• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Magsz, thanks for the info...

I think I´m getting a Tanio Koba 459 barrel. I plan on keeping the AIMS stock, and those give awesome precision for the 330/340 fps with a guarder bucking and a v-hop.

Edited by Kretschmer

May aswell ask here to =/

Anyone know any Midcaps that feed good for the VFC AIMS? I have STAR 105 rounders and they feed horrible. I have to hold the mag up in the magwell to make it fire. I heard MAG Midcaps are good, and the M4 ones I have are great.

I aslo, what kind of MAG Midcap would be accurate for the AIMS? They dont have the normal ones for some reason.

After reading this review sometime last week I spent the money and now have a VFC AIMS on the way...last time Im leaving myself with more than three dollars. Anyways, a few questions.

1. How the accuracy? Is it like a stock TM ak or say a CA m15, meaning is it consistent and skirmishable out of the box? Is the hop up a copy of TM or is it totally different. Hows the stock bucking and barrel?

2. Does the selector switch click into place firmly or is it "smushy".

3. Is the receiver cover wobbly? I read a review complaining that.

4. I have a inokatsu ak-74N kit waiting for internals, if I put the ino handguards, muzzle break, and pistol grip would it be full of win or fail?

anything else I should know about the gun?

1. The hopup is fantastic in its stock configuration. The gun is consistent as hell, its very similar to a TM AK in consistency except it shoots 350 out of the box.

2. The selector is very positive and if it comes a little loose from the factory its very easy to tighten.

3. The receiver cover does rattle a little bit but after increasing the spring tension its fine. Also, my receiver cover did NOT rattle with the stock mechbox. It only began rattling after i put an aftermarket box into the gun so most VFC AIMS will not rattle. I have four samples here and none of them rattle.

4. Shrug, if thats what you like...fine, otherwise im going to say keep the gun stock, its awesome.

K got my AIMS,

the selector from the factory was very nice, positively clicks into place and reminds me of a real AK.

My receiver cover rattles but I fixed that with tape, as does the bottom handguard also fixed.

Mag sucks alot. Fixable.

My front site arrived bent to the right; I tried to fix it by hammering out pins but that didnt work so I hit it with a hammer and that did it. It still moves if you nudge it, but it isnt loose. Im just gonna throw a cyma scope mount or cobra if I can find one on and call it good.

Gearbox sounds good; quite loud.

Hopup out of the box was crazy but I think its bedding in, later I got really good groupings.

Everything else Im going to call good.

Im not sure if they anodize these things but its the best coating Ive ever seen on an airsoft gun. Its been hit by a hammer and you cant tell, absolutely amazing.

All of the AIMS that i received had bent front sights, im not sure why.

I smashed mine back into place with a hammer and there wasnt even a single mark on the gun.

Oddly enough there are some swirl marks on my receiver so im not entirely sure what kind of coating is on the gun. If it IS anodizing ive never seen swirl marks present on that type of finish.

If your in the U.S. I got mine from Airsplat. Although I was a little hesitant at first my gun came fine and REALLY fast. It was ordered on Monday on got to my house on Thursday, must have caught the right planes or something.

I'd just suggest a TM highcap but if you like mids then go for some MAG's.

A 9.6 elite would work pretty well.

I played with mine today stock and it worked fine. I guess you could install some bushings or whatever else if you want to upgrade right away.

Say that, today my AIMS really shined for me. I was able to pop its cherry early in the day and was doing great ever since. I used an old intellect stick and the ROF was kinda slow, but it was old so thats alright. My accuracy was great. Stock fps doesnt seem to be at 350 but maybe 300. It didnt go throw one side of a can using excel .23's. everything performed well, im very glad I bought this gun.

I might upgrade the internals a bit to around 340 with a .25. Maybe a tightbore as well, these would both be down the road after a few games to see if it really needs it.

I'll probably pick this up in a few weeks when I can drop 500 bucks on it, the battery and AK mags, I sold my AK74u so I need some new mags

Right out of the box the gun "needs" nothing.

There are things that would make it better but internally its honestly fine for at least 30k rounds.

I will say that VFC AK's are GREAT platforms for upgrading. I fired 9 thousand rounds at an event this past saturday. I normally fire about 1200 rounds at a large away game throughout the course of a 9 hour day of airsoft. Dont ask me how but i went through 9 thousand rounds and the gun didnt stutter. Then again, my gun is no longer stock, not by a long shot.

