Western arm 1911s

Mr.Hyde

Hello,

Upon doing some research on these amazing/collectors pieces, I am interested in buying one myself. But I would like to be able to take it to a game and use it without problems. Now I know TM make a really nice 1911a1 (right?), but the western arms are better when upgraded?

I really have no clue, and the reason I am asking on here is because I want an up-to-date answer. I know captain hat uses 1911 prokillers and a few others, so any info on those would be nice. Also june last year WA brought out a 1911 hardballer, the one that was used in terminator, I really like that one.

But really help me out as I have no idea about these guns.

If you don't want to spend to much but still want reliability I would go for the TM models. Even the stock ABS slides are solid and durable and can usually handle green gas. TM guns are reliable too and if you drop it or something at least you won't have to spend that much to get it fixed. There are also lots of after market parts so you can get a metal slide, body, etc.

WA guns are also really nice if you don't mind shelling out the extra dough for it. They have a nice kick and are reliable too. I would go with what you like and how much your willing to spend. Because they're all pretty good.

I dig WA guns. I'm really not too sure what people mean when they say skirmish-friendly when referring to TM guns, the WA guns work just fine. It's not like pistols are really designed to shoot extended ranges, so at practical ranges (pistol ranges) I find the WA to work just as well as the TM. You have to define better when upgraded; range, kick, etc.? I personally found both the WA and TM guns to have fairly similar performance, except WA has better finish and smoothness in operation. However, the latest WA guns, the SCW 3 guns, along with their cheaper Magnatechs, seem to have a lower quality than the previous incarnations. My advice would be to find a Magna or SCW 2 gun.

Having owned a TM 1911 and now owning a WA Kimber Warrior, I would say they both performed similarly. I do like the finish and operation of the WA 1911.

I had both using green gas, the TM 1911 worked flawlessly, and I put a metal slide on it. On my WA 1911, I did have trouble with the slide not cycling after 8 months of hard use, but a new recoil spring seems to have fixed it.

I would say go for the TM, they are very nice base guns to work with. However, if you don't mind the price, the WA is a very nice as well.

Archived