Mossberg 500 shotgun, 6 mm version by ACM

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really liking the pistol grip version of this shotgun. Are there any other retailers besides gunners that carries it?

I'm pretty sure rsov.com carries it, however I ordered it from Gunner and received it a week after ordering it with no problems whatsoever, so I wouldn't worry about ordering it from them if I were you.

A couple of people have asked via pm for details of how to reduce the number of bbs per shot so here goes:

Assuming you can remove the stock, trigger mechanism and gas reservoir:

You will need to loosen of the grub screw in the base to release the tension on the rotating cylinder.

Remove the four little screws and withdraw the cylinder.

P5080356.jpg

Cut a short length of rubber tube (6mm diameter) and insert it into the 'barrel end' of the cylinder. (This is a slightly larger diameter than the end that is nearest the stock.)

Push this tube firmly into place.

P5080354.jpg

Test this with the desired number of bbs. Ideally the last bb should stick out everso slightly.

P5080355.jpg

Put the bits back in the gun and presto.

Ohh i see you you cut the length of the tube to allow air to pass through but not a bb, would using 5mm not be better than 6mm ? as a loose 6mm might let the bbs roll past the rubber tube ?

So by the looks of your design your have made your shottie fire 1 bb per shot correct ?

What make is the best and what type of tube should i buy ?

Thanks man ;)

1+

Edited by Crimson
For those who've had one for awhile now, are these guns holding up well? How often do you actually skirmish with them, and have they been effective in games. I like the looks, but on a practical note, I'd rather spend money on effective arms rather than the "gee I got a good looker there, fellaz" gun.

THUMPS...Over

I'd really love to know too, I want to grab one of these for CQB purposes.

Ohh i see you you cut the length of the tube to allow air to pass through but not a bb, would using 5mm not be better than 6mm ? as a loose 6mm might let the bbs roll past the rubber tube ?

So by the looks of your design your have made your shottie fire 1 bb per shot correct ?

What make is the best and what type of tube should i buy ?

Thanks man ;)

1+

No, you push the tube into the cylinder cut to the correct length to fire fire 3bb's obviously it could be done to fire one. Have tried this before on my marushin 6 and 8mm's. I used the rubber tubing from the packaging on a madbull hop rubber. Think it channels the gas better aswel.

Also does the acm have an o-ring between the gas tank and barrel?

I have used both my 8mm and 6mm shotguns in game and the 6mm is WAY more effective, skirmishable, and economical. Someone with the 6mm shotgun can easily hold their own against AEGs. A week or two ago i played the entire day with my 6mm and did great. I've put about 2000 shots through my 8mm plus hours of just racking the pump for sheer joy and the pump arm finally gave way. Mind you, whenever it became jammed (happens alot when you are tinkering with it like i was) i'd just pump it as hard as i needed untill the jammed bb crushed.

When I made my restrictor for my 8mm I used aluminum rod with a hole drilled in the center and forced into the cylinder. Friction keeps it in there very tightly. For you guys using tubing aren't you worrying that sooner or later it will be shot out of the gun?

Edited by whosloosin92

Nope, the tube I used was slightly oversize and when examined to take the photos above was still exactly where I put it. Also, why would it be shot out? The air will take the easiest route; through the tube' Any blockage in the barrel would only add to the pressure within the rubber tube adding to the grip it has.

• 5 weeks later...
Anyone with the 6mm pistol grip version want to tell us how it's holding up?

Mine is holding up fine, still performs as well as it did when I first got it and is still very solid, but has very slight play between the front end and the receiver after I disassembled it partially, probably just needs a screw tightened but it's not really bad enough to bother doing. I am still very pleased with it and don't regret buying it at all.

Mine got every upgrade under the sun and is working well, a bit tough to cock (proud arms are thicker than china ones) fires 3bbs at a time at 350 FPS

This is what mine looks like now:

DSCN1078.jpg

DSCN1080.jpg

All i need is 3 inert shells :)

I also have a tactical tri star grip for when this becomes a secondary weapon when it sits in my scabbard:

CIMG1871.jpg

CIMG1872.jpg

Edited by Crimson
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd really like to convert it to something more appropriate for Vietnam-era.

Ow snap :D Unfortunately i haven't a clue how the real one attaches so cant offer advice, however if anybody does it i would also like to know how they do it

• 2 weeks later...

One of them stock sets is on it's way to me.

I have just finished modifying the number of rounds the chamber loads to three, and I have just chrono'd it using propane and 0.2g bb's. With a room temp of 22C.

Single 0.2g bb = 478fps Average

Three 0.2g bb's = 356fps Average