• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked up two parcels from customs this week adding some nice bits'n pieces to my collection

mardel%20re.jpg

List from left to right:

Wet weather trousers

DPCU tanker overall

3rd pat DPDU short brim boonie hat

1999 aussie issued 3-colour Enemycam incl. pants, shirt, large & short brim bonie hat

2005 issued new style bush hat (lying on the wet weather pants)

E-tool cover

compass pouch

2005 issued new style bush hat still packed with NSN label

large brim bush hat

September 2001 issued field folder

some stickers and patches

some aftermarket molle pouches (Sord and Platatac)

bnp%20re.jpg

Close-up of the 2005 issued Bush hat

DPCU%20Bushhat%20re.jpg

Enjoy and feel free to ask

the bush hat was a swap deal with a mate of mine. And the enemycam was offered to me from a fellow collector.

Will post close-ups tomorrow.

Maybe I should start taking photos of everything I have in my collection and put the pics on my website.. :D

I've seen the suspenders on ebay, but I'd like to have a reliable place to buy more than just one mag pouch.

http://www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au/

if i remember right these guys do ship state side.

they should have some PLCE pouches to help you out.

Edited by Bondisthespy
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Seeing as you're wearing DPCU and not DPDU I'd say more likely to be East Timor, or maybe even Afghanistan. Good pic nonetheless.

Well, many of the pictures I've looked at is all mix of DPCU and DPDU :) And those are the official pictures at defence.gov.au :)

Red zone, green zone :P I'm not 100% on the terms, heard they said green zone on Ross Kemp in Afghanistan :P Thought they were just terms that mean, Red=hostile Green= Not so hostile. :)

Seeing as you're wearing DPCU and not DPDU I'd say more likely to be East Timor, or maybe even Afghanistan. Good pic nonetheless.

Thanks!

Many of the pictures I've looked at is all mix of DPCU and DPDU :) And those are the official pictures at defence.gov.au :)

Red zone, green zone :P I'm not 100% on the terms, heard they said green zone on Ross Kemp in Afghanistan :P Thought they were just terms that mean, Red=hostile Green= Not so hostile. :)

From what I've read and heard the term Green Zone is generally used by British forces, and refers to the area bordering the Helmand River which is the most fertile strip of land with the Helmand Province, and therefore lush with vegetation. Ironically, unlike Iraq where the Green Zone was relatively safe; IMO I'd say that in Helmand just the opposite it true.

Not sure whether the Aussies use the same terminology (red/green zone), but I certainly know that the pics I've seen of their PRT personnel feature wooded/green areas.

Finally found some time to take a pic of my latest addition to my aussie collection:

Crazy Wallaby Collection proudly presents: :bleh:

Patches.jpg

70 genuine aussie patches from the MEAO (Middle Eastern Area of Operation)

The bottom row is the goodie toss-in from the seller. :punk:

I'm pretty sure that patches 4+5 form the top in the very right colum are US patches which some Aussie was attached to.

If my wife ever finds out how much I paid for the I'm DEAD!!!!!!!! :rocket::bam::butcher::innocent:

@ketix...well, so far no one came up with a full-velcro uniform, so I thought this might be a nice idea :rofl::D

Infact I turned more to the collectors side than the airsoft one and was lucky a mate of mine wanted to sell his collection. So I took the chance and grabbed it.

Talked to him last night and he promised to get me another green subdued australian flag patch.

If you take a look at the one in the very bottom row you find it being a reverse one. These sets very made for SASR in Iraq.

As for the rest of the patches I found out that most of them are not approved/ official ones made in-country at the tailor shops around the bases upon request of the units deployed.