*sigh* Argument about TM metal guns

Vamp V^^V

im pretty sure the thompson has a plastic reciever section - i've got one upstairs, but i cant be arsed to check. and tbh, so much of the m14 is the stock, i wouldnt class it as a metal gun, although it does have metal parts wher they should be. but yeah, the type 89 is. isn't the new Ak aswell ?

To clarify, the lower receiver is plastic on the Thompson. The upper and outer barrel are metal.

FWIW, the amount of the Thompson that's plastic is about the size of a glock pistol frame. The vast majority of it is metal.

It's true that recent TM guns are also metal, and possibly more realistically so, but the M1a1 (and the AUG) give lie to the idea that TM have only made plastic guns until recently.

To clarify, the lower receiver is plastic on the Thompson. The upper and outer barrel are metal.

FWIW, the amount of the Thompson that's plastic is about the size of a glock pistol frame. The vast majority of it is metal.

It's true that recent TM guns are also metal, and possibly more realistically so, but the M1a1 (and the AUG) give lie to the idea that TM have only made plastic guns until recently.

That was pretty much my argument, but alas, it was to no avail. No one believed me, lol.

The charging handle is plastic. :waggle:

(I think...)

The flipper lever is supposed to be plastic, but the part it attaches to (bolt carrier) should be metal. So the G36C is not quite there. The M1A1 has a plastic lower receiver, so it's not a full metal gun either.

The AUG, M14, Type89 and AKM74 on the other hand are full metal (=everything that should be metal is metal) AEGs, and the VSR-10 is an all metal rifle.

-Sale

Archived