Problems with orionw88

Blindside

Well, I regret having to post this, but I feel its time to. In here, orionw88 is refered to Orion, as thats his name on my local forum where we originally had contact. I'm posting this here as I know he sold stuff to people here and is a current member.

Back in December, I bought 2 Replica SAPI plates, a WA Wilson Combat Tactical SuperGrade Compact and 5 mags to go along with it. I bought this all for $230 shipped. The SAPI plates + shipping were $30, and the Wilson + Mags was $200. Orion had listed one problem, it was missing two grip screws.

The SAPI plates were just fine, nothing wrong with part of that transaction. The problem is with the WA Wilson. First, the points where the grips connected to the frame were missing. One screw hole was missing the brass part that the screw screwed into. Another the brass part was loose from the frame. Another screw hole that didn't require the brass piece was stripped. So that means I would need a new frame to get it into the condition he described it as. A new plastic frame I have yet to see readily available or available at all for that matter. To get a metal frame, which was the only option I had, I was looking to shell around 140 before shipping from Hong Kong. Not to mention, none of the websites I saw had it instock.

Second, the ambidextrous safety was broken. The left side operated correctly, while the right side did not. This part was going to cost roughly $68, and its not even the correct one for a Wilson Compact. The one I found was silver, while to match the gun I would need a black one. The part was also rare, so it could be something that would take a long time to track down.

Last, two of the five mags leaked. This wasn't a huge deal to me either as those can be fixed fairly easy. Although, 3 of the mags were not the correct ones for a Wilson Compact, they extended about a centimeter out of magwell. This was also a minor problem, but not as described.

At this point, it would cost me around $208 to fix it. That is before shipping from Hong Kong. That doesn't include the new screws I would need to get, but I accepted those in the transaction. There also may be other problems, I have only shot the gun ~10 or so times with 134a to test the mags. I know next to nothing about 1911 series guns, or WA guns for that matter. This was my first in both categories.

Payment was sent on December 9th, I received the gun on the 13th. I made Orion aware of the the problem with the grip and mags that night. I was unaware of the safety at first, as I was unsure if the right side safety was supposed to spin freely. Within a few days, we agreed that he would send me $200, and I would send him the WA + Mags to back it up.

Since then, I have been waiting for my money back. He has had multiple excuses or other reasons why he couldn't get me the money. All I want is the money back for the WA + and mags. He claimed to have sent me a MO that was returned to him and he was unaware of it for three days. At this point, he has cut off communication on February 6th. Days before, I told him I was planning to go to the Police if he did not have the money to me by Saturday February 9th. He told me he would get the money to me by today, February 15th. I've got PMs, Emails and AIM conversations promising me my money, but nothing has come out of it except me being out $200.

I'm now taking steps to contact his local police department. Orion, I'd like it if you just gave me money back and we could both avoid this but your leaving me little choice.

Archived