Could see the edit button,

Just got my PMC and im soooo impressed with it, the mags not too bad tbh however ive got 4 JG 550 high caps (with key winders) in the post.

After switching from a VFC HK416 im impressed with the simplicity the PMC has to offer tbh, and have a AEG i can confidently fire in semi-auto is great! Cant wait to skrim it. However im not that impressed with the pistol grip, i find its very slim and tight on the motor its already rubbed alittle bit of the wire connector on the motor. Think im gunna get a different grip.

3 questions:

1. Will a Kings Arms G16 Standard Pistol Grip for AK Series fit my PMC?

ka-tg-16-B-bk.jpg

2. Again not so keen on the lower forend handguard and i want to change it for a propper railed forend. Kings Arms AK Modular Rail Forend. Will this fit and how do i get the fore end off?

ka-ras-13-b.jpg

ka-ras-13-ba.jpg

3. The wire stock, how do i remove it?

too many questions i know!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the real steel vltor stock tube on my AIMS so the VFC offering will fit no problems. The real steel part required alot of dremeling in order to fit and i mean ALOT.

That RIS may fit but im not sure since i THINK Its made to TM spec. You may have to buy the real ultimak under rail in order for it to work.

Getting the foregrip off is easy.

Swing the lever on the right side of the front trunion up.

Remove the front upper grip.

On the right side of the barrel by the handguard retainer you will see a lever. Lever that up, the handguard cap will slide forward and your handguard will come off. Just be aware that on some VFC guns that handguard retainer lever is TIGHT as hell.

EDIT: That pistol grip will not fit. I attempted to fit a king arms SAW style grip to my AK and well...no dice.

Edited by Magsz

I've had my AIMS since their release on WGC. I added a 190% (m120) and changed the bushings. It locks up like a champ. I assume that I will need to re-shim due to the autoshim function? Or should I remove the autoshims altogether?

PRIOR: to the upgrade debacle has anyone experienced feed issues? I cannot get it to feed reliably on full auto. Semi shoots all day long. I am using mags from a King Arms 5 pack. I've also tried a CA mag. I've lubed the hop up accordingly, but alas still no relief.

Any Ideas?

Edited by haslinger

Haslinger, is your blowback still enabled? if so are you using an 8.4 or 9.6v battery? I had my gearbox lock up constantly on an 8.4v battery and even on a 9.6 when the charge was low, you may have the same issues

as for the mags I have had no feed issues on full auto, but several team mates have had bad run ins with King Arms mags in the past

Haslinger, is your blowback still enabled? if so are you using an 8.4 or 9.6v battery? I had my gearbox lock up constantly on an 8.4v battery and even on a 9.6 when the charge was low, you may have the same issues

as for the mags I have had no feed issues on full auto, but several team mates have had bad run ins with King Arms mags in the past

No I actually disabled it a while back. Just wasn't really my thing. I believe the issue stems from the auto shim gears...

DANG...I should have just bought a ton of CA mags from Trinityairsoft.

UPDATE: I removed the PDI 190: Installed a new nozzle and cylander head, reshimmed, and removed the PDI190 for a 170%. I'll see if that makes a difference in chrono. I did NOT have anymore gearbox lock ups.

Thanks for the HELP!!!!

Hey great review and i have this gun coming in the mail and i am sure i will be pleased when i get it. Oh and star mags don't work at all in this gun because i have a ton of the star mags and i was wondering if i could modify them so they work.

Edited by AZN KID

Well i finally got to play with mine at a urban skrim on sunday and i was bloody pleased with it! However it was semi-auto throughout the day and i suffered from quite afew lock ups, some were easily sorted by switching to full auto fire a burst into the ground or bush area not in play then switch bk to semi and work fine. However twice I had to go back to our staging area and change batteries and put the used onto a fast charge. Im using a 9.6v 1400mah, however I think the lock ups could be due to me either being abit heavy on the trigger and sort of slapping it abit OR its the batteries not having enough charge or that they are brand spanking new pretty much.

Any thoughts?

And apart from my niggles im extremely happy with it.

AEG's are prone to locking up if the triggers are slapped and the piston is locked in the rearmost position.

Dont feather the trigger, you cant do this with AEG's.

If you're going to fire in semi, make sure you depress the trigger fully during each shot.

