if i buy this you think i should just order TM or G&P mags right away?

I have not tested either of those brands so I can't say. The VFC AK74 midcaps I have work perfectly as do the CA mags I have. Maybe we just got a bad batch of mags. The gun itself is amazing, so don't let a bad mag deter you.

Edited by nachostheclown
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mag and vfc work fine, where as my star midcaps needed me to add about 1mm of packing to the mag catch to get them to feed well, there the only 3 brands i have access to at the moment, but the mag is the main sticking point im still ###### that vfc have not done a midcap for this :(

dosen't MAG make a cheap plastic mid cap for AKs?

I've got some plub G&Ps also and they feed fine for me, although two of them I had to take them down and "straighten" the springs.

I had taken a bamboo chopstick and loaded the spring on it, clamped it, let it sit over night and reassembled the mag. That two I had to do that too fed fine after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for you guys.

There's a prototype photo of the VFC AIMS foregrip showing off a slot designed for a lipo battery to fit into it.

Do the production guns have this slot?

If so, anyone wired the gun to the front?

Sorry for the double-post, couldn't edit. :(

Question here:

You can run it on a 9.6v but from my trial i would not recommend it, i experianced what i can only call a number of lock up and 2 blown fuses in about 2 hours, where as 8.4vs ran fine with no issues and the nice slower rof withteh blowback sounds rather nice (well to me anyway)

Yep, and its safe to use a 9.6v with the paperclip in too. I fired 5,000 rounds last night with a 9.6v purposely to test it and its still going with no problems. :)

What's the verdict? I was considering tossing in an upgraded spring (probably a Guarder SP100) without any other upgrades, and figured that a 9.6V would be best to power it. Unless, of course, the stock performance is good enough to warrant bypassing any internal modifications. So, any input on effective range and accuracy?

Current shopping list, feel free to toss in any suggestions:

VFC AIMS

MAG AKM 100rd midcap 5pk

CA AK47 600rd hicap

9.6V 1400mAh Intellect NiMH stick batt. x2

Guarder SP100

What's the verdict? I was considering tossing in an upgraded spring (probably a Guarder SP100) without any other upgrades, and figured that a 9.6V would be best to power it. Unless, of course, the stock performance is good enough to warrant bypassing any internal modifications. So, any input on effective range and accuracy?

I wish I could give you a better after action report on the gun, but I'm from Buffalo NY and it's cold and snowy. I have only used it in one indoor game but it worked flawlessly. I'm running an 8.4 and it seems to have what I consider a decent ROF. As far as accuracy I'd say it's on par with most mid priced AEGs. I have no plans to upgrade it unless something breaks.

My guns don't always get a lot use. As you can see in this pic it has a lot of friends.

DSC_0168-1.jpg

Intellects arn't bad, but Elite Celled Batteries ROCK! I had a 9.6 volt 2000 Mah, and it makes my CA M14 beastly. You can get a custom battery pack built with them from www.cheapbatterypacks.com. That's where I get mine and I highly recomend them. They say "Elite" on the side of them and have bad *albatross* artwork on the side.

DP

My God... I don't think I've ever said this before, but I want your garage.

/offtopic

Anyone used this thing at longer ranges?

Ard, i took my VFC AIMS, loaded it up with some .25's and proceeded to destroy some targets at 125+ feet. The hopup unit is as consistent as they come and quite frankly, for a quarter of the cost i have a gun that performs better than my PTW's (which doesnt say all that much).

If you're looking for a gun for long range shooting then the VFC AIMS or any full sized VFC ak for that matter wont disappoint.

Ive been an ar15 user for the past ten years and i JUST got my first AK yesterday. Suffice to say, im extremely pleased with the rifle.

I tested out the VFC AIMS last night. I was very impressed, especially after a side by side comparison with the new TM AK74M. The TM AK74M just didn't feel nearly as rigid as the VFC AIMS does. Plus, the Bolt Blow Back System on the VFC was bad *albatross*. Sold me on getting a VFC AK74M!

Um, i just recently installed a rail system that well...doesnt really fit onto the AIMS but i made it fit.

Long story short, the hammer slipped a few times and i ended up bashing quite a few parts of the gun rather...hard.

The gun didnt even get marked. If i had tried to hamfist the same kind of install job onto my PTW the damn piece of ###### gun would have exploded, literally.

I cannot tell you how nice it is to hold a gun that FINALLY feels like a real gun. I cant wait to skirmish with my modified AIMS this weekend and beat the everliving snot out of it.

ARD, dont sweat it man, VFC is putting out some very good looking mechboxes these days and a simple sp100 spring upgrade really shouldnt tax anything in the box.

Man, i hope you get one, i think you're really going to like it. IF the AK platform suits me i think ill be saying good bye to my PTW's.

EDIT:

Hey guys, i forgot to ask something. Im a total noob to the AK platform but i am at least aware of the fact that some AK receivers feature tangs upon which the stocks are mounted. What kind of tangs does the AIMS have? I was looking at putting a different stock on the gun but it doesnt look like its got traditional tangs like a milled AK47 receiver. Is this the case?

Edited by Magsz