Real World Sniper Pics

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Gadge: you cant apply conventional wisdom to a modern, urban counter insurgency. When i was in Iraq, 9 times out of 10 the best positions for sniper pairs were on rooftops, most of which are completely surrounded by unbroken walls of some kind. Short of kicking a portion of wall down (which works wonders for hearts and minds) the best fire position is on top of the wall.

Not to be an *albartroth* but isn't this what the situation would call for, or is a hole int' wall a more permanent solution for a OP?

2b6d4600.jpg

That sort of thing ( the hole from which to shoot from) looks like it'd only be useful if you know where the threat is coming from, and narrows your field of view considerably. Darkchild probably has a clue about this sort of stuff as well :P

Only places I've seen pictures/videos of people sniping from in Iraq/A'stan is on top of buildings or inside the buildings, out of windows whatnot, but that's normally in particullarly vicious firefights where the sniper is firing at targets which are most definetely shooting back.

As a trained sniper i wouldnt use a hole like that to shoot from as it severely restricts your arcs. I would use it as an aperture for an OP though, it would be perfect for reporting on a static enemy position.

But SOPs vary from nation to nation, so my opinion isnt necessarily right.

Darkchild

• 3 weeks later...