Part 1

This was sort of an on the whim purchase. I liked the look of the gun and the blow-back feature interested me. It was purchased from WGC for $418.00 plus shipping.

DSC_0127.jpg

The box it came in was for a VFC AK74, I'm not sure why they did this. It's possible the gun is so new, VFC has not created an AIMS box. In the box you will find the gun, a 600 round mag, instructions for an AK74 and a two page instruction insert with AIMS specific instuctions.

What you get in the box.

The guns external build is of the usual VFC high quality. The body finish is very similar to their AK74 series guns.

As compared to VFC AK74U

DSC_0142.jpg

The stock is all steel as is the locking mechanism. The stock locks solid in either the up or closed postion.

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

Hop-up is accessed by pulling the charging handle back.

DSC_0139.jpg

Markings on the selector lever.

DSC_0141.jpg

Sights are steel and fully adjustable.

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

Markings on the left side of the weapon.

DSC_0135.jpg

Edited by nachostheclown
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 2

The gun takes a standard 8.4 volt stick type battery. The battery compartment is the standard folding stock type, accessed by removing the dust cover. It uses a standard car fuse, like other VFC models.

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

Muzzle brake is screwed on and then held in place by a spring loaded pin.

DSC_0140.jpg

Size comparison with M4

DSC_0130.jpg

Now onto the blow-back feature. It's with out a doubt a neat feature. I did however noticed that in semi the bolt would bind up and I would have to take pressure off the return spring and fire a round to get it to cycle again. I have not attempted to take apart the gearbox and really figure out how it works. In the attached video you will see how the bolt is run off the gearbox. You'll notice that when the piston does not make a full revolution the bolt does not return to battery. The 2 page instruction insert says that if you attempt to use a 9.6 or higher the bolt will automatically disconnect. Don't know if I believe that. Excuse the large battery and the jury rig, I did not have a stick charged.

th_MOV02784.jpg

As far as how does it shoot. That will have to wait till this weekend for a true test. I'll update the review after I get some time with the gun.

DSC_0129.jpg

Finally a AIMs review! A great pics, love the top to bottom comparion with a PTW. Both seem so awesome. No doubt this is the best AK on the market right now.

You know after disabling the blowback, would the bolt be able to be pulled back as much as the original VFC Ak74s?

... The 2 page instruction insert says that if you attempt to use a 9.6 or higher the bolt will automatically disconnect. Don't know if I believe that. Excuse the large battery and the jury rig, I did not have a stick charged.

That is false :P I know that and I don't even have it.

This is because on this video:

If you pause it at the right time, you can read on the battery "11.1v 1400mah" and the blowback still works :)

Chrissy

That is false :P I know that and I don't even have it.

This is because on this video:

If you pause it at the right time, you can read on the battery "11.1v 1400mah" and the blowback still works :)

Chrissy

It may also be the Engrish. They could mean your supposed to disconnect it when using a 9.6. The insert is not exactly a master piece of the English language.

What a fantastic gun! The sound is..metalic when fired and is very loud. Definitely would agree with the mag problem. Very sloppy, doesn't feed well at all tbh. Really accurate. Extremely pleased with my purchase :)

Check out the review database in a couple of days for a full review from me.

Chrissy

have to agree with what other have said had the aims for about 2/3 weeks know got it out itto the field with weekend for the first time, the sound of the blowback is crisp and does make a differnace even the vibration in the body does make a differance which you notice if you go back to a normal aeg.

You can run it on a 9.6v but from my trial i would not recommend it, i experianced what i can only call a number of lock up and 2 blown fuses in about 2 hours, where as 8.4vs ran fine with no issues and the nice slower rof withteh blowback sounds rather nice (well to me anyway)

bad, worse than other experiences i do not like high caps normaly but i liked the look of the ak47 mag (i only have ak74 mid caps atm) so i just went with it, it lasted about 1 hour and i gave up with it, its very loss in the well does not seem to sit correctly and can easily come loss and drop out.

bit hard to explain but the mag seems a bit small, a small amount of pressure on the bottem of the mag or even from running makes the mag pop out like bellow.

88716400001rs8.jpg

88716410001bn8.jpg

Edited by Puding

After a bit of use it gets worse there seems to only be a small lip there and its easy to where th mag down to a level that it will drop out, i have not had any problem my mag ak74 mags they fit and feed perfectly, also my vfc ak74 mags also work perfectly.

Edited by Puding