It doesn't look like Begadi ships to the US :(

Darn, those chest rigs looked nice too.

I'd be really surprised if they didn't, might be worth dropping them an e-mail to query that; afterall there are such easy shipping links between the US and Germany.

If you want chest rigs then I'd advise looking for stuff manufactured by either SORD or Plat-a-tac, as kit from these manufacturers is widely used. SORD's website even has a load of pics of their kit in use in Afghanistan, Iraq and East Timor so is perfect for giving you some guidance on loadouts.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING!!!!!

I'm pretty sure you guys interested in Australian stuff scan ebay on a regular basis for nice bits and pieces.

Please be aware that there is a body armour cover currently listed by a guy from HK.

The cover is not fake, but I got word this morning that the seller isn't in possession of the article and has never possessed the one he is offering in the auction and in the picture.

Anyone seeking more info on this pls. pm me.

Ebay article# : 320344878336

BTW. the same guy is also offering a chopper pilot armour vest....this one is a fake. The real deal ones have a camoflage inside lining and tan shoulderstraps not oliv greens.

I bought fakes before and when I found out it was very frustrating, so from my best knowledge I'd like to prevent anyone from this experiance.

@ Moderators: I'm not intending to harm the seller but like already stated prevent others from being cheated and maybe loose their hard earned money.

although considered for the australian scrub, DPCU works absolutly perfect in the mid-european woods.

Had a game in Belgium were 2 guys nearly stepped on me while lying in the open grassland.

Definitely agree :) ! These two pics were taken of 1RAR at Cooperative Key '08 held in Germany, and show just how well DPCU works with mid-European vegetation.

1RARatCooperativeSpirit085.jpg

1RARatCooperativeSpirit086.jpg

EBB now carries an AUSCAM replica. I can't speak on it authenticity, but it looks like proper AUSCAM.

Also, these folks sell an AUSCAM uniform set. I haven't been able to find out where they are located, but they have a U.S. phone number... but they also have an Aussie and UK number too.

@sekiryu: The South African Assault Vest was broadly used among Diggers in the beginning of the East Timor campaign.

Like Danke stated check Plat-A-Tac. Other stores could be SORD or SAS Equipment.

If you like a DPDU custom made vest let me know, have one for sale.

I forgot to mention that I don't really want to spend more than $80 USD :P The South African Assault vests I saw were in my price range.

Haunt eBay & your local forums, stuff turns up fairly cheap used. I wound up with a shirt, pants, hat, and vest for under $200. The only weird thing about the vest is that when veiwed with NVGs the camo pattern vanishes, but it's OK for airsoft.

The only vests I could find on Ebay were the South African rigs.

You've got to haunt it like a trap door spider.

The ideal though is to find that person the same size as you who's already done all the work and is changing their loadout.

You can easily use a OD rig for a Auscam setup. My bro in law was in the 2nd RAR and was accepted for SAS trials right before he broke his back in a jump, oddly enough a screwed up back is the reason I was rejected from the ADF. He apparently purchased his own OD rig for his saw. Generally consensus that you can buy and use the gear you want, as long as your in the issued BDU's.

You can easily use a OD rig for a Auscam setup. My bro in law was in the 2nd RAR and was accepted for SAS trials right before he broke his back in a jump, oddly enough a screwed up back is the reason I was rejected from the ADF. He apparently purchased his own OD rig for his saw. Generally consensus that you can buy and use the gear you want, as long as your in the issued BDU's.

I heard the same from a guy in the australian forces. Word is the issued Land125 gear is rubbish as well, so private purchase is even more frequent.

sorry Cpt, but your helmet cover causes eye-cancer to me :P

@sekuryi: you should be fine with you green rig, no worries. Save up some money before spending it on some doggy stuff and later on get yourself a decent vest/ rig.

@Danke: thanks for share this pic. Didn't know that Diggers attached to other countries' forces would also wear their camo pattern.

Well, i´m working on my loadout for greenside op´s and i wanted to know your opinion.

The basic kitlist is that:

- DPCU/DPDU

- Shemag/Gingle hat in DPCU/DPDU

- Platatac Peacemaker MkIII in DPCU

- King Arms molle belt in OD

- Bushmaster M4 with ACOG + Docter (i think i´ve seen some photos of 4th rar and sasr using it, instead the elcan)

- OD Nomex Flight Gloves

- ESS ICE 2.4

- Cavalvy Bowman

- PRC-148 Repro

- PRC-77 Repro (i know it´s VN era, but it will go in the backpack, away from sights, hahahaha, and do the job for squad radio with the handset and the blade antenna)

- For a time, MAGNUM AMAZON in TAN, but later i´ll hope to put my hands on a pair of bates M9 desert assault, altama ExoSpeed or adidas GSG-9 Gen II (if adidas decide to make it on tan)

And for the 3rd line, one of this packs:

- SORD Strike pack

- Platatac SPUR MSM MODULAR PACK

- Platatac Charlie Combat Pack

- Platatac RAID 72 Hour pack

All of them in khaki, of course!

Thanks in advance