they had MULTICAM it would not have made much difference, the ARMY has lost the lives it has lost due to bad SOP's, haveing the most personel in country, trying to manage the most hostile and turbulant AO in the country, and to IED blasts. It has absolutely nothing to due with what camo they are wearing. As far as I have seen Multicam will burn off of a body just as quick as ACU will after a 5000 pound bomb goes off underneath a poorly armored vehicle.

That was the most ignorant statement I have ever read and is just plain asinine. If the Army had to spend more money it would have been on better armored vehicles, not some gucciflauge ######. Sometimes Airsofters amaze me, Multicam or ACU in IRAQ makes no difference and in the middle of a desert with no cover and or concelment to speak of...what camo you are wearing is failry irrelevant in that situation and in vehicles.

Yes true..buyt lets say the army is in conflict in a jungle/temperate climate enxt thats when the camofluage will start taking lives...right now tho camo aint gonna have much to do with it...as insurgents wait till you are right at them, or they attack the vehicles....

if anything, acu is fairly good for deserts....

As it has been said. What claims lives, is ieds and ambushes... plates dont stop explosives, and even when they do, the pressure is the killer, not always shrapnell or literally being blown up....

the modified humvees arent suitable for the job, thier not apcs.... Iraq is the new vietnam, and tbh, the only way to reduce the loss of life, is pulling out... Its not a winable situation...

I truely feel for the service men and women out there doing thier job with poor kit... and lets face it, they ahvent got the best stuff... and no camoflage will help....

Reaper16: i dont see your problem with ca ar15s ala your sig...

I love mine ^_^

Multicam is better than ACU but is still not that great, also if they had MULTICAM it would not have made much difference, the ARMY has lost the lives it has lost due to bad SOP's, haveing the most personel in country, trying to manage the most hostile and turbulant AO in the country, and to IED blasts. It has absolutely nothing to due with what camo they are wearing. As far as I have seen Multicam will burn off of a body just as quick as ACU will after a 5000 pound bomb goes off underneath a poorly armored vehicle.

That was the most ignorant statement I have ever read and is just plain asinine. If the Army had to spend more money it would have been on better armored vehicles, not some gucciflauge ######. Sometimes Airsofters amaze me, Multicam or ACU in IRAQ makes no difference and in the middle of a desert with no cover and or concelment to speak of...what camo you are wearing is failry irrelevant in that situation and in vehicles.

You have no idea how good it makes me feel that I'm not wading through the stupid on my own. Listen to this man, he does this for real.

greener? as in greener desert?

because everyone who uses it in temperate woodland here in the uk looks like right muppets...

QFT. ACU works NOWHERE in the UK, not even in Urban... it made me chuckle when one of the guys in Multicam at Longmoor said to the one of the ACU chaps " Don't worry mate, we'll show you the ONLY building in the UK where your camo works", and it was true. Never seen it work anywhere else :P

Back on topic, I was chatting to two US Army guys ( or rather, one guy who was just leaving ) and he says they are switching to MC in 2010! What the hell?! Spend all that money on getting ACU'd up to the nines, then switch four years later?!

I'd actually like to see some more regular US Army loadouts even though I don't like the camo, everyone seems to obssessed with SF/Rangers etc...

Back on topic, I was chatting to two US Army guys ( or rather, one guy who was just leaving ) and he says they are switching to MC in 2010! What the hell?! Spend all that money on getting ACU'd up to the nines, then switch four years later?!

I'd actually like to see some more regular US Army loadouts even though I don't like the camo, everyone seems to obssessed with SF/Rangers etc...

Because two fresh Army infantrymen would know. Anyone who says they know when the Army is going to start issuing multicam is severly misinformed or just lying.

Archived