1970's U.N.I.T. uniform

rhino

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

roight.

Thinking UNIT's got to have different military branches within it (security, covert ops, damage control, Off World assault, plus regular soldier types)

So, modern day Unit types could have a variety of looks... trick is to keep them looking like a cohesive group...

May have to start my own thread on this one at lunchtime. Time to do some research and purchasing, methinks- All input, as always, is most welcome

Have to say, as a taster, I'm thinking of steering past the obvious choices for main firearm (armalite, G36) and going for the AUG or FAMAS (ooh, maybe SIG)...though a HK53 would be equally cool, if impractical... sidearm possibly the M93r (whorl, its manly, ain't it? looks mildly futuristic and has burst function which, as everyone should be aware, scares cybermen good and proper- makes them widdle their shiny metal britches, so it does...)

Anyway, enough of this-

To the the HarryCave!

If it's any help Harry, in the Doc Who story battlefield they seemed to use Steyr AUG's if that's any use to you (story was set at the time slightly in the future - 90's i think) so that's a possible option.

What beret would you be going for? (seems to be the canon in the UNIT universe for some type of beret to be worn as standard) or would you dispense with that and have something like a helmet?

Thanks Rhino- was aware of the aug mils, but was thinking of aug civs. Having said that, the g36 is proably the more "realistic" option due to its modular design, fact its made by HK, has gren launchers and options of scopes, red-dots or rails, fact its made by HK, occasionally turns up in british police units and the like, fact its made by HK...

actually thinking of beret or helmet as standard- would be nice to keep the guards-style beret from the original, but my concern there is getting the rest of the gear to look cohesive...

hmm, am having a thought re: guards beret, black wooly-pully and S95 trousers... not sure what tac gear would go with that, though... probably something simple and webbing-based...

will do some window-shopping in a bit and see what leaps out at me.

hmm... Tell you what, start up a new thread on this. I've got a black wooly pully somewhere and some DPM camo trousers (plus the SAS beret) i'll get some photos mocked up and see what can be done from there.

Been mulling this over the weekend... Would i get away with using a FAL as part of the loadout (i know the L1A1 SLR was the british variant used circa the period) It's just in case i can't sell both my kidneys in time to get a KA or STAR L1A1 ;)

Took a few new pics with the jacket (not 100% happy with it, but it's an extra option i can use if it's raining ;) )

Comparison

Old pic

UNITsgt004.jpg

and new pic

UNITsgt011.jpg

and a few others...

UNITsgt015.jpg

UNITsgt013.jpg

UNITsgt018.jpg

enjoy :D

• 2 months later...
Took a few new pics with the jacket (not 100% happy with it, but it's an extra option i can use if it's raining ;) )

Comparison

Old pic

Snippage

and new pic

UNITsgt011.jpg

and a few others...

snippage

enjoy :D

With the moustache you are starting to resemble Nicolas Courtney, the Brigadier.

Great look!!

• 1 year later...

I didnt see any other 60 pattern there btw guys it was a one off on the rail, i was just gobsmacked it was so cheap.

Langtons is an antique house rather than a surplus store so they tend to have very random stock and rarely two of anything.

Archived