SIG 552 Selector area question

Wege

hi there.

This item circled in red.

How does it come off of the receiver?

Is it able to be repositioned to block the exterior switch from moving to the '20'/Fully Automatic at all?

Thanks.

PS -Oh yes.. to forestall the "WHY!?" questions.. take note of which country I am from.

Thanks

post-11-1202697749_thumb.jpg

Righto..

so then.. if that is the case.. the only way to mod this to Semi would be to completely strip it down, move the selector to Semi.. and then block/drill/something to prevent the selector from moving to the FA position?

stealthbomber, thanks for that. Wege, sorry for somewhat hijacking your thread. as this was related to the sig 552, i saw no harm in asking the question and out of courtesy i gestured to not be an *albatross* and go off topic. i mean this is a forum where we're all trying to learn more man, no need to freak out brotha

To lock out full auto you can usually cut the selector plate down so it doesn't block the cut off when its in auto or you could put a short screw into the receiver although I don't think you'd be able to import one without it done either way wege, you should check with customs, I seem to recall being told by a kiwi in the past that only guns built specifically as semi auto like the psg or some versions of the sr25 are allowed.

The bushing/bearings are 6mm.

Wege.. unfortunately just blocking the selector from moving would not be enough. You'll have to chop the selector so it can not move the cutoff leaver out of the way. It really is the easiest and quickest way to semi it, and with a V3 causes no nasty side effects like with the V2 (and that *suitcasey* little cutoff leaver return spring).

Archived