Mossberg 500 shotgun, 6 mm version by ACM

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should be able replace the fill valve with ones for KSC glocks.

http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3693

Just out of interest, does anybody know what thread those valves use?

I want to conect an external gas feed to my shotgun, but i also want to retain the ability to go back to green.

Just out of interest, does anybody know what thread those valves use?

I want to conect an external gas feed to my shotgun, but i also want to retain the ability to go back to green.

I converted mine to CO2. I had no intention of converting it back to GG so I just drilled and tapped the block for a macroline fitting. My setup is an old paintball Spyder reg and CCI 12 gram quick change.

It's not for everyone but it gets the job done. I can clear all three tubes of BB's plus some on one 12 gram (6mm). Don't mind the red dot I have on it...it's getting replaced with a either a replica Cmore or doctor sight.

snc13085.jpg

snc13088.jpg

thats a good set up. i would, personally, just run a remote line from the gas inlet to a pouch with a 20oz tank.

how'd you get the bottomline kit mounted to the grip?

It's actually a flashlight mount for the ATI pistol foregrip. Since the tactical stock is the same pistol grip, it fit. I just drilled holes for the gauge and the adjustment screw.

There is a roll pin that runs through the grip and the flashlight mount securing it in place.

Edited by 4boost

You're not the only one to do that mod, someone else did it the exact same way, but as i specified i want the ability to go back to green gas.

Now if it was m5, i'd be sorted. My gas parts are mainly m5 and some chinasoft gas valves are m5 (bell 1911 fill valve for example) so i can run some of my stuff with my external rig.... or i will when i get a longer m5 piece to fit them :P.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, friendly advice, be VERy carefull to put the little arm that turns the rotating BB port right. I had it backwards, the screwhead was poking 2 mm outside, instead of being flush in it's recess, and as a result i've been sweating swearing, and busting my hands for over 45 mins with nothing fitting or just jamming..

It was just one of those moments, after fixing the mistake, when everything just slid into place witout any effort...

Edited by Rhyn0
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone with a hop up in their ACM take pics of how it is configured/where it is? I'm thinking of adding one to my Marushin but don't want to go in blind.

I added a hop into mine by filling a channel around the barrel with an opening at the top, then fitting an o ring over . Trim off the excess rubber of the o ring with a sharp blade so its flush with the barrel. Start with a small opening obviously you don't want over hop ,and you can always add.

Where on the barrel did you put this, any chance of pics?

Around a 1cm in from the end .I did I to a couple of friends guns .After doing them I decided to get my own to play with .One thing I noticed when doing this is when you file the barrel to get the hole you start to get a bump before it breaks through .So what I've tried this morning

is thin the barrel ,put a blunt knife in the notch, and give it a tap with a hammer till theres a slight ridge on the inside of the barrel. Its much simpler ,and works well .Its added a little range ,and tightened up the grouping.

Probably a retarded question, which end of the barrel? Assuming the muzzle end, at least you can chop off the end if you really *fruitcage* it up. Which I am likely to do.

where it fits in the gas block. Thats why you have to trim the excess rubber flush with the barrel to fit it in with the o ring method. If you mess up just carry on and use the o ring method .One other thing with the o ring method ,once the hole is filed you'll need to de bur it with a small scapel. I'm gonna give it a go with a tb barrel later.

Edited by heroshark

so i just picked up one if these used and i am having some issues.

1. when i fill it with propane for around 30 seconds i only get maybe 5-10 powerful shots if im lucky, the rest are very low power, maybe 20 feet max. do i need to fill it longer?

2. will this gun handle CO2?

i have already went thru the gas block and checked for leaks, the o-rings that were leaking i changed out, no leaks now.

thanks !