Mossberg 500 shotgun, 6 mm version by ACM

The only thing with the Marushin is that it has a purge valve, which basically leaks off gas over a certain pressure. You can just replace the purge valve with another fill valve, then either leave it or (like I have) seal it with epoxy. This allows you to run higher pressure gases, although the clone doesn't have this valve - it should be able to run off higher pressure gases assuming the gas block is gas tight.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. will this gun handle CO2?

The gun definatly will not take raw CO2, as that runs in at 850 PSI.

If you have an airsoft external rig with a preassure regulator then that would be fine, but i don't know at what preassure the gun would start to fail.

somebody (who's name i cant remember) tested the gun up to 250 PSI, beyond that and the valve leaks.

having a problem like mntmayfly's makes sense when you look at the manufacturing inconsistency of Chinese clone airsoft guns. his bes bet is just to convert it so external air if he REALLY wants to use it.

another thing that could fix it (no promises) is a mosquito molds ungrade valve. you can find it at dentrinityshop.com, search "M500" and it should be the first thing that comes up. the higher flow and stiffer spring that valve will have may make your shots more thoroughly consistent.

Edited by Horsem4n

getting the buggers to hold gas full stop is hard enough. What I've found so far is. Buy a mixed box of orings ,or 2 as I did. Take all the orings off the valve .Wrap a litte plumbers tape in the slot where the first oring sits ,and slip an appropriate oring on so you get a realy good seal inside the end cap. Do the same to the end cap with the tape, then an o ring. Where the valve faces up to the end cap use the thinest oring you can to make a seal while letting the valve as far back as possible. I found a combination of 2 tiny ones worked well .This helps the seal on the front end oring. Now the front end is a tricky one .I started off using a thinner ring as the depth mean it had a smaller inside diameter which sat further forward in the gas chamber .But I had to shim it into place ,and it didn't always want to stay there. The right size ring seemed reluctant to seal. I then found if put in the right size one then one with a similar outside diameter,and larger inside diameter made it work. The other thing is try to screw the end cap just enough to make a seal .You can also shim the valve spring ,but you migth want to make the hammer spring heavier to compensate .Its all about getting the valve tight against that front oring .If your anything like me there will be alot of swearing, you'll use alot of gas, your partner will complain about the smell, but it'll be worth it :) .Btw I also mannaged to fit the tb barrel Haven't realy noticed the difference .Logic would say maybe it would up the fps ,but who knows .I don't have the means to test it. Heres mine in all its glory :D .

DSC01292.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

Edited by heroshark
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...