Why are there no HPA or precharged rifles?

wally squad

I'm very sceptic whether you could shoot a 6 mm BB with a .22 air gun. I know it doesn't work with .22 LR. The BB isn't even close to going into the chamber. (No, I didn't have skirmishing on my mind when I tried that. Just scientific curiocity.)

-Sale

Indeed.

bear in mind, as well, a .22 rifle has, erm, rifling protruding into the bore as well. Any BB that makes it through a .22 barrel is not going to look very pretty.

On topic, my major concern with this idea would be magazines.

Most PCPs I've seen make use of an 8-shot rotary magazine or something similar, if any kind of mag at all. There's never (AFAIK) any "proper" magazine in them.

I vaguely recall that you can get a 20-shot extended mag for some of the guns that use a sort of cylinder to hold the slugs. Maybe that would be sufficient for airsoft?

Anyway, point being that ammo capacity would be a bit of an issue with this thing.

Shame too cos the PCP system gives you the chance for almost instant follow-up shots. A low ammo capacity would reduce the advantage this gives.

Then again, if these guns were as handy as I expect they would be, the low ammo capacity might required to stop them having an unfair advantage.

Skan bullpup in 6mm, anybody? ;)

I'm very sceptic whether you could shoot a 6 mm BB with a .22 air gun. I know it doesn't work with .22 LR. The BB isn't even close to going into the chamber. (No, I didn't have skirmishing on my mind when I tried that. Just scientific curiocity.)

I seem to remember someone doing a RS .22 barrel conversion for his VSR and it worked out fine, his posts are in the original snipers perch thread IIRC.

I would absolutely love an S200 that shot 6mm BBs. Aslong as it was as accurate as the .177 pellet version! Like Stealth says, they all at best use small capacity rotary magazines, and although the s200 uses a nice small little bolt (requiring almost no movement when readying the follow-up shot) 10 shots is till probabaly too few considering the inherent flaws with sending a spherical object long distances.

If it wasn't so dangerous, i'de rather get rid of hop-up all together, shoot more pellet like rifled objects, and simply account for 'bullet' drop. Then ten shots would be plenty.

If someone brought out a PCP airsoft sniper then I don't think it'd be long before it was regarded as being pretty much the ultimate airsoft sniper rifle.

I've got a Logan S16 .22 at home and its an incredible rifle.

After owning one, unless they've came on a considerable way (And i saw a video i believe you made firing a range of 50m in the woods at A4 paper?) I'de say not very well at all!

I don't think you realise, just how windy it was, in that film. The pellets appear to go pretty straight down the range, but If I had not been canting the rifle over, into the wind then I would have had to aim over 5m wide (10%+ of the target distance!)

I will endeavour to make another film, in calm conditions, that shows the consistancy of the setup. Normally I have far more HOP and flat range than shown in the film but had to turn it down in an effort to tackle the wind. Normally pellets are not dropping at that distance.

We had a quick target shoot with it the other week, the winner hit a torso sized target at comparable distance 10 shots out of 11. He later said, he had only missed with his second shot, due to his own error. There was around a 3-5mph crosswind.

All, I'll say is this is way better than the original TANAKA hop up and makes the rifle perform far better.

Good Hunting ;)

Archived