1970's U.N.I.T. uniform

rhino

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gadge, There is a bloke with a makert stall on the "Moor" shopping area. He knows how to charge, as he also knows how to string a yarn together. Having been to his stall a few times while I've been down that way I have heard he was, at varying times In the regiment, Det, Hells Angles and MET. He also has some very random stuff like studded vanbraces and greeves.

Ah right...

Well we went to langtons and the majority of it we just wandered around freely, one dealer had a locked area that we were let into (as he was away) but to be honest there was nothing that interesting in there. In the other bits i managed to nab myself

Full set of 60 pat as mentioned (the bonus was finding a mint condition hood in the poachers pocket), a mint 68 pattern smock, 44 pattern mug and bottle, 58 pattern water bottle pouch and about £20 (as in equivalent value today) of 1940s dated currency for about £2!

Then we popped up to JJs for a cup of tea where I got a pair of 68 pattern trousers to match the smock.

Bargains galore that day!

• 10 months later...

right, know this is a bit of a necro post but thought i'd just add this ;)

as everyone knows getting ahold of a 1960's patt OG jacket/smock is quite hard, so i happened to call to an army surplus store not far from me and sourced myself a cheap M65 US style jacket. I know it's not 100% authentic, but i think it's a closer look than the old green jacket i used to have (plus i managed to get another SAS tan beret - which fits better than the old one ;) )

pics:-

rhinoUNIT001.jpg

rhinoUNIT003.jpg

rhinoUNIT002.jpg

(my war-face ^_^ - or have i seen an alien menace beyond the curtains? :P )

would like an opinion as to how it goes with the rest of the outfit :)

That last one is very Dr-Who authentic, but sadly can only be followed by a gruesome yet clunky slow motion death

Which is better than the cheesey 'sound of a old mobile phone and the cheapest digital effects going' deaths that the present Doctor Who has.

But to rhino, bloody good show.

'FireKnife'

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm currently kicking around the idea of a U.N.I.T rig combining elements of both old and new. the current idea is the red beret with the new insignia and the old main badge with the green m65 ala our dead colleague and carry non standard weapons to give a post invasion militia feel to my kit. plus a few funky props and I think i can pull this off, thanks for the inspiration.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived