I bought this ages ago from Onpatrol. If I remember correctly, it was the last one available as JUST had decided to discontinue the replica.

Before I bought it, I had read many-a-reviews, and all of them had given a very positive non bias opinion on them. :)

So here is my take on this awesome Brain bucket!

Although I have painted this Tan, it came in a bold OD Colour. Unlike most replica helmets, this is made with OD plastic, rather then just painted OD.

It is built with a strong ABS, rather then just a weak plastic like most.

And, it is also nicely padded inside.

The pics also feature: A Genuine ACR MS2000 Strobe, Genuine NVG Swing Arm, Genuine USMC Goggle Retention Straps, Genuine Arena Flakjaks, G&P Replica Norotos Mount and a Stone that I found at the beach.

From just appearance wise, the helmet looks exactly like the real thing, even the surface feels rough and not smooth like fake poorly molded replicas.

Front Side View

HelmetSmall.jpg

When you pick it up, you feel the weight. This is made with heavy duty shock resistant materiel. It is unlikely to break if you drop it.

The screw placement is pretty much like the real thing, and real care has been taken into drilling the holes.

Rear View

HelmetBackStrobeSmall.jpg

The padded inside has also had a lot of care. There are soft cushioned pads all neatly Velcro'd down. The Velcro tabs have also been stuck exactly where they should be. None are a-scew or at irregular levels.

Inside

HelmetPadsSmall.jpg

Inside w/o pads

HelmetnoPadsSmall.jpg

The pads, just like the real thing, are added for comfort, but also to make sure that the helmet fits snugly around your noggin, similarly, some can be taken out if its too tight.

The chin strap is equally as well built. It is nicely padded and comfortable to wear. More importantly it is easy enough to adjust.

Accessories

My helmet isn't finished yet, but for the items that I do have, here is a quick mention :)

Arena Flakjaks

I bought them because I thought they looked cool :P - But also because I had heard that they don't fog. Well, the advertising is correct. They do not fog. They have special vents at the top and bottom which filter out the hot air.

It a very simple and clever design with no moving parts.

G&P Norotos Mount & Genuine NVG Swing Arm

I can't justify spending $350 on a mount, especially as I cant afford an NVG :P The G&P serves its purpose. Its made of plastic and not metal like the real thing.But, it securely holds the NVG arm in place. And even when the NVG arm swings up and down (alot of strain involved) the mount holds steady.

I would very much recommend this to anyone that is after a replica Norotos.

NVG Arm Down

NVGMountDownSmall.jpg

I opted for the Genuine Arm and not a replica mainly for the trades. It just looks better then a replica. But truth be told... The replica is exactly the same! Still though, the more RS the better! :P

ACR MS2000 IR Strobe

The strobe is great. Yes you can get replicas (for a price) but they aren't actually strobes.... They are either crappy lights or Speedloaders... Although for Airsoft this probs doesn't have much use. It is a great item to have.

The bulb gives off a 250,000. Lumen burst every 2 seconds and has a battery life of over 1000 hours!

Front

Strobe2Small.jpg

As well as the strobe light, there is a black cover, this is an IR filter, it means that the strobe flash will only be seen when using an NVG.

Back, shows IR Filter

StrobeSmall.jpg

If the unit is pulled down from its shell, the strobe gets covered by a blue film. Thus creating a blue flash! Ill be honest, I don't actually know the purpose for this :P

Blue Filter

BlueStrobeSmall.jpg

Conclusion

As a whole, this helmet is by far the best replica on the market! And it is a real shame that it has been discontinued. The build quality and feel of it, is unlike any other replica.

The only helmet that can top it, would have to be the real MICH.

Due to the above, I can only really give this helmet a 10/10 :D

• 1 month later...