Well after 2 solid days of airsofting at the Ground Zero weekender with my PMC i was very pleased! Lots of people saying to me "WTF blowback?" which was quite funny. Anyway i was extremely happy with the performance of my PMC over the 2 days, decent range nice rate of fire.

However on the sunday my blow back started to play up, i wasnt to bothered tbh then it stoped completely. While talking to a friend i checked up on what was the problem with it. As it turns out the little leaver thingy that basicly powers the blow back had some how sheared itself in to two pieces and i dont have a clue how it did it.

However I do have a spare, but i found my rate of fire and battery life is now better than before. So i will keep it like that tbh.

any gearbox internal pics of the aims or even the ak105. my 105 should be here next week and I want to do a few upgrades to it internally. Whats the weakest points of the internals?

This has been discussed already.

Piston should last about 20-30k rounds, same as the tappet.

The nylon bushings are actually extremely durable, they will last you quite a while BUT if you're leery of their durability go ahead and install metal bushings/bearings.

The gearset is fantastic, switch unit is great, selector plate is just fine.

All of the airseal components are GREAT.

AR latch and cutoff lever is again, just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my PMC version yesterday and a big thanks to everyone who has provided loads of useful info.

One question though, the blowback rod detached from the piston so I removed it completely.

Bit unsure of reinstallation back into the piston, have I missed something? Do I have to get the gearbox out of the receiver to reinstall or am I being a fool? (maybe don't answer that last one ;))

Edited by christhesecond
Got my PMC version yesterday and a big thanks to everyone who has provided loads of useful info.

One question though, the blowback rod detached from the piston so I removed it completely.

Bit unsure of reinstallation back into the piston, have I missed something? Do I have to get the gearbox out of the receiver to reinstall or am I being a fool? (maybe don't answer that last one ;))

the rear part goes in first, no need to take the gearbox out at all, its abit of a *badgeress* to get back in but it does just go easy on it. Tbh i think personally its best left out, batt last longer.

Got finally an opportunity to snap some photos of my aims. I got rid of the ugly orange colour on the wooden parts and then treated it with stain. Of course the one and only correct red dot sight would be a cobra, but I´m satisfied with the current one (+ this one´s a lot cheaper :D ). The red dot mount is Cyma´s. Enjoy!

post-44892-1222014464_thumb.jpg

post-44892-1222014480_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the great review and all the great info guys!

I've read through this whole thread and I'm still undecided as to if I should get a VFC AIMS or a Marui 74U for a blowback AEG. The VFC AIMS looks a whole lot nicer with full steel construction and realistic wood, I like the style of the AIMS better too, and it can use standard AK mags rather than proprietary new style ones. And when some of those proprietary bits like the piston and bolt guide clip break I can get replacements from VFC.

And hot damn would it look nice with a STAR 7.62 style auto winding drum mag!

On the other hand, the VFC blowback does not seem at all reliable. I get the impression after reading this whole thread that the bolt will jam easily on an 8.4v battery so you must use a 9.6v to make the blowback work. And even then expect regular jams that will require you to remove the top cover to clear the jam and get the gearbox working again. And if I ever want to disable the blowback I have to buy all new batteries because a 9.6v without blowback would just up the ROF too much and be too hard on the internals. Semi auto does not seem to be reliable under any circumstance when the blowback system is engaged and I can expect the piston and tappet plate to need replacing within 20k to 30k rounds.

The Marui 74U on the other hand... doesn't look as good and require proprietary mags, but... reliable reliable reliable reliable. In the off chance something does break internally though I don't see much available in the way of replacement parts, so that's a bit of a negative. On the upside though it does actually have a recoil system to give some felt recoil along with the reliable blowback.

To me at least it seems like the VFC is the best choice for style and the Marui is the best choice for reliability and function... and I just can't decide which to get! :lol:

What do you guys think? Anyone here own both a VFC AIMS and a Marui AK-74 (standard or U)?

Edited by Jin15

The VFC is ONLY the best choice in regards to function when it comes to blowback but you really need to consider the cons of what you described. They're pretty significant if you ask me.

Also, one thing that you need to be aware of is that if you use a very good quality 8.4 volt 30 amp discharge rate pack you will not run into issues with the blowback.

I would go with the VFC hands down, no contest.