Also, i would strongly suggest that if you're going to go with the Elite 2000-2200 mah cells you get an 8.4 volt battery. After installing modify steel bearings the gun is shooting 23 rounds per second. A 9.6 volt battery would be ridiculous.

Just the bearings.

Their 7mm Steel Ball bearings. They just released ceramic ball bearings in 8mm flavor so im hoping they will release 7mm's soon. If they dont, no worries, their existing 7mm steel offering is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

I´m having a bit trouble with disassembling the gun (almost regretting not to stick with colts :P ). I haven´t got further than getting the receiver cover off. Maybe I´m just not applying enough force (assuming on the right parts needed to pull out) fearing to break my precious AIMS. So, could someone give quick advice how to do the disassembly? Thanks in advance.

My (blowback) bolt lever dislodged when I used 9,6V battery and then almost snapped in half when I tried to pull it out. I contacted vfc and they sent me 2 new pieces :D . But when I tried to use the bb with a 8,4V battery it kinda jammed and didn´t work at all. Came to conclusion not to use the bb at all (who needs it anyway?). When raining the hop up doesn´t perform that good. Don´t know if it´s typical for just AIMS because I don´t have the same problem with my CA M4.

Other than that, the gun has worked nicely. Maybe upgrading the spring in the near future, if I succeed in disassembling it.

1. The blowback must be used with a 9.6 volt battery otherwise you will get lockups. Some stupidly good quality 8.4's will run it just fine but a 9.6 volt is recommended. Without the blowback enabled i would NOT use this gun on a 9.6 volt battery. The rate of fire is just plain stupid.

So do you mean that using a 9.6v with the bb disabled, the ROF of the gun would kill the internals?

Also does anyone know where I can find a VFC PMC without going overseas, my usual sites are out of stock or don't have it.

ok I got my aims pmc 3 weeks ago and shot 30 shots then the *fruitcage* ###### jammed.. refused to fire at all.. tryed to pull the bolt back and fire then the bolt went back, I fire some more shots and it jammed again for good this time. I decided tonight I should open it.. I removed the top cover, removed the blowback pin, and tryed to remove the gearbox but no way in hell it would go out.. I saw ics ak47 disassemble on youtube were they remove a top cover on the selector switch with a sharp tool.. I tryed this iwth mine but it wouldn't work.. any help?

So do you mean that using a 9.6v with the bb disabled, the ROF of the gun would kill the internals?

Also does anyone know where I can find a VFC PMC without going overseas, my usual sites are out of stock or don't have it.

could we get a yes or no for this question please? im intrested in buying the AIMs PMC aswell however im not 100% sure on the bb system therefore disabling it and using a 9.6v batt.

No, the internals wont be destroyed but they will reach their failure point sooner.

This goes for any AEG though.

The reason why i say this is because my AIMS shoots 23 rounds per second on an 8.4 volt battery. Going up to a 9.6 would push me into the 28rps territory which is regarded as high speed.

If anyone is interested in getting an AIMS PMC, toss me a PM and ill forward you in the right direction.

• 3 weeks later...

I just upgraged my aims this weekend. I installed a prometheus m100 spring, king arms 7mm bearing bushings and a guarder spring guide with bearings (I was going to change the piston head to one with bearings too but failed to get rid off the stock piston head <_< ).

When putting the gearbox back together I had some problems, the gears didn´t run that smooth. Nevetheless I finished it and fired some test rounds. With 8,4V battery and the blowback disabled it shot semi but after a burst on auto it jammed. It did get running again when changing the battery to a 9,6V (3600mah). With that battery the rof was very high. So perhaps I might by a GP 9,6V 2200 mah battery.

I don´t know what´s the fps is with the current setup. But I would guess something around 328 fps (0,25g bb, 100m/s ~ 1,25 J). At least my colt has with the same prometheus m100 spring approximately the same fps.

Edited by uba

Yes, mini tamiya.

If your gears arent running smooth then you did something wrong. With the auto shim feature its an absolute breeze to drop in 7mm bearings. Just make sure that your spur gear is shimmed appropriately and check gear mesh between each gear.

Rate of fire on an 8.4 volt battery with a 30 amp discharge rate is disgusting. If you're having rate of fire problems you might want to inspect your technical work.